• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HBD Cap Freak!

144 posts in this topic

I am not sure but, I think there was an episode where kids took over the town, having some evil kids among them, or it could have been based on the children of the corn movie too...

Read that book as a kid, hellava lot scarier than the TV series.

Same here, it was the second Stephen King book I read after Christine. Awesome stuff.

I didn't like IT much. King has always been hit or miss for me. I loved The Dark Tower, but the 2nd and 3rd books in the series were just pretty good, and I stopped reading them altogether after the absolutely wretched Wolves of the Calla. I also liked Salem's Lot, but I thought The Stand was way overrated. King can be a really compelling author, but I feel like he rushes things a lot of the time.

I definitely didn't think The Stand was or is overrated, I think it's really good, I enjoyed it very much. The movie was kind of wierd though, I think they casted (Spelling)Molley Wringwall..I think..

I've read up on the "Rage" story, scary how true a lot of it has become. My favorite of the bunch was "The Long Walk" though.

Was that the story where once kids turned a certain age they had to take some trek or they would be eradicated? It has been a long time since I read this.

It was voluntary, and almost like winning the lottery if you were one of the 100 kids chosen to participate. There's a 99% chance you'll die, but if you're the last kid walking...

You get a million dollars and The Wish.

Any wish you desire is fulfilled.

I have read every King book from Carrie to the Dark Tower.

My faves were The Stand, 'Salems Lot, Insomnia, It, and The Talisman (with Peter Straub)

I always enjoyed how he cross referenced Flagg and different books

I also liked the Bachman Books, the best being The Long Walk and The Running Man. Thinner was ok as well.

My all-time favourites are probably Christine, It, 'Salems Lot, The Shining and The Stand.

I'd throw in the Four Past Midnight as well, some great stories in there.

My least favourite is probably Rose Madder.

My faves were The Stand, 'Salems Lot, Insomnia, It, and The Talisman (with Peter Straub)

Insomnia. Great book, bittersweet ending, ties in very heavily with the Dark Tower series. (thumbs u

Definitely underrated.

The Talisman (with Peter Straub)

:cloud9:

I always loved the character Wolf. When he breaks the kids hands for hurting "the herd."

I had heard this was going to be made into a TV mini series this year. I would hope it is done right. And I guess in the second book there are many tie-ins to the Dark Tower series.

How is it possible that nobody mentioned Pet Cemetary, I read it in Spanish! I remember I couldn't go to sleep because I was afraid but, I couldn't tell my mom, or anybody for that matter, because I didn't want anybody to know I was scared from reading...I would have never heard the end of it..

The Talisman (with Peter Straub)

:cloud9:

I always loved the character Wolf. When he breaks the kids hands for hurting "the herd."

I had heard this was going to be made into a TV mini series this year. I would hope it is done right. And I guess in the second book there are many tie-ins to the Dark Tower series.

A great many of his books do when you think about it, going all the way back to The Stand, Insomnia, The Talisman, It, and a couple others I would have to go back and verify.

He also cross references his own books (Cujo and Dead Zone are an example)

How is it possible that nobody mentioned Pet Cemetary, I read it in Spanish! I remember I couldn't go to sleep because I was afraid but, I couldn't tell my mom, or anybody for that matter, because I didn't want anybody to know I was scared from reading...I would have never heard the end of it..

Why do you think your mom looked at you weird when she had to change your sheets? The "sorry, dropped a glass of water on my bed" excuse wasn't cutting it EVERY night. :insane:

Dead Zone

Now THAT is a story that really moved me. Finding out only you can make a difference to save the world, and unfortunately if you told anyone they would think you're crazy.

What a story!

Why do you think your mom looked at you weird when she had to change your sheets? The "sorry, dropped a glass of water on my bed" excuse wasn't cutting it EVERY night. :insane:

The whole freakin room smelled of Ammonia, I always thought I sweated a lot but, when it was leaking off of the bed, I couldn't pull my "I'm only 22" card....

The only King book I ever read was The Stand. It was a page-turner alright. Good entertainment, but too... 'vanilla' for my usual tastes.

I tell a lie. I also read some fantasy book he wrote. Something about a dragon? ::googles:: OK, 'Eyes of the Dragon' it was.

Not my cup of tea, but my Mum read just about everything he ever wrote.

BTW, HBD CF :grin:

Dead Zone

Now THAT is a story that really moved me. Finding out only you can make a difference to save the world, and unfortunately if you told anyone they would think you're crazy.

What a story!

You're crazy! B A N A N A S bananas ! :banana:

The only King book I ever read was The Stand. It was a page-turner alright. Good entertainment, but too... 'vanilla' for my usual tastes.

I tell a lie. I also read some fantasy book he wrote. Something about a dragon? ::googles:: OK, 'Eyes of the Dragon' it was.

You didn't like Eyes of the Dragon? :whatev:

What presents do you think Connor got for his Birthday?

:juggle:

I could wile away the hours

Conferrin' with the flowers

Consultin' with the rain

And my head I'd be scratchin'

While my thoughts were busy hatchin'

If I only had a .....

Fill in the blank ;)

You didn't like Eyes of the Dragon? :whatev:

I don't really remember. I liked it well enough. It was a long time ago and I picked it up when there was no other reading material available. It was good enough that I read it through. All I remember is something about a guy in a tower taking years to weave a rope out of threads from the edges of napkins.