• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

9/30/07 PROBATION UPDATE

The following Forum Members are currently on "probation" for failure to complete a transaction in good faith after one month's time:

bronzejunkie

comicmankev

donavan74

Herald2Galactus (1st "Hall of Shame" Member)

Joker-Fish

Lighthouse

Nascar

Sid

SpiderJay300

:sumo:

I had sent him a box of books before that and althought it took him 3 weeks to pay me, he did send payment. So I thought he had changed his ways doh! . I was here for that mess, and I thought he had payed everyone back (eventually).

Quite frankly, anyone who continues to do business with Lighthouse should automatically get their names put on this list for a month.

Why do you guys continue to give him a 2nd 833rd chance? Because he`s a member of the Boards? The guy is bad news and any small savings you might get from him just don`t outweigh the downside of doing business with him.

I had sent him a box of books before that and althought it took him 3 weeks to pay me, he did send payment. So I thought he had changed his ways doh! . I was here for that mess, and I thought he had payed everyone back (eventually).

Quite frankly, anyone who continues to do business with Lighthouse should automatically get their names put on this list for a month.

Why do you guys continue to give him a 2nd 833rd chance? Because he`s a member of the Boards? The guy is bad news and any small savings you might get from him just don`t outweigh the downside of doing business with him.

Have to agree with this....all that anxiety for the sake of a few cheap tpbs. Not that I've ever dealt with him myself .

Have to agree with this....all that anxiety for the sake of a few cheap tpbs. Not that I've ever dealt with him myself .

Hey you two, don't pick on Angelo. He's easily addled. (tsk)

9/30/07 PROBATION UPDATE (NO CHANGES)

The following Forum Members are currently on "probation" for failure to complete a transaction in good faith after one month's time:

bronzejunkie

comicmankev

donavan74

Joker-Fish

Nascar

Sid

SpiderJay300

:sumo:

Uh, what about Lighthouse?

Lighthouse

bronzejunkie

comicmankev

donavan74

Joker-Fish

Nascar

Sid

SpiderJay300

I was never party to what happened earlier with him, so this wasn't a second chance for me. Like I said, I was getting ready to move and wanted to unload some books and make money to defer costs. Hindsite being 20/20, I should've counted my blessings that he paid me the first time and leave it at that. I figured that since he came through for those that bought the poly bags from him around the same time, I was okay. Lesson learned.

Angelo

Edited by TheWatcher

I was never party to what happened earlier with him, so this wasn't a second chance for me. Like I said, I was getting ready to move and wanted to unload some books and make money to defer costs. Hindsite being 20/20, I should've counted my blessings that he paid me the first time and leave it at that. I figured that since he came through for those that bought the poly bags from him around the same time, I was okay. Lesson learned.

Angelo

Kudos to you for your faith in someone being able to get his act together. (worship)

It may not have worked out this time, but that's really Lighthouse's fault.

If the buyer does not come through by midnight tonight I am outing someone I have given the benefit of the doubt to for over a month. They promised to pay on Friday (today for the third time now) after selling some books here on the for sale forum.

If the buyer does not come through by midnight tonight I am outing someone I have given the benefit of the doubt to for over a month. They promised to pay on Friday (today for the third time now) after selling some books here on the for sale forum.

Sweet, he strung you along :sorry:

Sorry, I promise to pay you immediately for that Action Comics #2 you promised to sell me. Just need one more week. :wishluck:

Sorry, I promise to pay you immediately for that Action Comics #2 you promised to sell me. Just need one more week. :wishluck:

I knew it was you! (tsk)

let me know what he was going to buy... I might be interested.

(thumbs u I let you know when their time runs out tick-tock, tick-tock.

Good luck,

What's the deal with folks posting the :takeit: and then backing out....and who are the board members sending pm's to sell underneath once a sales already been made. Reminds me of the original art issues on ebay where a page is purchased, then someone emails and sweeps in and steals it.

So you bought a comic from XXX for $25.....You can have mine for $22 and I'll blow you a kiss.

Ack...

These boards can be frustrating. :pullhair:

Rant over :cloud9:

....and who are the board members sending pm's to sell underneath once a sales already been made.

Is this actually happening, or are you assuming this is why people are not honoring their :takeit: ?

I'm also getting annoyed at posting the :takeit: to find the books been sold via PM. I guess it happens, but sellers should then update their thread much faster. Sorry if this second rant belongs somewhere else. :sorry:

....and who are the board members sending pm's to sell underneath once a sales already been made.

Is this actually happening, or are you assuming this is why people are not honoring their :takeit: ?

I'm also getting annoyed at posting the :takeit: to find the books been sold via PM. I guess it happens, but sellers should then update their thread much faster. Sorry if this second rant belongs somewhere else. :sorry:

just what i'm being told

"Sorry. I recieved another offer from a board member is it ok if I cancel.

Sorry I didn't tell you sooner I've been so busy. "

(thumbs u I let you know when their time runs out tick-tock, tick-tock.

I'd be interested to know too.