• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chew 9.9 or 10.0?

340 posts in this topic

Thanks Chris, and a Bababooey to you all!

really? does anyone care about stern anymore?

j

He gets me through the day since I am on the road most of the day. He is better then ever on Sirius.

i got sirius/xm and the only talk i listen to is the jason ellis show on faction on my drive home.

j

Imho, the boat has sailed for the people who wanted to capitalize on the Chew #1 CGC 9.8 hype - the last bunch of sales have all been for $80-90 which, considering that a raw #1 still fetches a decent price & everybody's been fast-tracking or onsite-grading this book, brings it down into "it's not worth it to get this slabbed"-territory.

Time to put those suckers in storage & cross one's fingers that Chew lasts more than a dozen issues.

With all of the popularity. I don't see why they wouldn't make it past the 12th issue. Now, if you could stop them from making 2nd and third printings, we would be fine. But..look at Bone...mass pritings after the first couple of issues..but it didn't catch up until almost ten years later. :preach:

talking with the owner of my lcs, who is a fan/collector first, owner second, did mention that for an image title the first print runs were normal to above average in sales for an image book, so based on the spec and popularity of the book right now, it will probably run it's course as projected now.

i like it and i'm looking forward to the title for a while.

j