• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Question about CGC submissions.

7 posts in this topic

Hi!

I'm new to the world of "slabbing" books and just received a Journey Into Mystery 83 for Christmas. I'll post an image in the grading section later to get an idea of its grade (I'm thinking 4.0-4.5), but I'm a bit confused as to the "maximum value" of the book. The value of this books hovers right around 1000.00 or so...can I submit it for standard grading or do I need to use the express? Am I even making sense? smile.gif

Basically, the Standard option has a "maximum book value" of $1000.00, Economy 250.00, etc. The JIM 83 could be under or over 1000.00 FMV so how do I know if I can submit it standard?

Thanks in advance and I hope to get the image up tonight!

Tom

Welcome to the boards. hi.gif

I hope you will continue to post with your thoughts and ideas.

Now, your question.

The way I understand it, boarderline books such as yours can be sent in either tier.

The only thing is that you are limited to how much insurance will be placed on the book when it is shipped back to you.

If you go with the lower one, you can only insure up to $1000.

If you can sleep at night with that number, then send it on the lower tier.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

When in doubt, call 1-877-NM-COMIC and one of their customer service employees can point you in the right direction.

They are friendly, helpful, and (so far) I've never been bitten by one. 893whatthe.gif

I can definitely vouch for CGC's customer service. In fact, CGC's philosophy is that they want you to talk to a real HUMAN (as opposed to a mutant or other ogre/monster). As someone who works in technology, it defintely brings a smile to my face. They just installed a telephony system, but you are literally one button away from talking to someone.

Thanks CGC!

Psiknight --- welcome to the CGC boards! Plenty of fun and information await you.... hi.gif