• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Some MIRACLEMAN questions.

33 posts in this topic

If we focus just on comics (so no fanzines or memorabilia) my top 10 rarities would be as folllows -

2. Marvel Super Heroes 388 <20

3. Marvel Super Heroes 387 <30

6. Daredevils 7 <100

Well, if you're counting, I have two each of Marvel Super Heroes 388 and 387 and one of Daredevils 7. I will say I think Daredevils 7 is probably more abundant than just 100 copies or so. I just saw one go by on eBay the other day and I don't even search for it. Also, I'm pretty sure the 4ColorHeroes Alan Moore store has a Daredevils 7 up for sale now. Of course, maybe there are only 97 others!

We're talking about the British version of Marvel Super Heroes -- so I highly doubt the print runs were in the 100,000s. I assume you're referring to the US versions?

Also, I stand corrected, the Daredevils 7 is not in stock at the site I mentioned earlier.

Back when these Marvels were printed, the print runs were in the 100,000's, so I find this hard to accept.

I'm talking about the long running Marvel UK weekly not the US version. I've no idea what the print run was but I expect it to be a lot less than 100,000.

Additionally Marvel UK titles have been long uncollected and very few were saved. High grade copies are very rare.

Both MSH and Daredevils were cancelled due to low sales too.

MSH 387 - is the first ever mention of the name "Miracleman"

MSH 388 - you see his tombstone

Daredevils 7 - you 1st see Miracleman (and Young Miracleman)

Maybe I'm on the low side - but reletive to any US titles they're certainly not abundant.

We're talking about the British version of Marvel Super Heroes -- so I highly doubt the print runs were in the 100,000s. I assume you're referring to the US versions?

Also, I stand corrected, the Daredevils 7 is not in stock at the site I mentioned earlier.

That makes more sense, then.

This has been a very informative thread. Great work. Thanks!
As the guy who started this thread, NO PROB! I have two questions, what is the ONE issue ( From the Eclipse run) I absolutely MUST have in my collection? & how rare is the TOTAL ECLIPSE mini-series? And is it true that Neil Gaiman did his first Miracleman story in that series (Total Eclipse)?

Yes, Gaiman's first MM story is in Total Eclipse #4.

Total Eclipse, with the possible exception of the first 8 issues of the series, are perhaps the easiest books to get a hold of. Very common.

But how hard are they to find in HIGH grade? every issue I've come across is beat up!

Yes, Gaiman's first MM story is in Total Eclipse #4.

Total Eclipse, with the possible exception of the first 8 issues of the series, are perhaps the easiest books to get a hold of. Very common.

But how hard are they to find in HIGH grade? every issue I've come across is beat up!

#1 is probably relatively easy... the rest is actually pretty difficult. (It was a five issue mini-series from 1989-1989.)

Here's an article on it by Beau Smith:

http://www.comicsbulletin.com/busted/123345573790747.htm

Total Eclipse is a strange series but is a genuine MM collectable and is actually very hard to get in high grade - as no-one collects it. No.4 was indeed Gaiman's 1st issue, "The Screaming".

Here's an ad for it....

aug034.jpg

And a rare South American variant with new cover...

eb5b_1.jpg

Total Eclipse is a strange series but is a genuine MM collectable and is actually very hard to get in high grade - as no-one collects it. No.4 was indeed Gaiman's 1st issue, "The Screaming".

Here's an ad for it....

aug034.jpg

And a rare South American variant with new cover...

eb5b_1.jpg

What's with the guy in the ''Thriller'' outfit with the big V across his chest?