• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

POLL: If you were a billionaire, would you drastically overpay for a slab?

If you were a billionaire, would you pay $15,000 for a rare high grade slab you truly felt was only worth $3,000 but you still really wanted it?  

384 members have voted

1. 1. If you were a billionaire, would you pay $15,000 for a rare high grade slab you truly felt was only worth $3,000 but you still really wanted it?

107 posts in this topic

Apparently, Ebay member pastimperfekt is a millionare and still not happy.

Why would you think that?

http://toolhaus.org/cgi-bin/negs?User=pastimperfekt&Dirn=Left+by&ref=home

I'll give him the benefit of the doubt on those that aren't packed good. Maybe he is happy, maybe this is what makes him happy. I don't know, I'm just reaching. Regardless, the guy dropped a $100.00 on a Incredible CGC 9.8 Hulk 106 (3rd Series, 3rd print) so it appears he's willing to spend the dough and it appears he has the funds to do it. Some do, some don't.

Money can't buy happiness but it sure can buy a lot of comics. ^^

Especially raw ones (thumbs u

Money can't buy happiness but it sure can buy a lot of comics. ^^

I don't want to buy happiness, I just want to rent it for half an hour (thumbs u

But what if it was YOU that was the billionaire.

Would you intentionally overpay just because you REALLY REALLY wanted it?

C'mon, think like a billionaire...

If I were a billionaire I wouldn't overpay for something just because I REALLY REALLY wanted it.

However, what I would do is have one of my many flunkies on my payroll to overpay for it for me just because I REALLY REALLY wanted it. :makepoint:

The only way to "overpay" for anything is if an identical item is for sale at the same time for less. If such a condition does not exist, or is not likely to exist in the near future, then, by definition, one cannot "overpay" for anything. The only limitation then becomes the price of desire.

The only way to "overpay" for anything is if an identical item is for sale at the same time for less. If such a condition does not exist, or is not likely to exist in the near future, then, by definition, one cannot "overpay" for anything. The only limitation then becomes the price of desire.

I like the way you think! :devil:

No way would I spend more than what a comic is worth.I bet you would be surprised that most rich people are very frugal with their money,how do you think they got so rich? (shrug)

first generation guys who made it = frugal

2nd generation often not so frugal = rehab clinic

Exactly. This is very true. The pattern is typically rags to riches to rags within two or at most three generations.

I wouldn't over pay......but I would sure enjoy trying to buy as much as I could and remain anonymous. Maybe start by buying what ever the Dentist has left.....if anything. I have a friend who has an Action 1......but he wants really REALLY alot for it

http://toolhaus.org/cgi-bin/negs?User=pastimperfekt&Dirn=Left+by&ref=home

I'll give him the benefit of the doubt on those that aren't packed good. Maybe he is happy, maybe this is what makes him happy. I don't know, I'm just reaching. Regardless, the guy dropped a $100.00 on a Incredible CGC 9.8 Hulk 106 (3rd Series, 3rd print) so it appears he's willing to spend the dough and it appears he has the funds to do it. Some do, some don't.

He's a board member here and I've sold him a few books. Never had a single problem.

We've discussed him in the past. Some people don't take kindly to his packaging instructions but I never got any and never had an issue so I guess he's a bit harsh on people who don't know what they are doing...or mess up.

I wouldn't hesitate to deal with him.

If my last name was Gates and my first was Bill I would do 1st AND 3rd option! (thumbs u

Forget that. You're Bill Gates. You can get crackvirgins if you wanted to.

Its good to be Gates! :takeit:

I'd buy all kinds of stupid mess if I was billionaire. Having that kind of money means you don't have to worry about price.

Spoons everywhere....spoons everywhere!!!!!

80922.jpg.197cc79ef696048f8cb394724b8edd95.jpg

80923.jpg.840b80f4a707b7f96138458f41e8cba9.jpg

80924.jpg.f315a74f0ae84603cc55dbefa631c501.jpg

Actually, I'm very happy.

I don't know why leaving a negative on ebay would indicate I'm not happy???

I don't leave negatives with any personal animus, its purely business. Basically I leave negatives on ebay for two reasons: 1) the seller mailed the CGC in an envelope or in such a way that it would be impossible for the CGC to survive (in other words, completely irresponsibly) or 2) the seller did something dishonest.

First, I send this type of seller an e-mail telling him I'm going to leave him a negative. Then I ask him to block me from ever bidding on any auction of theirs ever again. The seller, being the type of person he (or her) is, almost always sends me back a e-mail telling me what a ***** of **** I am, how it is all my fault in some way, and how he (or she) will take great pleasure blocking me.

In other words, I get exactly what I want.

I never have to worry about even accidentally dealing with some clown again.

Any seller who makes even a minimal effort to protect a CGC has nothing to worry about from me. Any seller who goes beyond the call of duty has me as a loyal customer.

On the other hand, any person who obsesses over how much some one else wastes on their hobby has issues all their own and needs therapy.

Gotta go now. I have to leave negatives for this ******* who didn't mail me seven cgcs for over a month, shipped them all basically unpadded in a box no bigger than the CGCs themselves (they were all broken) and is basically a completely dishonest **** because 2 of the CGCs have tape on their breaks (meaning he sold them broken without even mentioning it, i.e dishonesty).

lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol