• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I did it: AF 15

66 posts in this topic

Remember this thread from last September?

18 years in the making - ASM collection finished today

I thought it would take some years before I would by the most important Spidey comic to complete the Set: AF 15.

But many of you told me it wouldn't take long and you were right. I bought a nice CGC 1.8 unrestored copy yesterday. I'm happy with it and the grade. Everything else would be too expensive for me. So with only 1 book left for my Web of Spiderman run and 5 books to complete the Spectacular Spiderman run, what's left from Spiderman to collect? (I already have every modern age Spidey series) I think I have to start Marvel Team-Up... hm

I will post a picture of the AF 15 when it has arrived!

Whatever you do, don't go all Kraven on us becuase you've run out of things to do... ;)

Very nice low grade copy, do yourself a favour and crack it out of its shell and enjoy it. (thumbs u

Since I'm not a collector of slabs, I already thought about that. But I'm afraid if I crack it open, I will have a harder time selling it in many years. And I will sell it sometime in the future because I don't want to take all my comics into my grave with me.

Any opinions on that? Does it matter with this grade, if it's still in the sealed holder when selling? (shrug)

Well if you are only looking to sell many years down the line just get it re-slabbed before you decide to part with it.

But the question is, if it's worth it. If I can sell it raw as easy and about the same price as slabbed, then there is no need do re-slab it.

Normally it's no question for me, I always buy raw because I like to read the books and look at the great art. But this book was a big investment for me and because I have a reprint, it's a little harder to decide what to do. :cry:

You'll still have the label if you crack it and, perhaps also, the electronic record of the eBay transaction. I can't imagine a future purchaser imagining fraud or manipulation with what is truly a ready-made reading level book. (shrug)