• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Archie to get married...

43 posts in this topic

But this is all What If/Elseworlds stuff, so who cares? It's not like the new digest stories will have Archie and Veronica living together, having kids, etc. It's just a lame way of driving up hype, similar to what Marvel and DC do on a weekly basis. meh

Archie's douchebaggery never ceased to amaze me.

1) He has a hot blonde and a hot brunette after him, and he chooses the brunette. :screwy:

2) All these years, and he doesn't even attempt to get them into a threesome. :screwy::screwy:

I have no doubt that Peter Parker would have made it work with Gwen and MJ, had Gwen not croaked. And if he didn't, he certainly would have chosen Gwen over MJ.

But this is all What If/Elseworlds stuff, so who cares? It's not like the new digest stories will have Archie and Veronica living together, having kids, etc. It's just a lame way of driving up hype, similar to what Marvel and DC do on a weekly basis. meh

Errr... don't Archie comics have no continuity whatsoever? So wouldn't this just be another Archie story? Yeah, it's hype, but I don't see anyone saying, "THIS WILL CHANGE ARCHIE'S WORLD FOREVER!!!1!1!!!"

I'll at least flip through the book in the LCS. It could be fun.

Errr... don't Archie comics have no continuity whatsoever?

The selling point of Archie is that "nothing ever changes" and the zany teenager being chased by Betty while he pursues Veronica has been a staple since the GA. No one has ever graduated high school, Archie's parents are still his parents, Veronica's father is still Mr Lodge, etc.

That's why this is an Elseworld's tale, like those fairy tales, like Archie and the Beanstalk. :insane:

80316.jpg.4d5773e7c0303954d19ea7a82d8cd3ed.jpg

80317.jpg.9f6f94c5fb0f4139e9e83ecc82b8c393.jpg

80318.jpg.277e438b8ded3c6b487d1e32b4933916.jpg

Yes, and I hate the new one. However, I can kinda understand why, considering how old his original jalopy was, and still running, would make it worth some serious coin to a collector.

They should have given him a Yugo for his updated car, now there's something that'll never be worth anything.

The RRP shows his eventual marriage to Jughead.
:signfunny::o

* Great Star Wars-holo vid sig, Comixs4Fun! lol

I guess that RRP wouldn't be legal in California right now.

Errr... don't Archie comics have no continuity whatsoever?

The selling point of Archie is that "nothing ever changes" and the zany teenager being chased by Betty while he pursues Veronica has been a staple since the GA. No one has ever graduated high school, Archie's parents are still his parents, Veronica's father is still Mr Lodge, etc.

That's why this is an Elseworld's tale, like those fairy tales, like Archie and the Beanstalk. :insane:

I guess my nit is with the characterization of the story as "Elseworlds" because that connotes continuity. Perhaps DC's old "imaginary story" would have been better. But I agree with your characterization of Archie's selling point.

You mean in the thousands of Archie stories out there, Archie has never dreamed about/got knocked on the head and hallucinated/etc being married to one or the other. I'm kind of amazed.

I'm pretty sure there's been a few hallucinations, in fact, I'm certain there was one where Betty and Veronica dreamed of it in a fairly recent issue. I'll do some digging around my collection this weekend.

I heard there will be multiple covers

One with proposal to Betty, other with Veronica?

No, you're correct. It will show Archie's life in the future if he marries Veronica, and then if he marries Betty.

The RRP shows his eventual marriage to Jughead.

Hey! Mystery solved! Riverdale is in Iowa!

I'm certain there was one where Betty and Veronica dreamed of it in a fairly recent issue.

My kids bought a pile of Archie digests at a recent card show, to which the little one wants me to read her from constantly, and there was no fewer than 3 "Archie Marries Betty/Veronica" stories using dream sequences/imaginary tales in one digest.

I hardly see the "big news" here. meh

I'm certain there was one where Betty and Veronica dreamed of it in a fairly recent issue.

My kids bought a pile of Archie digests at a recent card show, to which the little one wants me to read her from constantly, and there was no fewer than 3 "Archie Marries Betty/Veronica" stories using dream sequences/imaginary tales in one digest.

I hardly see the "big news" here. meh

Neither do I. I'd be more surprised if there was a story that involved Jughead getting some girl pregnant, but even that wouldn't really be huge news to me. (shrug)

From my "reading to the kids" exploits, I'm somewhat versed in Archie lore, and wasn't there a "dream sequence" story where Jughead married Big Ethel and they showed their kids?

That would qualify.