• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I got the dreaded call from CGC today...

309 posts in this topic

Well, it clears up one thing . . . :whistle:

What that you like to bring things up without following through?

Go ahead and call him out, you pretty much did already in a round about, read between the lines whimpy kinda way.

:baiting:

:popcorn:

Go ahead and call him out, you pretty much did already in a round about, read between the lines whimpy kinda way.

:popcorn:

:popcorn::popcorn:

What's the big mystery, that blue adjusts his scans? Big whoop. :whatev:

I adjust mine. I don't post a scan without running it through auto levels and auto focus in Photoshop Elements 2.

It doesn't really matter anyway. Everyone's monitor registers brightness, contrast and color differently anyway.

So, in a nutshell, who cares? (shrug)

Front:

FF65-1.jpg

FF65Front.jpg

Back Scan:

FF65BC.jpg

FF65Back.jpg

I also want to know who is being called out here.

Front:

FF65-1.jpg

FF65Front.jpg

Back Scan:

FF65BC.jpg

FF65Back.jpg

I also want to know who is being called out here.

the book looked better in hand then it did in Blue's Original Scan.

I adjust mine. I don't post a scan without running it through auto levels and auto focus in Photoshop Elements 2.

It doesn't really matter anyway. Everyone's monitor registers brightness, contrast and color differently anyway.

I would buy from Blue without a scan. Every transaction I have had has been sublime. Dead balls on or undergraded everytime, with the CGC backup on several of them. He could scan his butt and put up a listing and if I needed it, I would buy it.

I would buy from Blue without a scan. Every transaction I have had has been sublime. Dead balls on or undergraded everytime, with the CGC backup on several of them. He could scan his butt and put up a listing and if I needed it, I would buy it.

(thumbs u

Buying and selling azz: mods notified. (tsk)

Thanks. If someone has a problem with my scans let me know. To be honest I have a piece of Acer that is very old and basic. I don't enhance my scans at all and think they actually don't do my books any justice.

:news:I spoke with Mark Haspel and we came to a resolution that I am happy with. They have bought back my 3 damaged books for $500(full insurance value plus $50) in CGC grading credit. They will also reimburse me for the 3 grading fees on economy fast track tier of those damaged books. ($33.30 x3) AND he will expedite that submission to a 5 day turn around!! :o

SO $600 worth of grading with a 1 week turn-around time!!

downside - I will not be getting the books back.

Personally, I think the resolution is a fair one and I am happy to move on.

what do you guys think?

Good to hear - personally there wasn't a doubt in my mind that CGC would take care of this problem. Glad to see I wasn't wrong.

I probably have a scan of my butt somewhere, if you're interested. hm

I'll pass.

Thanks. If someone has a problem with my scans let me know. To be honest I have a piece of Acer that is very old and basic. I don't enhance my scans at all and think they actually don't do my books any justice.

i wouldn't worry about it. your reputation as a top-line seller is hard-won and deserved.

i've only bought one book - i think it was one, but it might have been two - from you, and would do so again without hesitation. my lightening up of the scan was more of an effort to provide better comparisons to the CGC scan

Oh, God in heaven, talk about sloppy seconds. :sick:

:roflmao: