• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chew 9.9 or 10.0?

340 posts in this topic

I'd bet $100 that was the seller of the book. I mentioned in our little back-and-forth that people on all the big comic chat boards I belong to are talking about this, and their reply was "Which ones, I'd like to see that!" I then get a second, un-solicited response saying "Oh, don't think I don't read those boards, slym2none. " Because I don't use slym as my eBay name, they thought this would rattle me. They were wrong. Also, I don't think they read these boards up until I said that, as his first response sure made it sound like he had no idea his auction was being talked about.

I never accused him of anything, just made my opinion known that it just seems shady to use a badly manipulated image of a CGC slab.

Their response? "Thank god you are in the minority."

doh!

-slym

He ended the listing...

lol

Check out this blurb:

Note: The image was taken down to settle the stomach of an irritated comic lover. I don't want you for one second to think this book doesn't exist. It does. It's the only one that has graded 9.9 so far and I'll have it in my grubby little mits in a few days.

A scan will be provided on request. Or I'll put it up when I get the actual comic.. Geesh...

-slym (affecting the world, one auction at a time) (Infecting???) hm

He ended the listing...

lol

Check out this blurb:

Note: The image was taken down to settle the stomach of an irritated comic lover. I don't want you for one second to think this book doesn't exist. It does. It's the only one that has graded 9.9 so far and I'll have it in my grubby little mits in a few days.

A scan will be provided on request. Or I'll put it up when I get the actual comic.. Geesh...

-slym

:roflmao:

slym calling him out on it.

j

I'd bet $100 that was the seller of the book. I mentioned in our little back-and-forth that people on all the big comic chat boards I belong to are talking about this, and their reply was "Which ones, I'd like to see that!" I then get a second, un-solicited response saying "Oh, don't think I don't read those boards, slym2none."

You didn't hear about THAT website, Slym?

http://www.slym2nonehatescomicsellersandvaliantcomics.com/

I'd bet $100 that was the seller of the book. I mentioned in our little back-and-forth that people on all the big comic chat boards I belong to are talking about this, and their reply was "Which ones, I'd like to see that!" I then get a second, un-solicited response saying "Oh, don't think I don't read those boards, slym2none."

You didn't hear about THAT website, Slym?

http://www.slym2nonehatescomicsellersandvaliantcomics.com/

:cry:

-slym

He'll un-bunch his panties and re-list it later.

At this point, I'm almost totally sure he has this book coming to him, and I'm glad he's waiting until he gets a pic of the actual slab to list it.

:D

-slym

don't look at it then.

I won't anymore.

Don't lower the price, BTW - it won't sell that way and you'll waste more money and we'll have more of a laugh at your expense.

(thumbs u

-slym (won't forget)

don't look at it then.

I won't anymore.

Don't lower the price, BTW - it won't sell that way and you'll waste more money and we'll have more of a laugh at your expense.

(thumbs u

-slym (won't forget)

Oh no, slym...remember, Pinky's NOT the seller, it's that other joker. Pinky was just coming to the aid of the seller. And Pinky's TOTALLY not a shill.

:blahblah:

don't look at it then.

I won't anymore.

(thumbs u

-slym (won't forget)

Oh no, slym...remember, Pinky's NOT the seller, it's that other joker. Pinky was just coming to the aid of the seller. And Pinky's TOTALLY not a shill.

:blahblah:

Ohhhhhh, silly me. Thanks for clarifying.

smiley_thumbsdown.gif

sFun_crazypilot.gif