• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Childhood Pics with Comics or Toys!

85 posts in this topic

Yep, best birthday gift I ever got. It was a VG-ish copy and I remember the ridiculous price my parents paid for it...they were gouged for $65 by the only LCS within driving distance (probably 1.5x guide at the time)

If it was the best gift you ever got,

I am sure it was worth it to them.

(thumbs u

Yep, best birthday gift I ever got. It was a VG-ish copy and I remember the ridiculous price my parents paid for it...they were gouged for $65 by the only LCS within driving distance (probably 1.5x guide at the time)

(thumbs u

Very true!

14thBirthday.jpg

Taken on my 14th birthday in 1979...

Awesome! Was the X-Men #1 a birthday gift? Back in those days you could pick one up for about $25.

Its even in a bag with a backer board (thumbs u

(thumbs u

Very true!

Do you still have it?

(thumbs u

Very true!

Do you still have it?

No...sold it and most of my original collection in college to help pay for fraternity dues! :cry:

Here is me from x-mas 1984 with my grandma in the background. I was 4 years old in this photo. This is around the time I started wearing army stuff all the time. Bigass g.i. joe fortress. sweet. wish I'd kept all this kind of stuff. I have very few toys still from when I was little.

IMG_0002-1.jpg[/img]

Hopefully my pic works this time. Beau made my pic work last time of me with my AT-AT walker in x-mas 83.

Sweet. :applause:

I have a picture of me not getting that for Christmas. lol:(

I have a picture of me not getting that for Christmas. :(

Damn Andrew, that is sad :cry:

Here is me from x-mas 1984 with my grandma in the background. I was 4 years old in this photo. This is around the time I started wearing army stuff all the time. Bigass g.i. joe fortress. sweet. wish I'd kept all this kind of stuff. I have very few toys still from when I was little.

IMG_0002-1.jpg[/img]

Hopefully my pic works this time. Beau made my pic work last time of me with my AT-AT walker in x-mas 83.

Sweet. :applause:

I have a picture of me not getting that for Christmas. lol:(

Well thats what you get for asking your mom for a hooker for Christmas (tsk)

I mentioned last night to gladuchka99 that I got an AT-AT for Xmas as well, and today I found the pic!

Obviously, I was a HUGE fan of 'The Dukes of Hazzard"

swxmas1.jpg

If I don't look surprised or overjoyed, it's because I had opened the present with an X-acto knife along the tape a week before (in the dead of night) to see what it was. By this point, I was more concerned with getting it out of the box so I could finally play with it!

Notice I had immediately donned the DoH shirt.

swxmas2.jpg

Who's a good little Imperial Walker? YOU are! That's right!

swxmas3.jpg

With that bassline in "Monster Model Review #32 Modeler Ken Kwilinski", I was hoping for the Dead Kennedys' 'person_without_enough_empathyin Camaro' in that video.

I left disappointed. :P

"Hey Jack, what's happenin'?"

one of the reasons I got into the Star Trek toy/action figure business is because of my lifelong obsession with Star Trek.... here is a picture, over 30 years old, of me as a youngster with my communicator and tricorder (circa mid 1970's)

earlystr.jpg

I didn't know you were such a good actor Rick. You are obviously striking the pose from that episode in the second season called "The Blue Orbs"......where Kirk has just found out there are no women on the planet