• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I got the dreaded call from CGC today...

309 posts in this topic

Just another reason why I double or tripple box stuff when I ship, and use ungodly amounts of peanuts and bubble wrap.

If I may suggest, try hard board available from a big box store. 1/8" works great. Cut a sheet into pieces a little bigger than your bubble wrapped books and tape them on the outside. They will take a hard knock with no problem and cut down on the size of your box.

Just another reason why I double or tripple box stuff when I ship, and use ungodly amounts of peanuts and bubble wrap.

No kidding Rich. Although I don't skimp on packing material, reading some of what happens make you always consider taking it to a next level.

I only use high-tensile polycarbonate steel to pack my slabs . . . :whistle:

You guys are a bunch of amateurs :roflmao:

No kidding Rich. Although I don't skimp on packing material, reading some of what happens make you always consider taking it to a next level.

Glad to hear there was an equitable resolution. :applause:

This comment though brings to mind that sometimes a comic is OVERPACKAGED to the extent that it might cause me to DAMAGE a book. I.E. Someone packs a book SO WELL that I have to use an Exacto knife to extract the book... sometimes having to CUT THE BOOK out of the bag that it is in.

So a great packing job might have the opposite effect... I.E. it protects the book during transit, but it's a HUGE PAIN to extract. (and makes it easier to damage when attempting to extract it.)

Same book, different scanners.

Wasn't my point.

I was responding to Monstros original post :baiting:

Better brush up on your quoting technique :baiting:

Check again to see who my response was too :baiting:

Uh, no, YOU check again . . . :roflmao:

(I did before I posted the first time . . . lol )

:news:I spoke with Mark Haspel and we came to a resolution that I am happy with. They have bought back my 3 damaged books for $500(full insurance value plus $50) in CGC grading credit. They will also reimburse me for the 3 grading fees on economy fast track tier of those damaged books. ($33.30 x3) AND he will expedite that submission to a 5 day turn around!! :o

SO $600 worth of grading with a 1 week turn-around time!!

downside - I will not be getting the books back.

Personally, I think the resolution is a fair one and I am happy to move on.

what do you guys think?

Sounds like they've bigged up and taken it on the chin. I'd be happy at that.

Great resullt mate. Fair play to CGC (thumbs u

Same book, different scanners.

Wasn't my point.

Different scanners and different settings... but I think your point is really meant for ANOTHER MASSIVE thread of its own... :baiting:

:grin::o:grin: yep . . .

Start it :baiting:

Not me - I started it once before with youknowwho . . . and look where it got me :grin:

Glad to hear there was an equitable resolution. :applause:

This comment though brings to mind that sometimes a comic is OVERPACKAGED to the extent that it might cause me to DAMAGE a book. I.E. Someone packs a book SO WELL that I have to use an Exacto knife to extract the book... sometimes having to CUT THE BOOK out of the bag that it is in.

So a great packing job might have the opposite effect... I.E. it protects the book during transit, but it's a HUGE PAIN to extract. (and makes it easier to damage when attempting to extract it.)

Bad packaging and loads of packing tape is even worse still :censored:

:news:I spoke with Mark Haspel and we came to a resolution that I am happy with. They have bought back my 3 damaged books for $500(full insurance value plus $50) in CGC grading credit. They will also reimburse me for the 3 grading fees on economy fast track tier of those damaged books. ($33.30 x3) AND he will expedite that submission to a 5 day turn around!! :o

what do you guys think?

Congrats. That sounds about as good as you could ask for. Its a shame about your books, but the ones at CGC aren't what you want now either.

what do you guys think?

I think if you're satisfied, then they've accomplished all they could possibly have hoped for. Congrats on a satisfactory ending to a very dicey situation. If it were me, I'd think this was fair.

I only use high-tensile polycarbonate steel to pack my slabs . . . :whistle:

You guys are a bunch of amateurs :roflmao:

I've found my new solution. Of course, the comics go in the small one.

Vintage%20Leather%20Suitcase.jpg

Front:

FF65-1.jpg

FF65Front.jpg

Back Scan:

FF65BC.jpg

FF65Back.jpg

Well, it clears up one thing . . . :whistle:

What that you like to bring things up without following through?

Go ahead and call him out, you pretty much did already in a round about, read between the lines whimpy kinda way.

:baiting:

13 new posts cluttering my inbox and none have anything to do with the subject. :makepoint:
You actually get alerts if someone posts in a thread (shrug)

Only threads I'm interested in. I don't have the time to monitor the boards and I don't have the time to sift thru 20 pages of to find 2 pertinent comments. I'll go away now. :sorry:

The krap in the threads is the best part. After 6 months you pretty much know where everybody stands, and what will happen in every thread.

Although it sounds like Divad is holding back something BIG..

That's not what she said. Couldn't help it.

Got beat. :P

what do you guys think?

I think if you're satisfied, then they've accomplished all they could possibly have hoped for. Congrats on a satisfactory ending to a very dicey situation. If it were me, I'd think this was fair.

at first - I'll be honest - I wanted the books back, but after talking with Mark he made me confident that the books in their current condition were worth far less then the amount of credit they were giving me. The biggest let down is that one of those books came from Blue's OO collection and was really a gorgeous high gloss book. When his collection becomes a famous pedigree someday :wishluck: this will sting a bit. lol

They responded to my calls immediately and I never felt like they were avoiding the conflict. I was a bit worried by the mixed conversation I had on Friday but overall I am happy and this resolution should keep everyone comfortable with CGC. Like I said in the beginning, mess happens. CGC reacted professionally and I am satisfied with the resolution. :golfclap: