• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Two Year Quest Completed…Watchmen 9.8 SS set

21 posts in this topic

I joined the CGC boards a little more than two years ago, which, unfortunately, was a couple weeks too late for the first Dave Gibbons signing at the ’07 Bristol International. Reading the month-old GOTHAMCENTRAL thread that asked for Bristol submissions began a perilous quest to complete an entire Signature Series set of Watchmen in 9.8 condition. I am happy to finally say that the journey ended yesterday afternoon when I received the two books missing from my collection. Here’s a group shot:

watchmenset.jpg

I write this thread to thank the board and the boardmembers who helped me along the way! In alphabetical order: AlexH, cd4ever, comicdey, EvilAsh, GOTHAMCENTRAL, MutantKeys, Rich_Henn, and topnotchman. All but one of the four Dave Gibbons signings attended by witnesses are represented: Bristol ’07 (#6, #7, & #9), NYCC ’09 (#2, #4, #5, #8, #10, #11, & #12) and Bristol ’09 (#1 & #3).

Of course, I don’t consider this set absolutely complete. If the possibility of an Alan Moore signing comes to pass and I’m able to get at least one book in, I’d die a happy man. However, consider me content for the time being. :grin:

The focus and determination of some collectors amazes me!!!

I cant focus from day to day much less the time and effort put into this set!!!

Way to go!!

Congrats, I am impressed!!!

:cry: It's beautiful! :applause:

When I saw it in the registry I had a moment of jealousy. I decided to shoot for the same thing about 6 months ago (way behind you!) and still have quite a way to go. For a moment I considered throwing the towel in, but it passed. I still want one just like that :grin:

Now get Beyonder (it is he is it not?) to make a custom frame to house them all and display proudly!

Congrats...always cool to finish an SS run! (thumbs u