• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Monumental Collectibles - what happened?

27 posts in this topic

Maybe some of you can help me. I recently won two CGC'd X-men from Monumental Collectibles. I was going to send payment the other day and realized that they have been suspended from eBay. I realize that eBay can suspend you for serious reasons but also for simple things like overdue bills. I have written them twice - once yesterday and once today; they have not responded. I have dealth with them in the past but I do not want to send payment until I get a response. I have always considered them a legitimate, reputable company and thier eBay rating is excellent but I have an uneasy feeling since I have not heard from them. Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks

Tom

Auction 1

Auction 2

Send the payment and don't worry. I spoke to Tom today. He told me that he is fighting with ebay because they suspended him for "breaking rules" he clearly did not break. I know Tom personally and he is one of the "straightest shooters" in our hobby. I would not put my reputation on the line if this were not so.

and just who are wizard's advisors? Where do they get their pricing information? I've never run across anyone who hyped themselves up as an advisor to Wizard. Very confusing. Makes me think they just make it up or somehing....

Yeah, Jiggly Boobulon 1/2 Chromium Edition is $405! That's the ticket.

Sborock -

Thanks for the information, I appreciate it. I figured it was something stupid with eBay - although, I think it would still be good business and courteous for Monumental to reply to my email inquiries.

Thanks again

Tom

Today, another straight-shooter bakerfan from Seattle, WA area had all his orig comic art ads cancelled by eBay by INadvertently breaking their rule about promoting POTENTIAL future off-eBay (private) orig art sales in his eBay ads. He plans to edit the wording in his ads & resubmit them soon.

Man, but doesn't Wizard suck? I can't believe they actually put a "price guide" for CGC comics in this newest issue. What a load. That's a real good way to put a real crimp in otherwise fantastic Ebay prospects.

I'd complete this thought and maybe fill in the gaps, but I'm actually IN CLASS as we speak. How cool is that? Not to mention that I just got done reading Marvel's online offerings... or offals... right here in class. Kinda the update on the old "comic book inside the textbook" scheme. Ah, technology. Most days you empty your bladder on me, but sometimes, just sometimes, I pee just a little too.

And no, this isn't Clown College. The Clown College closed down after the horrible "squirting flower" incident.