• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

backing out I can live with, other boarders scooping in underneath is a little low....but hey, that's just me.

No, that's low...very low. People who are morally bankrupt like that will sooner or later turn this place into another eBay

backing out I can live with, other boarders scooping in underneath is a little low....but hey, that's just me.

No, that's low...very low. People who are morally bankrupt like that will sooner or later turn this place into another eBay

I hate to tell you . . . I told you so . . . but I told you so. :grin:

....and who are the board members sending pm's to sell underneath once a sales already been made.

Is this actually happening, or are you assuming this is why people are not honoring their :takeit: ?

I'm also getting annoyed at posting the :takeit: to find the books been sold via PM. I guess it happens, but sellers should then update their thread much faster. Sorry if this second rant belongs somewhere else. :sorry:

just what i'm being told

"Sorry. I recieved another offer from a board member is it ok if I cancel.

Sorry I didn't tell you sooner I've been so busy. "

Sorry. I had the book that you sold and couldn't help myself offering it to your customers :insane:

Seriously, name and shame the people that backed out :pullhair:

....and who are the board members sending pm's to sell underneath once a sales already been made.

Is this actually happening, or are you assuming this is why people are not honoring their :takeit: ?

I'm also getting annoyed at posting the :takeit: to find the books been sold via PM. I guess it happens, but sellers should then update their thread much faster. Sorry if this second rant belongs somewhere else. :sorry:

just what i'm being told

Sorry. I had the book that you sold and couldn't help myself offering it to your customers :insane:

Wait a minute. I'm not always the sharpest pencil in the drawer. Are you guys talking about this situation? I post "Book X" for sale. Someone posts the "I'll take it." Then another boardie PM's the "buyer" and says, "I'll sell you Book X for $5 less."

If that is what we are talking about, that should be an instant bannable offense IMHO.

just what i'm being told

hanging.jpg

just what i'm being told

Wait a minute. I'm not always the sharpest pencil in the drawer. Are you guys talking about this situation? I post "Book X" for sale. Someone posts the "I'll take it." Then another boardie PM's the "buyer" and says, "I'll sell you Book X for $5 less."

If that is what we are talking about, that should be an instant bannable offense IMHO.

Don't think they can be banned as we're supposed to police ourselves, but I think both PMer and the one who accepts the 2nd offer should both be outed and added to the list of shame. :mad:

just what i'm being told

Did the board member post the :takeit: in your thread and then send you this pm? Or were you in negotiations (like someone else's wtb thread) and then you found out the buyer found another book?

Dan

just what i'm being told

Don't think they can be banned as we're supposed to police ourselves, but I think both PMer and the one who accepts the 2nd offer should both be outed and added to the list of shame. :mad:

Then we should be issued riot gear and high pressure hoses to police that kind of wildly_fanciful_statement!

No you don't. You enjoy it.

No you don't. You enjoy it.

:acclaim:

just what i'm being told

Did the board member post the :takeit: in your thread and then send you this pm? Or were you in negotiations (like someone else's wtb thread) and then you found out the buyer found another book?

Dan

If this is what is happening then this forum has truly sunk to a very low level

just what i'm being told

That is the way I read it as well. That is just tacky. Anyone who participates in that type of behavior should be exposed. Some of us only sell books when we need the money and to loose a potential sale because of this is tantamount to thievery.

just what i'm being told

Dan

If this is what is happening then this forum has truly sunk to a very low level

Just what I was pm'd...don't know the "other" seller.....buyer deal was small change and I said whatever....to the backing out. My decision not to make it a federal case, but I wouldn't mind knowing who scooped in for the sale.

And to answer a different question, yes the :takeit: was used in a thread. The deal was made, and I found out a week later when I asked Wassup.

In that case then feel free to PM who backed out as I have no wish to sell to this person in the future.

This action is totally sleezy and uncalled for and I really don't care who it is because in my opinion there is no excuse for it.