• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I got the dreaded call from CGC today...

309 posts in this topic

What's the big mystery, that blue adjusts his scans? Big whoop. :whatev:

I adjust mine. I don't post a scan without running it through auto levels and auto focus in Photoshop Elements 2.

It doesn't really matter anyway. Everyone's monitor registers brightness, contrast and color differently anyway.

So, in a nutshell, who cares? (shrug)

I would buy from Blue without a scan. Every transaction I have had has been sublime. Dead balls on or undergraded everytime, with the CGC backup on several of them. He could scan his butt and put up a listing and if I needed it, I would buy it.

I probably have a scan of my butt somewhere, if you're interested. hm

I had enough trouble getting a scanner to fit slabs, but this.... :eek:

I adjust mine. I don't post a scan without running it through auto levels and auto focus in Photoshop Elements 2.

It doesn't really matter anyway. Everyone's monitor registers brightness, contrast and color differently anyway.

I would buy from Blue without a scan. Every transaction I have had has been sublime. Dead balls on or undergraded everytime, with the CGC backup on several of them. He could scan his butt and put up a listing and if I needed it, I would buy it.

Oh, God in heaven, talk about sloppy seconds. :sick:

:roflmao:

It's virgin territory.

Dunno if I picked up the boys or not, so it might be framed with a big ole tea bag.

It's virgin territory.

Dunno if I picked up the boys or not, so it might be framed with a big ole tea bag.

I thought the ex-wife gave it a pretty good going over. hm

It's virgin territory.

Well...she did...

But I had surgery to reattach my hymen, so now it's virgin again. :gossip:

It's virgin territory.

Well...she did...

^^ Can I be first in line to bust that bugger the right way.

Glad you're happy and it worked out. Personally, I would have wanted cash, but if you submit a lot of books it's all the same. It's great that they didn't try to slither out of responsibility...even though they can't be certain what happened.

It's virgin territory.

Well...she did...

^^ Can I be first in line to bust that bugger the right way.

Holy , Jason. :eek:

Glad that you are happy with the resolution but now what happens to the book? Honestly, the bump did not look that bad from the scan so I wonder how much the grade would have been affected. Sorry, I am newbie and not much of a grader.

Glad that you are happy with the resolution but now what happens to the book? Honestly, the bump did not look that bad from the scan so I wonder how much the grade would have been affected. Sorry, I am newbie and not much of a grader.

well they keep the 3 books -you're right the 65 still looked pretty decent, but the difference in value is pretty significant when even a little damage hits a high grade book like this. GPA in 9.0 is only $70 and from the scans I was thinking it would have graded lower than that. I tried to get them to give me the books back and I tried to get the refund in cash. After talking with 3 different people - I realized that was not going to happen. Basically - they refused to grade them knowing they were damaged. They said I would either get the credit or get the books back with no credit. So i took the credit. I'm not head over heals ecstatic about the whole thing. I would definitely rather things went smoothly - but I think that CGC handled it satisfactory and certainly could have done much worse IMO.

I had to put my dog down today because of Lymphoma cancer so I wasn't really in an arguing mood. I guess it's possible I could have held out for more but it just seemed like a fair resolution to me.

well they keep the 3 books -you're right the 65 still looked pretty decent, but the difference in value is pretty significant when even a little damage hits a high grade book like this. GPA in 9.0 is only $70 and from the scans I was thinking it would have graded lower than that. I tried to get them to give me the books back and I tried to get the refund in cash. After talking with 3 different people - I realized that was not going to happen. Basically - they refused to grade them knowing they were damaged. They said I would either get the credit or get the books back with no credit. So i took the credit. I'm not head over heals ecstatic about the whole thing. I would definitely rather things went smoothly - but I think that CGC handled it satisfactory and certainly could have done much worse IMO.

I had to put my dog down today because of Lymphoma cancer so I wasn't really in an arguing mood. I guess it's possible I could have held out for more but it just seemed like a fair resolution to me.

Sorry to hear about your dog. It's never easy putting down a pet and having to deal with the vets in the process.

I understand that if they settle then they would want to keep the book. I just wonder what they do with the book then? Give them out as end of year bonuses?

:news:I spoke with Mark Haspel and we came to a resolution that I am happy with. They have bought back my 3 damaged books for $500(full insurance value plus $50) in CGC grading credit. They will also reimburse me for the 3 grading fees on economy fast track tier of those damaged books. ($33.30 x3) AND he will expedite that submission to a 5 day turn around!! :o

SO $600 worth of grading with a 1 week turn-around time!!

downside - I will not be getting the books back.

Personally, I think the resolution is a fair one and I am happy to move on.

what do you guys think?

Its nice to see that the company did the right thing. :applause:

Its the win-win thing to do after an accident like this.

I wonder if this thread had any bearing on that? hm

Really sorry about your dog.I know how you feel :(

All the rest is just comics