• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

No, I extended him a courtesy that is about to expire.

I just received paypal payment.

:acclaim:

and I know it muist have been frustrating, but kudos to you, for giving the person time and allowing them to make good...you deserve credit for being kind! (worship)

I am ever the optimist. hm can I take a month to mail out the books now?

Sure, it was a thrill buy for me anyways.

and I know it muist have been frustrating, but kudos to you, for giving the person time and allowing them to make good...you deserve credit for being kind! (worship)

I am ever the optimist. hm can I take a month to mail out the books now?

Well, the kudos were not for being a SAINT...;) :devil:hm

The selling forum is different. I am not debating whether one should do this or that on eBay, but we are not strangers to one another here. The selling forum should be held to a higher standard. We are familiar with each other here and we are not dealing with rank strangers.

Are you saying that lower standards are OK when dealing with strangers?

And as far as "knowing" one another. I'd bet 90% of the Forum members have not met more than 3 people on this Forum out of the 10,000 registered. And a large percentage of those that have have only done so as part of a Forum dinner once or twice. We are hardly well known to each other personally here...

But I'm all for higher standards...here and everywhere in my opinion...

Jim

There's an easy fix for that, everyone come to the Mid-Ohio Con in November and I'll take everyone out to get hammered, except for Doc Watson who only drinks milk and soy based products.

What the hell is soy?

From Soy Bean, fool.

Fool? Not very constructive Greg.

The selling forum is different. I am not debating whether one should do this or that on eBay, but we are not strangers to one another here. The selling forum should be held to a higher standard. We are familiar with each other here and we are not dealing with rank strangers.

And as far as "knowing" one another. I'd bet 90% of the Forum members have not met more than 3 people on this Forum out of the 10,000 registered. And a large percentage of those that have have only done so as part of a Forum dinner once or twice. We are hardly well known to each other personally here...

Jim

There's an easy fix for that, everyone come to the Mid-Ohio Con in November and I'll take everyone out to get hammered, except for Doc Watson who only drinks milk and soy based products.

What the hell is soy?

From Soy Bean, fool.

Don't question my sweet tactics. :baiting:

Jim

What the hell is soy?

From Soy Bean, fool.

I wasn't questioning. It was a statement. Did you see a question mark?

Fool? :P

Jim

What the hell is soy?

From Soy Bean, fool.

I wasn't questioning. It was a statement. Did you see a question mark?

Fool? :P

Not a fool

Stick to one color :makepoint: Pink or Purple .. you must choose one :sumo:

No...;) and I don't care if you are 6'12, I have a ladder...;) :P:makepoint:

I love colors and comics:) I just click on anything that looks pretty

lol(worship)

Who the heck was the guy that did the undersell?

Poor form... :boo:

I often find myself in the same boat.

Looking for a book... looking... looking.... weeks go by...

One shows on eBay/Heritage.

A forum member posts one for sale.

I :takeit: the member's book and end up winning the auction (much cheaper).

I PAY FOR BOTH! :sumo:

Who the heck was the guy that did the undersell?

Poor form... :boo:

I often find myself in the same boat.

Looking for a book... looking... looking.... weeks go by...

One shows on eBay/Heritage.

A forum member posts one for sale.

I :takeit: the member's book and end up winning the auction (much cheaper).

I PAY FOR BOTH! :sumo:

Briere

10/05/07 PROBATION UPDATE

The following Forum Members are currently on "probation" for failure to complete a transaction in good faith after one month's time:

bronzejunkie

comicmankev

donavan74

Herald2Galactus (1st "Hall of Shame" Member)

Joker-Fish

Lighthouse

Nascar

Sid

SpiderJay300

:sumo:

Edited by divad

The following Forum Members are currently on "probation" for failure to complete a transaction in good faith after one month's time:

bronzejunkie

Cap FFreak

comicmankev

donavan74

Joker-Fish

Lighthouse

Nascar

Sid

SpiderJay300

Even though it was annoying and cap ffreak backed out of buying two different comics from me....by your definition, it isn't a month long wait in transaction etc. and I did tell him "whatever", so does he really belong on this list, or some other covert list for those that back out. He's not the first to back out from buying a comic from me. I think it's up to the seller to either let the deal go away, or to raise his voice and say pay up or shut up. In this case I said "whatever". So?

Either you are missing the point or I am. I'm not sure which. I may not even have a point other than the selling forum is not eBay, we all have some sort of connection because of this forum and all we have in this forum that enables us to buy and sell is our word to follow through on a deal. If that's gone, what's the point.

we're arguing two different things, i think. mine of course being the one more germane to the subject at hand

bronzejunkie

Cap FFreak

comicmankev

donavan74

Joker-Fish

Lighthouse

Nascar

Sid

SpiderJay300

Even though it was annoying and cap ffreak backed out of buying two different comics from me....by your definition, it isn't a month long wait in transaction etc. and I did tell him "whatever", so does he really belong on this list, or some other covert list for those that back out. He's not the first to back out from buying a comic from me. I think it's up to the seller to either let the deal go away, or to raise his voice and say pay up or shut up. In this case I said "whatever". So?

The fact that you're cool with it Collin is all credit to you. :applause:

The fact that a boarder can't be trusted is something that, as an upstanding member of this community, you really should be informing your fellow upstanding citizens about. (thumbs u

Well I'd say people are now officially informed.

They are indeed...but don't beat yourself up over it. You've done nothing wrong. (thumbs u

You have by not listing more sweet books. :sumo:

I think people on the list should stay there for x months, regardless if they settle up or not.

You should be on the "Yup..I'm reading your PMs but not responding to them because I'm a " list... (thumbs u