• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

Apparently people are selling to Oldman by PM. I'd like to say for the record that anyone who knowingly sells something to a person on the probation list is a colossal person_who_is_obnoxiously_self-impressed... Have a nice day.

I agree with this part. (thumbs u

Apparently people are selling to Oldman by PM. I'd like to say for the record that anyone who knowingly sells something to a person on the probation list is a colossal person_who_is_obnoxiously_self-impressed, and should toss themselves off the nearest high object. Have a nice day.

(thumbs u

I never get too involved with a lot of the discussions around here, but on this one I 100% agree.

From the way I see it, the probation list is a warning but sales are at the discretion of the seller, not the bystanders, regardless of the list. I'm not one of those that deals with oldman or anyone that's on the list - I should be so lucky to sell any of the junk that I have.

You are right, the books belong to the sellers and they can do what they please with them. I can also say what I please, and I choose to say that they are jagoffs for doing it.

Me too.

(shrug)

Why, Divad? Why?

Because what could be more passive-aggressively self-serving than creating a Probation list and openly flouting it in a forum auction that you have just spent hours railing against.

What's not to get?

From the way I see it, the probation list is a warning but sales are at the discretion of the seller, not the bystanders, regardless of the list. I'm not one of those that deals with oldman or anyone that's on the list - I should be so lucky to sell any of the junk that I have.

I disagree. We as a community have to stick together to insure the health of the community. I will not sell anything to anyone on the probation list. They first need to complete their previously unfulfilled obligations, get their names removed from the list, and then they are welcome to buy..........not before that, though.

Apparently people are selling to Oldman by PM. I'd like to say for the record that anyone who knowingly sells something to a person on the probation list is a colossal person_who_is_obnoxiously_self-impressed... Have a nice day.

amen

:hi: capffreek

amen

:hi: capffreek

I'm not on the list okay. Get off my back.

Ok. Oldman and I have reached a conclusion. I wouldn't call it mutually satisfying, but it's enough so that I want his name removed off the list. This time for good, as we have agreed not to have future transactions with each other.

Glad to hear you were able to reach a conclusion october. He may be off your list, but he still has not made good on my transaciton, so lets not jump the gun just yet. He has PM'd me to find out what can be done on our transaction, , and I will post here to advise regarding the result. If we can reach amicable turns, then I certainly wouldn't be against having him removed from the list at that point.

I PM'd October and told him he could share the following but the I decided I should do it myself.

I forgot Old Man was on the probation list and sold him some books at the start of April. No excuses, I just didn't check the list. What's more I should've remembered because I told him last year, after he was added to the list after I had sold him some books, that I wouldn't sell to him again unless he made right by October. That was about 6 months ago.

I won't go into the particulars except to say that OM stated that he couldn't make it right as October had sold the books in question. I advised that he apologize and that was the last I heard.

Like I said, no excuses. Think I'll turn in my forum police badge for a little while. Nor do I think I'm in any position to comment on what Divad did today.

I apologized to October and I'm apologizing to the boards for selling to Old Man, even if it was unintentional. Maybe I'm just a tiny person_who_is_obnoxiously_self-impressed?

Glad to hear you were able to reach a conclusion october. He may be off your list, but he still has not made good on my transaciton, so lets not jump the gun just yet. He has PM'd me to find out what can be done on our transaction, , and I will post here to advise regarding the result. If we can reach amicable turns, then I certainly wouldn't be against having him removed from the list at that point.

I apologise. I totally forgot about that. From my end he is fine, but obviously needs to make good with you before being removed.

No worries october. old man has now apologized for conduct in our past dealings, and he has sent me a paypal payment for the one remaining book remaining from our past transaction.

I now echo october's request to have old man removed from the probation list.

Rehabilitation is possible :acclaim: