• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CHEW, from Image Comics
1 1

6,765 posts in this topic

wasn't the print run for #1 2nd 1/3 less than the 1st print? In theary, would that make the 2nd rare?

Yep, you've mentioned that a couple of times already in this thread :makepoint:

In the vast majority of cases, when it comes to later printings, rare (eg. lower print run) does not equal desirable. Feel free to bring up the Batman 608 2nd print again, but that's the exception, not the rule.

dang it.. :sorry: you're right. It guess it all depends on the series as whole.

wasn't the print run for #1 2nd 1/3 less than the 1st print? In theary, would that make the 2nd rare?

In the vast majority of cases, when it comes to later printings, rare (eg. lower print run) does not equal desirable. Feel free to bring up the Batman 608 2nd print again, but that's the exception, not the rule.

dang it.. :sorry: you're right. It guess it all depends on the series as whole.

i know everyone keeps ref the Bats 608 but that book also had a different cover which made it more interesting.

Which is why you both should know it was 1/2 (6,000 vs. 3,000, #2 was the 9,000). doh!

My point is that the actual print run is irrelevant - it's a 2nd printing, and hence less-in-demand (thumbs u

Gotta love moderns, this series went from hottest thing since WD to dead in the water all before issue #3 sees the light of day. Can we give it a break and just enjoy the book for what it is, a good read with funky art...

Is $130 for a comic that came out a month and a half ago to now be deemed a price that defines "dead in the water?" hm

I would think the numbers are just coming down closer to where they should have been in the first place...

Gotta love moderns, this series went from hottest thing since WD to dead in the water all before issue #3 sees the light of day. Can we give it a break and just enjoy the book for what it is, a good read with funky art...

I can :) Love this book so far and all of the copies I have I will keep (2 of each one) Probably try and get 1 and 2 SSed. Hopefully this book will keep some value but I doubt it will ever reach WD status.

Is $130 for a comic that came out a month and a half ago to now be deemed a price that defines "dead in the water?" hm

I would think the numbers are just coming down closer to where they should have been in the first place...

I was being a little overdramatic obviously, but some of these posts just seemed so gloom & doomy

So in the last 2 weeks I have been to 7 shops (5 of which are large shops) and one small convention in 3 states. Guess how many copies I have seen of 1 and 2 put together? Counting 2nd prints? Thats right 0. I did see a dealer buy 3 Walking Dead Preview issues though. Dealers were looking to buy no one had any.

This book right now is being exchange among a few buyers right now. If it gets press and I dont have a subscription anymore so I dont know if Wizard will pick up on it or not. If they do expect another bump. The print run is below Walking Dead and Invincible when they started out. Even if only horror and Zombie fans sustain the book sorta like WD then it will be a cult hit and sustain some value.

This book has decent, but odd art and it is pretty well written. Personally I dont care for it, but I can easily see how its a hit. Just because everyone on this board has a copy that wants one doesnt mean the book isnt hard to get. It just means we are smarter then the average bear. Ebay will flood for awhile hell most of us here are selling there. I dont see it going anywhere yet its too well written, but man its weird.

^^

oops, I hate typing on my iphone while driving...

Per Guillory's website:

But, don't panic. On August 5, the first 3 issues of CHEW will be in stores. This is a PERFECT opportunity for new readers to jump on, and for others to catch up. So again, on that date, we'll be releasing:

CHEW #1 Third Printing

CHEW #2 Second Printing

CHEW #3 First Printing

I will wait for the trade paperback. ;)

I'm sorry - I read it and thought it was stupid. Just over the top stupid.

I thought the whole chicken being outlawed thing was over the top. But then I remembered that this is a comic book we are talking about here. What isn't over the top and unbelievable..... especially if you read super hero stuff? This book is just over the top in a different way.