• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ASM # 300

22 posts in this topic

Yes. I see enough overhang on the right side of the cover that CGC will not put it in a slab.

ASM 300 is notorious for this, and I've had a few rejected, myself.

You can send it in and try, but don't be disappointed when you get it back unslabbed.

Yes, the corners aren't as sharp as they could be, and the outer edge is a little suspect. It's also always hard to see the tiniest defects on scans, but from what I can see I'd say a 9.4, possibly 9.6, assuming no inner defects. A nice copy. Hope this helps.

I was expecting to possibly hear how the book would only rate 9.4/9.6/inert grade here. I am very surprised to hear that CGC might not grade the book at all. How much overhang would prevent grading?

I have learned a lot recently about things like spine tics that keep a book below 9.4 but I am still fuzzy on the subtle differences between a 9.4 and a 9.8.

There should be no internal defects. I am the original owner. I bought five of these at the comic store and only read one of them very carefully before it went into the bag with the backing board.

Thanks for the feedback.

From experince sending in this book. I have found CGC grades this book extermely hard I sent in a copy that five dealers said should get a 9.6 and it came back a 9.2 I've heard others say they had simular cases with this book. My advice to you is if you want a specific grade in this book for me 9.6 just buy the book already graded ..

I've had no issues with a difference in grading.

The problem you're having probably has to do with the black back cover, as it's hard to find a copy of this book without at least the lightest of a fingerprint. CGC will hammer the hell out of the grade if there's a fingerprint.

I've had no issues with a difference in grading.

The problem you're having probably has to do with the black back cover, as it's hard to find a copy of this book without at least the lightest of a fingerprint. CGC will hammer the hell out of the grade if there's a fingerprint.

I sent in 4 copies and never got a 9.6 I got three 9.4's and 1 9.2 so I just bought a 9.6 so like i said in my oppionion I wouldn't Take a chance on this book based on just the scan. I would go to a show where CGC is and let them give you a guesstimate lol

I am more concerned with selling the five copies I have than getting a specific grade. I am hopeful that they will grade well because I bought them when the book came out and only read one of them. With that being said I am concerned that minor flaws will impact the grades,