• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT: Anyone know how to reach CAP Freak?

878 posts in this topic

How did you find your way out of the WaterCooler?

Many times, in special circumstances, the moderators (mostly arch) will ask me to step into a thread outside of the WC in order to bring a since of perspective and balance.

He is wise, that Arch. With you here I now see that Cap_Freak could be much, much worse.

Junk, am I getting this right? You wanted a cash refund but are getting a book you no longer want instead?

If so, do you 'owe' more money on the book?

Junk, am I getting this right? You wanted a cash refund but are getting a book you no longer want instead?

yeah, well i still want the book and after nothing from him at all for over two weeks i just filed a dispute to get my money back, sent a pm asking to cancel the deal and a few days after bosco started this thread i get a pm response stating that the book is shipped. So, yeah, thats how it went.

my only concern is, if i accept the book and pay the remaining on it, he would have to pay everyone back with no control if he does or not. it's almost like, if i take the book and pay it off, everyone hopefully would get their money back, however if i don't take the book, no one will get any money at all.

would someone who is more literate than me advise if this would qualify as a catch-22?

j

yeah, well i still want the book and after nothing from him at all for over two weeks i just filed a dispute to get my money back, sent a pm asking to cancel the deal and a few days after bosco started this thread i get a pm response stating that the book is shipped. So, yeah, thats how it went.

my only concern is, if i accept the book and pay the remaining on it, he would have to pay everyone back with no control if he does or not. it's almost like, if i take the book and pay it off, everyone hopefully would get their money back, however if i don't take the book, no one will get any money at all.

would someone who is more literate than me advise if this would qualify as a catch-22?

j

J, it is the reason I took this to Comics General, even though originally I held back.

If Connor was to continue playing games, he now has such a large Scarlet Letter branded on him, he would never want to show up at another comic show, he now has the police involved, and he would run the risk of losing any friends he made on here.

His best bet - and even for a kid playing around on here he would realize better - is to resolve this, and resolve it fast.

That's what folks didn't realize that jumped on here initially trying to get involved to save Connor's reputation. It took this level of attention to get the right focus and action. Well, we'll see about action as now he has to answer to the police and I am assuming that means every buyer will be made whole.

:wishluck:

I don't own a clown suit, and your attempt at mimicking my humor was fail. F-. Sorry, hon. :(

You should PM Greggy. He's probably got a few extra clown suits lying around. ;)

:gossip: That's not a clown suit.

:eek:

It's a multi-functional, high-tech, body-armor Parka (technically a fleece jacket).

When combined with his time-travel/teleportation hat-device, he is a force to be

reckoned with. :gossip:

greggy-super-hat.jpg

Here he is seen in his weapon room.

Ah yes,...................."The Dork-Cave".

That's his bed-room. Scene of many a long...nap, I think he calls it? meh

is that the first time any females have seen the inside of the room , excluding his mother?

Junk, the decision about other people's money is not yours to make, no offence to the other people who've been burned by the way.

It's CAPFreak's predicament, not yours! If you do not want the book I think you'd be well within your rights to send it straight back and request your money back. I can't believe you'll now be in a position to owe him money doh!

I'm sure everyone will agree it's not your place to be bailing him out of his own self-made messes.

Junk, the decision about other people's money is not yours to make, no offence to the other people who've been burned by the way.

It's CAPFreak's predicament, not yours! If you do not want the book I think you'd be well within your rights to send it straight back and request your money back. I can't believe you'll now be in a position to owe him money doh!

I'm sure everyone will agree it's not your place to be bailing him out of his own self-made messes.

+1 Let the kid figure out his own dilemma of where he is going to get the money he owes. It is not for J to cover refunds that Connor should be able to handle himself and IF he didn't spend the money already.

Exactly, that's why I asked the question I did of Connor last night.

When I took management training, there was this great must read book, about not letting someone else take the monkey off THEIR back, and putting it on your's.

This monkey belongs to Connor, he needs to care for it.

and while I appreciate the attempts at humor here, I'd not appreciate a zillion monkey pictures, I'm trying to be logical...(yes, I know, it's tough;) :busy:

+1 Let the kid figure out his own dilemma of where he is going to get the money he owes. It is not for J to cover refunds that Connor should be able to handle himself and IF he didn't spend the money already.

+2 I'd consider sending it back. No point in you having to cover for his mistakes. (shrug)

Exactly, that's why I asked the question I did of Connor last night.

When I took management training, there was this great must read book, about not letting someone else take the monkey off THEIR back, and putting it on your's.

This monkey belongs to Connor, he needs to care for it.

and while I appreciate the attempts at humor here, I'd not appreciate a zillion monkey pictures, I'm trying to be logical...(yes, I know, it's tough;) :busy:

Even cute ones?

funny-dog-pictures-need-to-get-monkey-off-back.jpg

i'm not trying to bail him out (i'm all for the whole you got to learn the hard way) but this is the quickest way to resolve the issue and see something out of it (the book). I'd much rather have some type of mediator to disburse the money to the others that it is owed to instead of giving it to him directly and hoping that he does the right thing.

He has already done damage to his own name and it looks like it's not over either (punishment wise) with the final end result of the majority and what they pass down. The cops can be involved, they would, on a uneventful day stop at his house and talk to a parent or whoever is home. May possibly pay some type of restitution and be done in a few months.

I don't want to be the link in everyone getting their money back but i also want to be done with this and make sure that he doesn't pull a stunt like this again on a unsuspecting boardie (why oh why couldn't the muscleshark incident happen a week sooner?).

The worst of all, even though i got screwed, he didn't even buy me dinner.

j

Thanks. Can anyone else confirm receipt of PM's from Connor indicating his "plan"?

I didn't get a PM.

That's what I thought.

Junkenstein99...can you do me a favor and PM me or post in here when you receive your book? Let me know if you get an empty package or some mangled mess instead of the book you were expecting.

I come to this forum to escape a little bit from the daily grind and enjoy myself. I find most of what goes on in here either informative, or at least entertaining to one degree or another (even the petty squabbles that flare up on occasion). However, I spent 8 years on the force dealing with kids like this who think they don't have to respect any kind of authority or moral standards. That attitude would often change once the metal met the wrists.

I didn't want to have to get involved to this level, but Connor has really pissed me off with this whole situation. This kind of flippant attitude he's displayed just never sat well with me. I have talked to one of the victims who has agreed to press formal charges if they don't get a full and quick refund of the money owed to them. The charges would be theft and the use of a computer to commit a crime over state lines. The theft charge would be minor considering the amount involved. However, the use of a computer to commit a crime over state lines would not be. It could potentially land him time in a juvenile detention facility and would most definitely carry a hefty fine, which his parents would be responsible for paying.

Connor...once the charges are filed, they will pick you up. Since you're a minor, one of your parents will have to come in with you for your questioning. Your parents will most likely want to have their lawyer present as well. After this, since you are unquestionably guilty, they will book you, fingerprint you, and put you into the system to start the legal proceedings.

Connor, I would strongly urge you to step up to the plate here and make things right very quickly. I'm now making this a personal challenge for myself to get these people back every single penny you stole from them. And believe me, it will happen, voluntarily or not. You need to deal with me directly now...either here on this thread or via PM if you prefer. I want to know who you're paying, the amount of the payment, when the payment is going to be sent, and when you actually send it. I will then relay this information to the victims. If this does not happen, the charges will be filed and we'll let the legal system straighten you out.

You really, really, really, really do not want this to happen.

Once you are in the system, there's no way out and it will haunt you for a long time unless you go through the process of having it expunged at a future date. Which is still a huge pain in the tuchus.

And no, I am not speaking from personal experience, just anecdotal

The worst of all, even though i got screwed, he didn't even buy me dinner.

There's that sense of humor to ride the crazy wave we call "Hurricane Connor."

What, were you expecting a gift or something?

3694.jpg