• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

:applause: If he's done right by everyone, let's get him off the list.

I'd love to know what happened... :wishluck:

Really? From what I understand this is not the first time he's pulled this, why enable this kind of behavior? (shrug)

Really? From what I understand this is not the first time he's pulled this, why enable this kind of behavior? (shrug)

Because that's how the PL works. It's not a place you go permanently. The HoS is where the incorrigibles go.

Because that's how the PL works. It's not a place you go permanently. The HoS is where the incorrigibles go.

I guess this place has no 3 strike rule :sorry:

I guess this place has no 3 strike rule :sorry:

If you think someone belongs in the HoS, give it a shot. Alls I'm saying is, the PL is not permanent.

I request to be removed from the probation list. I was put on for not sending invoices out on my april sales thread. That has been done and all who have paid so far have been shipped out.

On a side note, all boardies who purchased got their books for $6. Books were free. The $6 was just to cover shipping.

If I've missed an invoice or anyone has any problems with their order, pm me and I will take care of it asap.

Brent...since this was unfortunately not the first time there was a problem (I believe you have been brought up on this thread at least 2 other times) . Why was there a problem here, and why did it take so long to correct it. ?

Also, do you have a list of everything involved and a resolution for each instance?

I request to be removed from the probation list. I was put on for not sending invoices out on my april sales thread. That has been done and all who have paid so far have been shipped out.

On a side note, all boardies who purchased got their books for $6. Books were free. The $6 was just to cover shipping.

If I've missed an invoice or anyone has any problems with their order, pm me and I will take care of it asap.

Brent...since this was unfortunately not the first time there was a problem (I believe you have been brought up on this thread at least 2 other times) . Why was there a problem here, and why did it take so long to correct it. ?

Also, do you have a list of everything involved and a resolution for each instance?

I've done a search on this thread on not found anything before april.

I have sent out invoices to all boardies for these books and then anyone who sent the $6 got books shipped for free. I don't really know what else there is for me to do at this point.

I do have a reason for not sending out the invoices and it mostly has to do with I wasn't comfortable with the page quality of the books being shipped. I had 300+ copies of certain issues in 9.8. But I didn't realize most of them had less than ow/w page quality. That's one reason why I ultimately decided to ship all books for free. I should have sent the invoices much earlier. I have sent out all invoices and shipments when the $6 was paid.

It still isn't clear why I was added in the first place to me as no one had any money that they had lost. But I'm glad I was able to make things right by the guys (and possibly girls) that took the time to go through my thread, buy books and finally get them. As far as my track record goes, I now ship within 1 business day on all orders since I've hired some great help for Quality Comix. My ebay feedback is stellar. I just wish I hadn't procastinated on sending out these invoices due to my lack of confidence in the page quality of a few issues.

What's the probation list for if you can't ever get off the list?

I have sent out invoices to all boardies for these books and then anyone who sent the $6 got books shipped for free. I don't really know what else there is for me to do at this point.

I do have a reason for not sending out the invoices and it mostly has to do with I wasn't comfortable with the page quality of the books being shipped. I had 300+ copies of certain issues in 9.8. But I didn't realize most of them had less than ow/w page quality. That's one reason why I ultimately decided to ship all books for free. I should have sent the invoices much earlier. I have sent out all invoices and shipments when the $6 was paid.

It still isn't clear why I was added in the first place to me as no one had any money that they had lost. But I'm glad I was able to make things right by the guys (and possibly girls) that took the time to go through my thread, buy books and finally get them. As far as my track record goes, I now ship within 1 business day on all orders since I've hired some great help for Quality Comix. My ebay feedback is stellar. I just wish I hadn't procastinated on sending out these invoices due to my lack of confidence in the page quality of a few issues.

I am not quite sure why you didn't post this months ago?

That would have made more sense, but you never answered, just ignored the issue.

The probation list is to protect the community from people who act in less than an acceptable, safe manner.

This is the third time I can remember you having had a problem shipping books and you were on this thread. It was not last year, but prior times. I remember at least one separate thread that was started by someone "looking" for you.

Each time you were your usual charming self...but waiting for months to respond here, just seems to be less than remorseful.

Personally, I think we need some time to hear from the people who were upset...and there is the issue of recidivism. How many times is it OK to not ship, or respond in a timely manner?

That's really all it takes, communication...and frankly if there had been some decent communication, as if people here mattered, I'm sure you would never have been on the thread.

Edited by skypinkblu

Looks like I've been Megacon'd for $26 - sent me the wrong book :facepalm:

What were you supposed to get and what did he send you?

Was supposed to be the Walking Dead #85 Variant but got the normal #85 which I already have :facepalm:

That sucks. Email him and demand he sent the right book to you and have you keep the one he sent in error.

I don't think you have to demand he send the right one and keep the original as a reward for his mistake. A simple PM about the oversight on the book, and give the seller the opportunity to come through is probably better than a heated PM with demands. Things happen. People make mistakes. We're not dealing with weapons-grade Uranium here. It's comic books, and things can be rectified easily enough without a bunch of posturing.

Now, if the seller does't want to do right by his mistake, then - give him the demands. But you should give the guy the chance to fix it before taking his @ss-end out.

This is a multiple time offender who has used multiple shill accounts who has deleted the majority of his posts, so in this case playing nice left a long time ago.

Let me ask you one thing.If you knew this going into the sale,why would you purchase anything from him in the first place?

Oakman, I had no idea it was Sergio until after I paid and his name came up on PayPal as the owner of the email address.

That would have made more sense, but you never answered, just ignored the issue.

The probation list is to protect the community from people who act in less than an acceptable, safe manner.

This is the third time I can remember you having had a problem shipping books and you were on this thread. It was not last year, but prior times.

Each time you were your usual charming self...but waiting for months to respond here, just seems to be less than remorseful.

Personally, I think we need some time to hear from the people who were upset...and there is the issue of recidivism. How many times is it OK to not ship, or respond in a timely manner?

That's fine to wait to hear from everyone.

I'm not attempting to be charming. I am sorry as I've said above. 1 boardie wanted his purchases from the thread for a signing and after the date passed he no longer needed them. :(

Please point out any time I was on the probation list or discussed in the probation thread as I don't recall anything.

There was a time about 1.5 years ago that I was not responsive to a boardie (not on the boards) but thru my site. That situation was resolved to his satisfaction. There was a family situation at the time I was dealing with.

As far as recidivism, that is insulting to the 99.9% of transactions that are perfect between me and my customers. I realize I've screwed this up by not sending out invoices. And I was not responsive at 1 point about 1.5 years ago. I don't do just a few transactions a year. I do literally thousands. I have tried to make things right. If that's not enough, then there's nothing more I can do.

If it's at all relevant to this conversation, I bought a book from Brent through his website a couple weeks back and the transaction went smoothly, with no problems regarding communication or timely shipping. Given that was through his personal site and not the boards but I figured I'd toss that out there anyway.

This is the third time I can remember you having had a problem shipping books and you were on this thread. It was not last year, but prior times.

I'm not attempting to be charming. I am sorry as I've said above. 1 boardie wanted his purchases from the thread for a signing and after the date passed he no longer needed them. :(

Please point out any time I was on the probation list or discussed in the probation thread as I don't recall anything.

There was a time about 1.5 years ago that I was not responsive to a boardie (not on the boards) but thru my site. That situation was resolved to his satisfaction. There was a family situation at the time I was dealing with.

As far as recidivism, that is insulting to the 99.9% of transactions that are perfect between me and my customers. I realize I've screwed this up by not sending out invoices. And I was not responsive at 1 point about 1.5 years ago. I don't do just a few transactions a year. I do literally thousands. I have tried to make things right. If that's not enough, then there's nothing more I can do.

I asked if you had a list, so we would know when everyone responded.

I know there was a thread (if it was not on here) more than 1.5 years ago...

I'm not sure why it makes a difference if you do thousands of transactions or 1? If you remember, dealers were not allowed on these threads until a few years ago.

I'm not sure why it makes a difference if you do thousands of transactions or 1? If you remember, dealers were not allowed on these threads until a few years ago.

It would've been nice to have had that explanation at the time as opposed to the ignored PM's. To be fair, he did PM not too long ago asking if I still wanted the books and If I would ask to get him removed from the PL. I declined on both accounts.

Actually you are 100% wrong. I've been selling in these forums since before you joined the boards.

I will send you a PM privately if you'd like with all of the details of who has responded, who hasn't and who has declined the invoices. I don't intend on posting that publicly.

There may have been another thread for a total of 2 problems in 11 years on the boards. And the other problems were not board related and out of 10000+ transactions, these 2 were brought onto the boards as threads.

It would've been nice to have had that explanation at the time as opposed to the ignored PM's. To be fair, he did PM not too long ago asking if I still wanted the books and If I would ask to get him removed from the PL. I declined on both accounts.

I understand why you're pizzed at me. Even if it's over a small $$ book. It's the principle of it. I get it. Maybe down the road you'll see a book you like on my site or ebay and I can get another chance to earn your business.

I understand why you're pizzed at me. Even if it's over a small $$ book. It's the principle of it. I get it. Maybe down the road you'll see a book you like on my site or ebay and I can get another chance to earn your business.

But seriously, why wait 6 months to reply here? You were worried about the PQ of some of the comics, so you just freaked out and shut down for half a year? That's a tough story to swallow. if it's true I'm sorry, but it's hard to believe. Much easier to believe is that you got side tracked, were annoyed that you were being called out, and said "Funk it."

But seriously, why wait 6 months to reply here? You were worried about the PQ of some of the comics, so you just freaked out and shut down for half a year? That's a tough story to swallow. if it's true I'm sorry, but it's hard to believe. Much easier to believe is that you got side tracked, were annoyed that you were being called out, and said "Funk it."

Nope, that is the initial reason why. The PQ problem. Then I was really shocked that I would be put on a probation list for not sending out invoices. And it made it worse because completing the transactions would have gotten more blowback for the poor PQ. All my fault. I finally figured out that sending them for free was the only solution for both being way late and for the potential poor PQ.

I do hope I get another chance. I'm not really intending to sell on the boards anytime soon but what matters more is that I've made things right to the best of my abilities.