• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

INCREDIBLE AUCTION RESULTS CONTINUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

74 posts in this topic

and this one ?

http://comics.ha.com/common/view_item.php?Sale_No=7007&Lot_No=91348&src=pr

15.5 K ?

843 in 9.8, 13 in 9.9, 2 in 10.

Beat me to it. Crazy.

And a JIM #92 CGC 9.2 went for $700...a steal. I'd have gladly paid almost double that if I could bid on it. I was at music lessons with my munchkins and didn't put in a proxy bid.

This was Heritage's fault. I was sitting at my computer franticaly hitting the BID button on LiveBid and even though it said that my bid was sent, the auction ended before accepting it. They rushed through this lot very quickly. I don't know if it was my connection or their server that was the problem but they literally rushed through that lot in 15 seconds or so. :frustrated:

WE NEED MORE THREADS WITH ALL CAPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:slapfight:

As incredible as those results are, I think I am more astounded by the CGC 9.6 copy of ASM#14 that sold for over $53K in March. That is just unbelievable.

THAT is ridiculous

Dr Blake - I'll never understand why so many folks on these boards get so riled up over your use of CAS and the fact that you usually come on here to share your amazement over some truly amazing sales.

I, for one, appreciate your notes as I'd otherwise likely miss these things.

An Avengers #1 in 9.0 for $25,000 is truly unbelievable. It seems the pending movie, etc., has caused the Title to surpass similarly graded copies of X-men.

That's only taken them 46 years to catch up... :o

and for all you DDB haters, let me say that he was a huge help to me when I got back into comics about 7 years ago. In fact he saved my bacon on my FF# 11 in 9.4 when there was very little sales data to compare to... (thumbs u

hey thanx Harry

appreciate the kind words.

alot of haters on these boards for my enthusiasm for the hobby..................predictable human nature.

what if i hadnt been alerting everyone to EWERT"S INCREDIBLE NEVERENDING FINDS OF ULTRAHIGH GRADE CGC BOOKS HEY??!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JUST BECOS POSTING IN CAPS IS NOT THE NORM DOESNT MEAN YOU HAVE TO HATE ON IT

JUST BECOS POSTING IN CAPS IS NOT THE NORM DOESNT MEAN YOU HAVE TO HATE ON IT

Running down the street screaming isn't the norm either, and it makes you look like a crazy person.

Posting in all caps is completely unnecessary, multiple exclamation points even moreso. It says " OH HI I'M GOING TO DO THE INTERNET EQUIVALENT OF SCREAMING IN YOUR EAR FOR NO GOOD REASON!!!!!!1111!!!!ONE!!!!

One person doing it is annoying enough, if everyone here posted in all caps just because they were excited about something, the board would look like an even bigger trainwreck. Do you want that? If it's OK for you, why don't we all do it?

Look, if you want to report huge/ridiculous sales, as you seem wont to, just create a post titled "DDB's weekly roundup of crazy sales!" (note the appropriate caps and single exclamation point). Update it however often you want, might even be a good candidate for a sticky; nobody will hate on that. What annoys people is the caps. It's unecessary. If your post is worthwhile, then it will be read and replied to, no screaming required. Apparently, many people who replied in this thread appreciated the content of your post, and I bet you a cookie they'd have found it even without the capslock.

S'all I'm sayin'.

An Avengers #1 in 9.0 for $25,000 is truly unbelievable. It seems the pending movie, etc., has caused the Title to surpass similarly graded copies of X-men.

Actually, the X-Men #1 9.0 sold for $33K. (thumbs u

What I don't get is these prices suggest there is something special about the auction or something...like you're not just winning the book but you're able to crow I won the suchandsuch book at the suchandsuch auction...when in fact we virtually have these auctions once a week...even the quarterly auctions are starting to feel like you blink and it's on you again...so why the frenzy? I don't get it... (shrug)

And has it not been confirmed that Texas/Heritage still allows shill/house bidding...just makes me think anytime the books get up to the crazy prices the bidders are bidding against the house...stupid... :insane:

And a JIM #92 CGC 9.2 went for $700...a steal. I'd have gladly paid almost double that if I could bid on it.

Grease pencil mark on front cover, otherwise I woulda bid it up personally as I was right there watching it undersell and understanding why it did. Most everything else in that auction went for strong prices, I was ready to bid on a dozen or so books, but they were all going for strong prices, so I stayed away.

Grease pencil marks. :cloud9:

And a JIM #92 CGC 9.2 went for $700...a steal. I'd have gladly paid almost double that if I could bid on it.

Grease pencil mark on front cover, otherwise I woulda bid it up personally as I was right there watching it undersell and understanding why it did. Most everything else in that auction went for strong prices, I was ready to bid on a dozen or so books, but they were all going for strong prices, so I stayed away.

Grease pencil marks. :cloud9:

Man I hate myself for not throwng in a strong pre live bid. Terrific book! Would have gone perfect next to me #91 9.2

Would have gone perfect next to me #91 9.2

Roy, you speaking in "pirate" now? Arghhh matey!

I'm speaking in "typo". It's the latest rage now that the "Londoner's slang fad" has passed.

:grin:

So did any board members pick this book up? I'd love a pm if they did.

:wishluck:

and this one ?

15.5 K ?

Beat me to it. Crazy.

And a JIM #92 CGC 9.2 went for $700...a steal. I'd have gladly paid almost double that if I could bid on it. I was at music lessons with my munchkins and didn't put in a proxy bid.

Gee, I wonder who won that book? :whistle:

Actually, the X-Men #1 9.0 sold for $33K. (thumbs u

Says the young man sitting on an X-Men #1 in 9.2 (still, i think).

and no less an expert than our own Mr Storms said my OO copy is a 9.0... :acclaim:

and this one ?

15.5 K ?

At the risk of hearing the same worn out comebacks like "what you collect is great, what I collect is dumb", that's one of the silliest auction results I have ever seen. 15k for that. Nevermind another comic, I'd rather have just about anything in the world that cost 15k other than that book.

OMFG! - I thought it was nuts when a 10.0 copy sold for over a grand a few years back - now that looks like a brilliant investment (for now). We are in tulip bulb territory now folks - this is what it looks like just before the bubble pops.