• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

There's an easy fix for that, everyone come to the Mid-Ohio Con in November and I'll take everyone out to get hammered, except for Doc Watson who only drinks milk and soy based products.

You buying? If so, that's mighty tempting... (thumbs u

Jim

Only if you bring that hot G4 gal licking that apple product along with you!

If I had her here with me, I wouldn't be leaving the house... :devil:

Jim

No, I extended him a courtesy that is about to expire.

I just received paypal payment.

:acclaim:

and I know it muist have been frustrating, but kudos to you, for giving the person time and allowing them to make good...you deserve credit for being kind! (worship)

There's an easy fix for that, everyone come to the Mid-Ohio Con in November and I'll take everyone out to get hammered, except for Doc Watson who only drinks milk and soy based products.

You buying? If so, that's mighty tempting... (thumbs u

Jim

Only if you bring that hot G4 gal licking that apple product along with you!

If I had her here with me, I wouldn't be leaving the house... :devil:

Jim

Don't blame ya, although I always did like Morgan Webb better. And did you know that Howard Stern's fiance was a host on G4 a few years ago?

and I know it muist have been frustrating, but kudos to you, for giving the person time and allowing them to make good...you deserve credit for being kind! (worship)

Stick to one color :makepoint: Pink or Purple .. you must choose one :sumo:

The selling forum is different. I am not debating whether one should do this or that on eBay, but we are not strangers to one another here. The selling forum should be held to a higher standard. We are familiar with each other here and we are not dealing with rank strangers.

Are you saying that lower standards are OK when dealing with strangers?

And as far as "knowing" one another. I'd bet 90% of the Forum members have not met more than 3 people on this Forum out of the 10,000 registered. And a large percentage of those that have have only done so as part of a Forum dinner once or twice. We are hardly well known to each other personally here...

But I'm all for higher standards...here and everywhere in my opinion...

Jim

How much contact do have with someone when buying or selling on the boards versus buying or selling on eBay? The ones that I have bought from and sold to on here I would consider to be friends. There isn't any eBay transaction that carries the same trust factor as a transaction here would nor should it, unless that person would also be a board member.

your ethical integrity isn't defined solely by how you treat friends. it also includes how you treat strangers. it's easy to not screw over a buddy, so i fail to see why your distinction should mean -all

Either you are missing the point or I am. I'm not sure which. I may not even have a point other than the selling forum is not eBay, we all have some sort of connection because of this forum and all we have in this forum that enables us to buy and sell is our word to follow through on a deal. If that's gone, what's the point.

The ones that I have bought from and sold to on here I would consider to be friends.

And then you meet the Lighthouses of the Forum and that belief is quickly squashed...

Jim

I would say that people like Lighthouse tend to weed themselves out.

You'd think that but it doesn't happen. He's had three instances here where he was screwing buyers over the years. Each time he came back and was treated as one of the family again. I suspect he'll be back eventually and the cycle will start all over...

Bottomline: Some people here will buy/sell to the devil if they think they're getting a good deal...

Jim

your ethical integrity isn't defined solely by how you treat friends. it also includes how you treat strangers. it's easy to not screw over a buddy, so i fail to see why your distinction should mean -all
Either you are missing the point or I am. I'm not sure which. I may not even have a point other than the selling forum is not eBay, we all have some sort of connection because of this forum and all we have in this forum that enables us to buy and sell is our word to follow through on a deal. If that's gone, what's the point.

Couldn't have said it better myself Doc, well maybe I could, but I was too lazy to.

The selling forum is different. I am not debating whether one should do this or that on eBay, but we are not strangers to one another here. The selling forum should be held to a higher standard. We are familiar with each other here and we are not dealing with rank strangers.

And as far as "knowing" one another. I'd bet 90% of the Forum members have not met more than 3 people on this Forum out of the 10,000 registered. And a large percentage of those that have have only done so as part of a Forum dinner once or twice. We are hardly well known to each other personally here...

Jim

You're slipping off the friend list pretty quick there partner. BTW.. I haven't mailed that book yet. :makepoint:

Consider my comment grandfathered until book is received! Have you made a decision about which con to attend?

No, but wouldn't you sh*t in your flat hat if I drank you under the table?

Don't blame ya, although I always did like Morgan Webb better. And did you know that Howard Stern's fiance was a host on G4 a few years ago?

Morgan Webb is nice...but seems a little too ditzy for my tastes. I can't wait until the inevitable Playboy spread of all of them...

Jim

Edited by awe4one

Stick to one color :makepoint: Pink or Purple .. you must choose one :sumo:

No...;) and I don't care if you are 6'12, I have a ladder...;) :P:makepoint:

I love colors and comics:) I just click on anything that looks pretty

Jim

How much contact do have with someone when buying or selling on the boards versus buying or selling on eBay? The ones that I have bought from and sold to on here I would consider to be friends. There isn't any eBay transaction that carries the same trust factor as a transaction here would nor should it, unless that person would also be a board member.
Sweet, I have it on record. I'm Doc's friend.

Jim

Yes, I admit it. :sorry:

Isn't admitting the problem the first step on the road to recovery?

Jim

What the hell is soy?

Jim

What the hell is soy?

From Soy Bean, fool.

I am ever the optimist. hm can I take a month to mail out the books now?

Jim

Yes, I admit it. :sorry:

Isn't admitting the problem the first step on the road to recovery?

Are you sure you're on the "road to recovery"??? hm

45770-108515NSUR_w.jpg.d9581e254a1d5fc1ca47f393a984a96c.jpg