• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

completing stories

83 posts in this topic

Just stumbled upon this thread and feel the need to add to it. It deserves a bump.

I'm looking for the pages from Howard the Duck #9 -- the original series comic, not the later B&W magazine. (Colan/Leialoha and Gerber)

I have 4 interior pages and would love to track down the rest.

Actually, I know who has the cover and 1st page splash, and I know of another collector who has a stellar interior splash... but neither of them are looking to sell any time soon.

But that leaves a whole bunch interior pages that are unaccounted for.

Anyone? Leads? Clues? Wild duck goose chases?

:wishluck:

Just added another interior page from this book to my collection. That makes 5 down, 12 to go (plus the cover). (The cover, 1st page splash, and another interior splash are still locked up solid in private collections and are unlikely to come up for sale in the foreseeable future.)

If you hear of anyone who has pages from Howard the Duck #9 (Colan/Leialoha), let me know!

Cheers

Andrew

I am still looking for 3 pages from Uncanny X-Men #308.

I currently have 14 interior pages by Byrne/Austin, missing 16 interiors and one cover more by Byrne and 4 pages by Guice (published flashback).

I am actively looking for pages to two stories from Creepy magazine that were done back in the 60s/70s.

One is "Relic" by Carmine Infantino and inked by John Severin. It is about a

robot baseball player. If I remember correctly, it is from Creepy #84.

The other is "The Cask of Amontillado" by Reed Crandall, story by Edgar Allan Poe.

I haven't seen a batgirl special page in years. Only ones on CAF, I have. They are in a pile of pages somewhere.

I am actively looking for pages to two stories from Creepy magazine that were done back in the 60s/70s.

One is "Relic" by Carmine Infantino and inked by John Severin. It is about a

robot baseball player. If I remember correctly, it is from Creepy #84.

The other is "The Cask of Amontillado" by Reed Crandall, story by Edgar Allan Poe.

"Cask of Amontillado" was a superb adaptation by Crandall (Goodwin -script?). Haven't read the Warren book in which it features in ages (it's somewhere around her, but not readily at hand), but I can still visualize the images - which are unforgettable. Excellent stuff. (thumbs u

Good luck with the quest. :wishluck:

Star Wars issue 17 (Marvel series) -> 6 pages so far

Secret Wars issue 8 -> 2 pages so far

The Amazing Spider-Man issue 252 -> 1 page so far

The Amazing Spider-Man issue 539 -> (first printing) cover + 13 pages so far

Web of Spider-Man issue 1 -> 2 pages so far

I already have the complete interior sets of :

Star Wars issue 83 (Marvel series)

Peter Parker, The Spectacular Spider-Man issue 113

Web of Spider-Man issue 11

I would LOVE to get hold of the COVERS of those 3 issues ...

... if you have ANY original art (or know someone who has) from the above mentioned comics, please contact me ...

... keep 'em coming!!!

I have 24 of the 40 pages from New Mutants Annual #4 and 14 of the 28 pages from Marvel Battlebooks: Citizen V. In the case of New Mutants Annual #4 i've bought everything from June Brigman and Bob McLeod and have been working on it for 15 years. ANYONE see these pages let me know.

New Mutants Annual #4

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryRoom.asp?GSub=69520

Marvel Battlebooks: Citizen V

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryRoom.asp?GSub=75947

I've been putting together as many pages as I can find/get from the 1980's Pacific Comics 6 issue mini-series Elric (of Melnibone) with art by P. Craig Russell and Michael T. Gilbert with a few additional pages added for the First Comics hardcover collection. Of the 162 possible pieces (incl. covers, pin-ups) I'm currently at 28 pages.

So, let me ask the hive-mind. Do you have any tips for finding pages? I am still looking for pages from New Mutants Annual #4 and have bought everything that both the penciller (June Brigman) and the inker (Bob McLeod) had. Anyone have any tips or advice on uncovering additional pages?

So, let me ask the hive-mind. Do you have any tips for finding pages?

I host a limited number of 'WANTED' pages in my CAF gallery. Fill the description and the file name up with keywords.

(Generally, CAF policy is to discourage WANTED pages; its supposed to be a place to share first and foremost. Hence I try to limit the number of pages devoted to my wants.)

Mind you, it hasn't worked much for me yet, but the pages get a lot of hits. So people are apparently aware.

Andrew

I see there's a CAF'er named Andrew Gancsos looking for "any original pages from Cancelled Comic Cavalcade's Vixen comic." I've got 5 pages that I'll let go for the right price. If you see him, tell him to check his email.

I've been looking for just the COVER to Vixen #1 (1978) if anyone has it...

Have succeeded in assembling 21 out of 23 pages from MICRONAUTS #11 as published by Image Comics in 2003:

The ONLY TWO pages I need are pages 6 and 18 - both Baron Karza pages, of course.

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=827590&GSub=117052

Here's the rest of the book:

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryRoom.asp?Order=Title&GSub=115799

Any help on landing a line on these two lovelies would be appreciated!

Andrew