• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT: Chaka Chaka Khan...

21 posts in this topic

SciFi Channel has a Land of the Lost marathon today. I've been watching pretty much all day, remembering this wonderful show from my childhood Saturday mornings.

While watching, I've come to the realization that the makeup effects for the lovable Chaka was nothing more than a leftover head mold from actor Clint Howard. :makepoint:

Chaka...

chaka.jpg

Clint...

320x240.jpg

The resemblance is uncanny. :eek:

Unlike the new COMEDY version of Land of the Lost. :(

How could they take one of MY favourite childhood show and make it into a comedy. thumbs_down.gif

I will probably still watch it. Always loved the Sleestaks

How could they take one of MY favourite childhood show and make it into a comedy. thumbs_down.gif

Same here.

To say that I can't stand Will Ferrell would be an understatement. More along the lines of *loathe*.

When I found out he was in this movie, I almost threw up.

The only thing that could have been worse would for it to have Jack Black in it too. :frustrated:

But I will go see it. I have never in my life been able to make it all the way through a Will Ferrell movie, but I'm going to try just for the sake of it being one of my childhood favorites.

To say that I can't stand Will Ferrell would be an understatement. More along the lines of *loathe*. The only thing that could have been worse would for it to have Jack Black in it too. :frustrated:

Great tastes there my man (thumbs u

To say that I can't stand Will Ferrell would be an understatement. More along the lines of *loathe*. The only thing that could have been worse would for it to have Jack Black in it too. :frustrated:

Great tastes there my man (thumbs u

:acclaim:

I tried to watch the marathon but I found myself laughing too hard. I can't believe how much I loved the show as a kid but seeing it in todays age it was more than I could bear. It was so bad it was funny.

The same with Electro Woman and Dyna Girl and Dr Shrinker. Cant believe how much I liked these shows but now I cant force myself to sit through them.

Thier doing it to Green Hornet next year as well.

Chaka...

chaka.jpg

Courtesy of Wikipedia:

Phillip Paley (born September 15, 1963)[1] is an American actor possibly best recalled for his role as Cha-Ka in the 1974 American television series Land of the Lost.

Born in Los Angeles, California, Paley began his acting career at age ten on the cult children's TV series Land of the Lost. He was discovered for the role by becoming the youngest Black Belt in U.S. history (1973) at age nine, and by having appeared on The Tonight Show with Johnny Carson and Chuck Norris. In 1988 he starred in a Roger Corman teen exploitation comedy titled Beachballs[2]. He has contributed to interviews and commentary on the Land of the Lost DVDs.

This is apparently him in adulthood:

widget_au248y-DLos5cp9LUWVfIv.jpg

WOW, he reads "How to beat impotance" ? That's the tenth edition!

then you better upgrade your 1`st edition -- there may be some new usefull information in the newer one that you can use :baiting:

Chaka...

chaka.jpg

Courtesy of Wikipedia:

Phillip Paley (born September 15, 1963)[1] is an American actor possibly best recalled for his role as Cha-Ka in the 1974 American television series Land of the Lost.

Born in Los Angeles, California, Paley began his acting career at age ten on the cult children's TV series Land of the Lost. He was discovered for the role by becoming the youngest Black Belt in U.S. history (1973) at age nine, and by having appeared on The Tonight Show with Johnny Carson and Chuck Norris. In 1988 he starred in a Roger Corman teen exploitation comedy titled Beachballs[2]. He has contributed to interviews and commentary on the Land of the Lost DVDs.

This is apparently him in adulthood:

widget_au248y-DLos5cp9LUWVfIv.jpg

He had to learn karate to defend himself from all the kids fuggin with him because he was Chaka. :roflmao:

WOW, he reads "How to beat impotance" ? That's the tenth edition!

then you better upgrade your 1`st edition -- there may be some new usefull information in the newer one that you can use :baiting:

Nope..there isn't..I'm done with books..all websites now, they do the job mighty well, and it helps that I don't do massive amounts of X as well.