• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

i would like to be removed from the PL list. i only need a response from A. Romeo.

This got lost in the Chuck Gower love-in and does need addressing.

OP, have you PM'd A.Romeo and asked him to confirm the problem's resolution in this thread?

i have and will do so again this afternoon. maybe it got lost in his messages with his sales.

he answered me this morning saying he won't help me get out of the PL because he doesn't want "someone like me" around here, whatever that means. I have already resolved my issue with Columbia Comics, who was the person that actually recommended me for the PL. where do I go from here? thank you.

A.Romero, I know getting stiffed sucks, but the PL is supposed to be a temporary situation. If you want zombizzy marked permanently, nominate him for the HoS and plead your case. Otherwise, you gotta work with him to resolve issues.

If you want to put him on the PL, I'm thinking the 30 day rule is still in effect. I can get with a seller listing their own timeframe for payment, and considering a deal void if that window is missed. But for the PL, we should stick to 30 days. There's just too much room for error in just three days.

Ok, I can understand that.

When I have a sales thread, I often do price reductions to promote quick sale of books and quick payments - which is why I stipulate the 3 day rule in my overall thread specifications. I don't mind even waiting for payment, but I also stipulate if that is the case, the buyer work it out with me ahead of time. And the reason for that is that I don't want to mark something down and wait 1-2 weeks for payment - because I could take those 1-2 weeks and attempt to sell it for regular price and get my full amount.

Like I told Sharon - I don't think the guy has to be nailed to a cross over a $40 sale - especially since no one is out anything other than time and inconvenience, but I was curious to what reprecussion there is (if any) to not following through on a sales thread and if there was some middle road between three days and 30 days.

I don't think I'll come back 30 days from now and nominate him to the PL because I'll just move on with life and give him ONE STAR on my personal star ratings list. :headbang:

Hey Dr. B, If the offer still stands at the Gauntlet 1-6 and Guardians #24 for $40 shipped I would :takeit:

Sure - let's do it. I'll PM you.

Balls makin' sweet BANK ! :golfclap:

There's no sweeter sale than one made in the PL thread. :headbang:

Just for the record here, the guy before Vader who didn't pay for his books was Kitsune. I'm not going to nominate him to the PL (nor do I think I can anyways), but I would like it stated didn't pay for the books, read my PMs and never responded. Case closed!

i would like to be removed from the PL list. i only need a response from A. Romeo.

OP, have you PM'd A.Romeo and asked him to confirm the problem's resolution in this thread?

i have and will do so again this afternoon. maybe it got lost in his messages with his sales.

he answered me this morning saying he won't help me get out of the PL because he doesn't want "someone like me" around here, whatever that means. I have already resolved my issue with Columbia Comics, who was the person that actually recommended me for the PL. where do I go from here? thank you.

A.Romero, I know getting stiffed sucks, but the PL is supposed to be a temporary situation. If you want zombizzy marked permanently, nominate him for the HoS and plead your case. Otherwise, you gotta work with him to resolve issues.

Since zombizzy is posting here & trying to get removed from the PL - maybe he should take the initiative to explain the details of what went wrong with this transaction and what he did to correct it...

(shrug)

so here's the story.

mid-march i sold a.romeo two books advertised as nm. he asked if they were 9.8 worthy and i told him yes they were. after the transaction was completed i received a message saying that one of the books was over graded. after exchanging photos i claimed it was probably a shipping defect as the pictures did not match mine. after some debating i finally offered a partial refund for the damaged book, but he would not take it. i said that was the best i could do and he still refused. ten days ago i offered a full refund for the books i sold him and did not get a response until today when i bumped the private message.

/end story

Please clarify: did A.Romeo not actually post here in the PL thread nominating you also?

My understanding is that the only person(s) who can put someone on the PL and keep them there pending a resolution are people who submitted a timeline and the rest of the "due process". If A.Romeo never actually did that you are only answerable to CC who specified a transaction.

If A.Romeo did nominate you here according to the rules and you have indeed resolved it than you cannot be kept on the PL.

Did A.Romeo acknowledge that you had resolved the transaction, or not?

so here's the story.

mid-march i sold a.romeo two books advertised as nm. he asked if they were 9.8 worthy and i told him yes they were. after the transaction was completed i received a message saying that one of the books was over graded. after exchanging photos i claimed it was probably a shipping defect as the pictures did not match mine. after some debating i finally offered a partial refund for the damaged book, but he would not take it. i said that was the best i could do and he still refused. ten days ago i offered a full refund for the books i sold him and did not get a response until today when i bumped the private message.

/end story

Just seeing this. So he is refusing an offer of a full refund?

so here's the story.

/end story

So you had a problem 4 months ago and you just offered a full refund 10 days ago?

Why did it take you so long?

so here's the story.

/end story

First thing, I'd strongly recommend not promising that any raw comics are 9.8s. As far as I'm concerned, 9.8 is CGC's game, and you're only asking for trouble if you promise it. Given that you did, and he disagrees with your grade, a full refund would be the right move. Someone looking for a 9.8 is not looking for a 9.4 with a bit of cash back.

so here's the story.

/end story

So you had a problem 4 months ago and you just offered a full refund 10 days ago?

Better late than never? :shrug:

so here's the story.

/end story

Better late than never? :shrug:

I dunno, I was kind of figuring it was going to be never until he had trouble starting a sales thread.

I thought MAYBE there was another reason;)? so I was curious:)

I sent payment out to a boardie on the 28th of May for some slabs, is this the correct location to come sulk about it still not being here? :shy:

notify him that you're posting in this thread, give him 3 days, then out him and put him on the probation list. there's some directions in the first post of some of these threads somewhere....

Any outcome to this staples?

My other point was...and I guess I should have been more specific...if Zombizzy had 4 months, I think we need to give Romeo some time to post here. It's a holiday weekend, lots of people are out of town this week.

How do I nominate someone to be put on the HOS list? Does sending a book not in the condition advertised warrant this? The person will not respond to my messages either but I see him interacting on the msg boards with other members. Its been almost a month and I have PM'd him several times with no response. Boardie is Zombizzy

In response to the Zombizzy post - I am currently in talks with him now, but yes as someone pointed out, its only AFTER I made this post and another post on the general discussion page about him that I heard anything back. I'd be happy to post the history of our convo and the dates of each PM that I sent and you will see how many PM's I made with no response.

Funny how someone else had an issue with you as well until I made the post. I still wonder why you were able to interact with other boardies and when I PM'd you several times since March you could never return my PM's?

I assure you that I am not one to try to pull some kind of scam on here, If anyone else would like my scans and compare them to Zombizzys scans Id love to provide them for you. I have nothing to hide here and am offering to return the books for a full refund. I understand the concern of why someone would say the books were switched out and honestly I don't know how to prove that they weren't, the books have no bends or creases and are in good condition, these white nicks in the spine had to be there before the books were shipped, if it was shipping damage I would have seen the bags bent/dented/ripped etc, but I saw no signs of that.

These are the two threads dealing with A.Romeo putting zombizzy on the PL. I was part of this discussion back in late March/early April. So yes I do believe that A.romeo does have to remove his objection to zombizzy's removal from the PL.

If one is having a problem with a transaction here, what exactly are the options? Say I have someone who bought quarter-books from me and never paid - can I just reclaim the books and not bother with putting this poor soul on the Probabtion List?

I'd feel so bad, so ridiculous putting someone on the PL for an infraction involving a few quarter-books...

:eek:

-slym

I don't think it matters on the amount. I mean it is the principle of the thing. I know there was an issue where someone was put on the PL for not shipping out Pay it forward books which technically there is no money paid. The idea of the PL is to warn other members of problem buyers and sellers. If they burn you for a quarter book they may burn me on a four figure book. Just my 2c

30 days I guess, and you're free to do as you please.

Doesn't the 30 day only apply if you're actually trying to nominate someone to the PL/seek resolution through the PL Discussion?

It sounds like Slym wants to forgo that so he can just move on and sell his books.

Doesn't the 30 day only apply if you're actually trying to nominate someone to the PL/seek resolution through the PL Discussion?

It sounds like Slym wants to forgo that so he can just move on and sell his books.

If he doesn't wait the 30 days, the other guy can nominate him. :whatthe:

If he doesn't wait the 30 days, the other guy can nominate him. :whatthe:

Ah-ha! Good point, hasn't thought of that.

That's definitely something to keep in mind when selling here. eBay let's you cut ties with a dead-beat bidder as early as a week. Someone could easily (mistakenly) assume it's the same here.