• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=5224170#Post5224170

I find it difficult to believe that someone can just add another person out of anger this way with no follow-up discussion and a blatant disrespect to the boards. The Probation List, as I understand it, is not to mar someone's reputation out of anger paired with unfounded accusations. The list is NOT for retaliation.

There is no criteria to allow someone to just alter the PL that way. Firefly ultimately decided to remove Primeinvestibles from the PL. Credit to Firefly for that, especially after the move Prime made.

But should Primeinvestibles pull a stunt like that again I will nominate them for the HOS. Then let an HOS poll decide.

Damn me...and now the blocked boardie list is increased to three :sorry:

Classy move Julio, but removed from the PL or not I can't possibly imagine myself buying from PI in the future... :P

Thanks for crawling into my brains and TOTALLY stealing my thoughts. :ohnoez:

Probation list or not...I agree.

When primeinvestibles/Kimberly accused Firefly/Julio of lying--through her post in the Updated Probation List thread--she typed the following out in boldface type:

"I have never had a problem with my buyers and always ship everything in a timely manner!"

Because of her disrespect for the boards and Julio in particular, I'd like to discuss her above quote in relation to the only transaction I've had with primeinvestibles. I had no intentions of bringing it up because it was a one-time deal and not that big of a deal, but now in the light of the stunt she pulled and her above quote, here goes:

Back on August 18, I bought a couple of Famous First Editions from her. I paid via PayPal the same day. I received them Priority Mail three days after she mailed them...but I didn't receive them until September 9th. In other words, it took her 3 weeks to ship after I paid. Not Probation List worthy I know, but I happily bring it up to simply show that she doesn't necessarily "ship everything in a timely manner." :tongue:

I invited the OP he. I suggest you do the same. At the very least you each deserve to say your piece.
I'd suggest you edit the PL in the other list with primeinvestibles re-added to the list until this gets sorted out. Wasn't that aspect a done deal when discussed?

I think she took herself off when adding Firefly.

I don't think the nominations are comparable, the first nomination was valid & added while this adjustment to the list by a PL nominee (primeinvestibles)stating someone was lying is pretty ridiculous - she got paid, what's she got to nominate someone on other than spite??

2c

WTF?!!

So she Added Firefly AND removed herself from the Probation list without discussing the matter at all?

Just unilaterally did that? All on her own? Didn't ask anyone?

What a complete and utter display of disrespect for the way this board operates.

She's obviously never seen what happens when someone does something shady, underhanded and disrespectful on these boards. If she did, she would not have pull this kind of wildly_fanciful_statement.

Hubris!!!

Had I known it was a girl, I probably wouldn't have called her an azz in her FS thread. However, this is totally rediculous.

If it bothers you, Mike, I'll call her an Azz...I was looking at her eBay listings when this came up the first time, seemed like a fairly new ebay seller who might really have had another ID, which usually means past transgressions.

That was a horrible move, Julio has always been wonderful to deal with...add me to the list of people who will not deal with her, list or no list.

BTW, since when are refrigerators comic book related? :shrug:

I invited the OP he. I suggest you do the same. At the very least you each deserve to say your piece.
I'd suggest you edit the PL in the other list with primeinvestibles re-added to the list until this gets sorted out. Wasn't that aspect a done deal when discussed?

I don't think the nominations are comparable, the first nomination was valid & added while this adjustment to the list by a PL nominee (primeinvestibles)stating someone was lying is pretty ridiculous - she got paid, what's she got to nominate someone on other than spite??

2c

WTF?!!

So she Added Firefly AND removed herself from the Probation list without discussing the matter at all?

What a complete and utter display of disrespect for the way this board operates.

She's obviously never seen what happens when someone does something shady, underhanded and disrespectful on these boards. If she did, she would not have pull this kind of wildly_fanciful_statement.

Hubris!!!

Had I known it was a girl, I probably wouldn't have called her an azz in her FS thread. However, this is totally rediculous.

If it bothers you, Mike, I'll call her an Azz...I was looking at her eBay listings when this came up the first time, seemed like a fairly new ebay seller who might really have had another ID, which usually means past transgressions.

That was a horrible move, Julio has always been wonderful to deal with...add me to the list of people who will not deal with her, list or no list.

And I am so glad she took a moment to respect the process and come to this discussion forum and explain herself.

It shows a real maturity and earnestness to come over and talk about steamrolling the rules here.

Wait...what?

Oh that's right, she hasn't done any of that.

Stay Classy...

ron_burgundy2_180.jpg

...Prime Investibles

2c

WTF?!!

Hubris!!!

And I am so glad she took a moment to respect the process and come to this discussion forum and explain herself.

It shows a real maturity and earnestness to come over and talk about steamrolling the rules here.

Wait...what?

Stay Classy...

ron_burgundy2_180.jpg

...Prime Investibles

I didn't even know you could sell a non comic related cooler here on the boards.

2c

WTF?!!

Hubris!!!

Wait...what?

Stay Classy...

ron_burgundy2_180.jpg

...Prime Investibles

I didn't even know you could sell a non comic related cooler here on the boards.

Add that to the list of forum guidelines she DIDN'T have time to read and obey. (thumbs u

Sorry I haven't responded sooner to this site but I have had my hands full tending to my sick child. Ok I will take it from the beginning. I haven't been on this site for a while until I recently posted an item to sell in the mixed items section. Shortly after I listed the item a board member posted that I should resolve an issue that placed me on the probation list for a transaction of non receipt with Julio from Firefly. I checked the tracking number and the post office has it listed ad delivered. I then noticed that Julio placed me on the probation list himself and not Divad who I thought wad in charge of that. So I placed Firefly on that list because I thought he was lying and took myself off, again under the impression that anyone could update that list. I felt that Julio received the books per the USPS confirmation of delivery and just wanted to keep the books and my money. After communicating with Julio I now believe he did not receive the books and apologize for this huge misunderstanding. I will be sending Julio 50+ in merchandise of his choice postage free. I apologize for any inconvenience that I caused to board members.

Sorry I haven't responded sooner to this site but I have had my hands full tending to my sick child. Ok I will take it from the beginning. I haven't been on this site for a while until I recently posted an item to sell in the mixed items section. Shortly after I listed the item a board member posted that I should resolve an issue that placed me on the probation list for a transaction of non receipt with Julio from Firefly. I checked the tracking number and the post office has it listed ad delivered. I then noticed that Julio placed me on the probation list himself and not Divad who I thought wad in charge of that. So I placed Firefly on that list because I thought he was lying and took myself off, again under the impression that anyone could update that list. I felt that Julio received the books per the USPS confirmation of delivery and just wanted to keep the books and my money. After communicating with Julio I now believe he did not receive the books and apologize for this huge misunderstanding. I will be sending Julio 50+ in merchandise of his choice postage free. I apologize for any inconvenience that I caused to board members.

You lost me, it was clear from the beginning that you sent the books to the wrong address, so why did you think that Julio received them?

He's been saying all along that he didn't.

If you are new on this site, why wouldn't you ask about the procedures regarding the probation list? You seem to be aware of this thread...

and last, it's nice that you have decided to make amends, but why the merchandise instead of a straight refund? Julio has said he would pay for the CGC'd books if he did receive them, wouldn't this just complicate things? What happens if the books do arrive eventually? Are you going to expect him to pay for them again, or is the "merchandise" going to be a gift in that case?

Hope your child feels better soon.

Glad to hear your apology, a step in the right direction. I do find it hard to

believe that you have now just figured out that his books went to the wrong

address considering he notified you of his address change before you shipped

and I would imagine he has told you in PMs after you shipped.

It is wonderful that you're now addressing the problem but it shouldn't have

taken this long and it shouldn't have required public exposure.

Glad to hear your apology, a step in the right direction. I do find it hard to

believe that you have now just figured out that his books went to the wrong

address considering he notified you of his address change before you shipped

and I would imagine he has told you in PMs after you shipped.

It is wonderful that you're now addressing the problem but it shouldn't have

taken this long and it shouldn't have required public exposure.

That's true, it all could have been avoided. Everyone has busy life, many of us have a child or multiple children, full time jobs, all the problems that come with life, but most of us have taken the time to become a part of this community, to take the time to read and respect the guidelines and rules, and realize that this isn't Ebay...you aren't going to get far (or get the benefit of the doubt) when you treat this place like a drive by flea market.

Looking at this situation the same thing kept happening, a pattern:

1) Julio gave the seller an alternative address, she either didn't read, understand, or take the time to notice the different address.

2) Julio informed the seller that the item was delivered to the wrong address and he never got the items she either didn't read, understand, or believe what he was saying.

3) PI came back onto the boards and listed a cooler that has nothing to do with comics or comic related material in the sales forum, she either didn't read, understand, respect or take the time to notice the forum guidelines.

4) PI went to the Probation list room and removed her own name from the list without telling anyone she was doing so, she either didn't read, understand, respect or take the time to notice the probation list guidelines.

5) PI went to the Probation list and added Julio's name to the list without following any of the several procedures necessary to do so, she either didn't read, understand, respect, or take the time to notice the probation list procedures.

Once is an accident, twice is an oversight.... but (at least) FIVE TIMES?!

Every single, "I thought", "It seemed", "I was under the impression"....is another way of saying I never actually slowed down and read and understand what I was doing on this forum before I just went and did it.

Julio's proven himself on this forum, through respect, demeanor, consistency and honesty. He's also never put himself above the forum rules and guidelines.

There were several opportunities for PI to do the right thing, to simply read and respect the rules of this forum, but it never happened until several forum members got angry.

I have already addressed the issues with Julio and I did error in assuming that the delivery confirmation notice from the post office was for his new address. If Julio ever receives the original package he can keep it along with the new package I will be sending him at no additional cost.

As for the guidelines, I thought that Divad was the moderator of the Probation Thread and not anyone else, correct me if I am mistaken. Julio changed it to add me on when I thought that he had already received the package, so I changed it. I am sorry that this occured and all I can say is that it won't happen again. I still would like to know who is the moderator for the probation list. If it stands as it is, I think there are too many hands in one pot.

As for listing the mancave cooler. There are many instances when I have noticed scanners being listed for sale. What is the difference between a scanner to scan comics or a coke cooler that looks great in a comic book cave?

I have never had an issue in this forum until this and all I can say is that I will take my time and carefully read all the rules prior to taking any actions. Again I apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused any boardies.

Sincerely,

Kim