• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The return of Cap?

26 posts in this topic

Hang on... killing a major character, telling the news, selling tons, and then bringing him back?

surely a massive comic publisher wouldnt do that . . . . .

Whats with the preview with the little girl for Cap 600?

They would not reincarnate Cap as a girl...would they?

I think 600 is just a collection of Stories!

My LCS is mad that they don't know what they are ordering and as such, don't know how many to order. I know secrecy is important, but dang, give the little guys a bone so they can take care of their customers appropriately.

Whats with the preview with the little girl for Cap 600?

They would not reincarnate Cap as a girl...would they?

I think 600 is just a collection of Stories!

Then why the odd delivery date?

Right from the Marvel solicit

"The Story: Where were you when Captain America died? It's the anniversary of the day Steve Rogers was killed, a day of reflection and mourning in the Marvel U...a time to look back on the things Steve did and what he stood for... or is this issue actually the beginning of the most wicked plot twist since issue 25? Yeah, actually it's both. Plus, contributions from Cap creators past and present, including a very special essay by Joe Simon, a classic story from Cap’s Golden Age, a full gallery of 600 Cap covers, and more anniversary shenanigans than you can shake a shield at! New and Reprints/Rated T …$4.99"

So it is a collection of stories... my guess is a shadowy reveal of Steve alive on the last page of the new story.

Hopefully, they'll make this a $7.99 book & then they can raise the price of everything to $7.99. To make it perfect they can use toilet paper for the cover

Tell us how you really feel.

-slym

My LCS is mad that they don't know what they are ordering and as such, don't know how many to order. I know secrecy is important, but dang, give the little guys a bone so they can take care of their customers appropriately.

Plus, Marvel could make more money by printing enough to fill orders, and not have eBay and the secondary market getting all the profits.

-slym