• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Stolen X-Men Comics 94 and Up in Brooklyn, NY

72 posts in this topic

E-bay doesn't make their sellers include insurance in their shipping. The seller probably charged you everything from gas to the time to drive to the post office but not insurance. All mail is automatically insured up to one hundred dollars so that will probably be all the USPS will give you(Which totally sucks). So I say your best out is to make a dispute with paypal and try to work something out with the seller.

And I feel ya'll on the post man part I think I got the laziest post woman ever. I live on the same street as my parents just on different ends. My mail box is on my porch next to the front door. My parents box is on the side of the street. This woman takes my mail to my parents house because(and this is what this heffa said to me) I'm not walking up those steps to your porch you can go to your momma house and get your mail. First off I hardly go to my parents house and how the hell you to lazy to walk three steps. Many a times I done drove home and seen my packages on the side of the street at my parent house in the rain. I hate that woman with a passion

Beccause you used a credit card and also because you used PayPal, you are covered either way.

Contact PayPal and tell themn that you did not receive the item. It is the sellers responsibility to ensure delivery to you. Not to your doorstep. PayPal will take the money back from the sellers account and put it into your account, most likely. I sold something on Ebay once, that I did not insure and that is what happened to me. It didn't matter to PayPal that I never asked for insurance. It is the sellers responsibility to prove it was delivered to YOU. Not to your doorstep.

At lest that it what PayPal told me when I was the seller in a similar situation. I lost the item and $176.00 plus postage. The buyer had even emailed me that he received the item, but PayPal would not take that into account. What actually happened was that the seller received the item, realized that it had not been insured, and decided to play a little game and get his money back.

That was the only explanation I could come up with since he emailed me that he received the item in good condition (It was a portable police scanner).

Don't take no for an answer. Contact PayPal, them the credit card company, and also the Post Office. Along with Ebay. I don't see how contact with the seller anymore could help. Good luck.

E-bay doesn't make their sellers include insurance in their shipping. The seller probably charged you everything from gas to the time to drive to the post office but not insurance. All mail is automatically insured up to one hundred dollars so that will probably be all the USPS will give you(Which totally sucks). So I say your best out is to make a dispute with paypal and try to work something out with the seller.

mail is NOT automatically insured with the PO for $100... it is only insured if the sender buys insurance... UPS and FedEx have auto $100, but NOT the PO...

so, if this is legit (which I question based on the repetition of the poster) then simply file a Paypal claim you didn't receive and/or file a CC dispute...really as simple as that...

Even if the OP is a silly shill, there's still information that people need to know. I'm consistently shocked that there are so many people simply cannot be bothered to understand how eBay/Paypal/USPS works BEFORE there's a problem.

Scratch that, knowing my generation, and the generations directly in front of and behind me, I'm not surprised at all.

1. All items paid through Paypal $250 and over are REQUIRED to be signed for by the recipient, regardless of the service used (USPS/UPS/FedEx). No signature = auto loss for the seller. It's right there in Paypal's TOS. (this includes ANY transaction where the total including S&H = $250.00 or more)

2. USPS Signature Confirmation is a SPECIFIC service that is NOT required in a transaction, provided the seller gets AT LEAST $200 (the current threshhold) insurance on a package. Any insurance amount $200 or more and the recipient is required to sign for it by the USPS. Said signature may be obtained by the seller for proof of delivery purposes. Insurance (@$100+) is a bit more expensive than Signature Confirmation, but SC does nothing if the item is mangled.

3. For all items UNDER $250, Paypal accepts standard USPS Delivery Confirmation. If the OP's item had been below $250, he would have been SOL.

4. There is absolutely no reason...none...for any seller to NOT include Delivery Confirmation on every single package that leaves them. If you print your shipping through paypal (and it couldn't be easier), DC is FREE for Priority and up, and 18 cents (as opposed to 70/80 cents) for all other services. Why eBay doesn't announce this in large, bold caps before a seller sells an item, I do not know. It would solve a lot of problems (yes, this is not specific to this case, I know.)

5. If you're not willing to lose the money and the item...whether you're the buyer OR the seller...you must get insurance. This is true of both parties, but especially true of the seller. eBay and Paypal are set up so that the burden of DELIVERY is on the seller. If you cannot prove the buyer received the package, you lose. INSURANCE PROTECTS SELLERS. And if you're a buyer, you're a dolt if you just assume someone is going to include insurance. You have to MAKE SURE by....here's a novel thought....COMMUNICATING with your seller.

6. Get a POST OFFICE BOX. You can get a small box for $19/6 months, and all your packages will wait for you there. Granted, this means you'll have to go to the PO every few days or so, but you'll never have a postman "leaving" your package on your doorstep when you're not home to be stolen, rained on, God knows what,.and it even helps when you run across the occasional psychotic (like Dupcak) who might cause problems for you if they have your home address. I got mine 3 years ago, and I'm an idjit (dunno why the correct spelling is spooned) for not getting it sooner.

Follow these guidelines, and you'll almost never have problems like the OP's.

You mean those were your books. doh!

Sorry, they were just laying there on the porch. (shrug)

I sent them in for grading. Will let you know how they come out. :baiting:

Seriously, that sucks.

My crazy mailman leaves my books on my neighbors porch all the time. :frustrated:

My house is a bit off the main road and I guess he hates to walk all the way to my door.