• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

Okay ... I really thought you should have waited until you got your refund, but asking six times seems like enough to me, so I just removed zombizzy from the Probation List. If I were you, I'd still get the refund, and let us all know if/when it arrives.

I have posted my Kudos thread and I still get backlash from this community.

I'm not sure what that's supposed to prove. Kudos threads don't contain negative comments. EVERYONE's kudos thread makes them look good. That's why they're stupid.

Okay ... I really thought you should have waited until you got your refund, x times seems like enough to me, so I just removed zombizzy from the Probation List. If I were you, I'd still get the refund, and let us all know if/when it arrives.

I understand what your saying and its not even about the money for me at this point its about how soneone does business and I think the point was made.

Besides it appears as though Zombizzy has many people eagerly awaiting his release back onto these boards to start scamming others. All I can say is I warned you.

I have posted my Kudos thread and I still get backlash from this community.

I'm not sure what that's supposed to prove. Kudos threads don't contain negative comments. EVERYONE's kudos thread makes them look good. That's why they're stupid.

Fair enough but you also don't see me being nominated for PL or HOS.

Okay ... I really thought you should have waited until you got your refund, x times seems like enough to me, so I just removed zombizzy from the Probation List. If I were you, I'd still get the refund, and let us all know if/when it arrives.

I understand what your saying and its not even about the money for me at this point its about how soneone does business and I think the point was made.

Besides it appears as though Zombizzy has many people eagerly awaiting his release back onto these boards to start scamming others. All I can say is I warned you.

The point is definitely made. What does that have to do with your getting your money back? A hundred bucks is a hundred bucks, and this should be about business.

its about how soneone does business and I think the point was made.
Yeah... you're right. Unfortunately for you it also shows that even when offered a full refund, regardless of how long it took, that wasn't good enough for you. Of course once someone pointed out that in another situation zombizzy fully refunded the buyer and let them keep the books you seemed to be all about that. Regardless of what's posted in you kudos thread, based on that action alone, I can guarantee you and I will not be doing business at any time. 2c

Yeah... you're right. Unfortunately for you it also shows that even when offered a full refund, regardless of how long it took, that wasn't good enough for you. Of course once someone pointed out that in another situation zombizzy fully refunded the buyer and let them keep the books you seemed to be all about that. Regardless of what's posted in you kudos thread, based on that action alone, I can guarantee you and I will not be doing business at any time. 2c

Nor would I want someone doing business with me that wants someone like zombizzy back on the boards

Nor would I want someone doing business with me that wants someone like zombizzy back on the boards

I never said anything about wanting him back on the boards. As far as I'm concerned I'd like to see you both gone. :foryou:

I never said anything about wanting him back on the boards. As far as I'm concerned I'd like to see you both gone. :foryou:

I like your logic ..a buyer gets ripped off and you want to ban him as well. And if you could read past a third grade level you would have noticed I made the statement about the refund and keeping the books as a joke

I like your logic ..a buyer gets ripped off and you want to ban him as well. And if you could read past a third grade level you would have noticed I made the statement about the refund and keeping the books as a joke

You're making yourself appear petty and unreasonable. It's enough now, everyone thought that the seller was wrong, your petulance obfuscates the point at hand and now all I focus on is your whining.

Send the books back, get a refund, and be done with it.

Zombizzy/A.romeo Timeline

4/19 ARomeo - Id rather do a full return/refund as the books aren't worth anything to me if I can't grade them as possible 9.8's. The books in 9.2-9.4 range go for about $90 (combined) and that's already graded. For me to get my money back I have to pay to get them slabbed ($30 each) adding $60 + $95 = $155 in my expenses. Id be willing to meet in the middle with you and will go $40 as an acceptable refund. I can only hope the book goes up in value to get back what I have into it.

OK so the "I keep books, give me a full refund" doesn't seen reasonable to me - when going back to the PM's & ignoring the timeline - I'm trying to get some sense of "how you do things"

Please explain the math on 4/19 regarding the credit offer you rejected - I'm not clear on how saying a book is in 9.8 condition compels the seller to cover a buyers' "loss" of any grading fees, fast track service charges etc... nor do I see how your damages relate to both books. I guess the point is if you would have gotten a 9.8 graded but wouldn't bother with grading a 9.4 then why is fast track a relevant "loss", it's not a cost you were going to incur (if not slabbing) - your "loss" should relate to the book's value shouldn't it?

I may be missing something because I'm a bit buzzed, I don't get the numbers you are referring to in your 4/19 negotiation. Explain them. (shrug)

If you read everything that has been said regarding the credit without returning statement, I stated I said that as more of a joke because that is how one poster stated Zombizzy handled his previous escalation with a buyer, so I figured why wouldn't he offer me the same.

I had also stated at one point I would have taken a $40 refund to settle the deal, the loss in value from the grade of a 9.8 to something that looks like a 9.2 can be fairly significant. zombizzy refused my $40 ask of a refund and would only offer $20. After him ignoring me for weeks at a time only to come back and answer me in one sentence answers, I had now said only a full refund would work which I originally wanted in the first place, but Zombizzy would not accept that or the $40 refund.. Months later when Zombizzy wanted to sell more books is when he was willing to offer me a full refund because it now benefits him on his timetable. A buyer shouldn't have to be held by the balls by the seller.

Again if Zombizzy was a legit seller he would have worked this out up front. Instead he chose to ignore my PMs

He's offering a full refund now. Take the refund, agree to him coming off the PL, and move on.

I can understand how it makes you want to see someone not do business on the board when they refuse to work with you on an issue. However, right now...you're not appearing to be much better at that one.

:makepoint:

I've stated twice in this thread to remove him from the PL. so for you this will be a third time I am saying to take Zombizzy off the PL

I absolutely see how you could be upset. I understand your frustration, but if you look at the poll, the numbers for the HOS are just not there.

I've been in your place, where I really knew someone was a scam artist but I had to let him back on the selling floor, within a year, he was in the Hall of Shame (Jokerfish) ...so I KNOW your pain, but that's not how the rules work. There is just not enough now to put him in the HOS.

Plenty of people are not going to deal with him. Just send the books back and give him the opportunity to refund you. Once that happens, remove him from the list.

It was not your fault, I know your statements are out of frustration, but you have to be the bigger person here.

It sounds like this guy is in school and young, and just perhaps, the probation list will work this time and he'll straighten himself out. That's the idea, give people a chance to mess up a few times before putting them in purgatory, because none of us are perfect.

If there are a few people rehabilitated, that's what it's all about.

From the "UPDATED PROBATION LIST ONLY - no discussions" thread...

Aren't you jumping the gun a bit Speedy? So far, most people do recommend he come off of the PL but the poll doesn't end until tomorrow morning. Let the poll end first before removing him from the PL. That's the proper thing to do.

The poll is about putting zombizzy in the HoS, which is unrelated to taking him off the PL. To come off the PL, the people who nominated him for the list in the first place have to make the request, and at this point they've done so. So, off he comes, no?

Edited by Speedy-D

From the "UPDATED PROBATION LIST ONLY - no discussions" thread...

Aren't you jumping the gun a bit Speedy? So far, most people do recommend he come off of the PL but the poll doesn't end until tomorrow morning. Let the poll end first before removing him from the PL. That's the proper thing to do.

The poll is about putting zombizzy in the HoS, which is unrelated to taking him off the PL. To come off the PL, the people who nominated him for the list in the first place have to make the request, and at this point they've done so. So, off he comes, no?

Why don't you leave him on for a few days (3) until A.Romeo has time to calm down a little. He's obviously upset for a reason. I don't want to burn him for being frustrated. Hopefully he will mail the books back, and we can see if Zombizzy follows through.

To come off the PL, the people who nominated him for the list in the first place have to make the request, and at this point they've done so. So, off he comes, no?

Yes. That's my understanding of the rules, as well.

Correct my timelines if I'm wrong but didn't Zombizzy offer a $20 partial refund early on, which was refused by A.Romeo, at which point A.Romeo demanded $40? I've dealt with buyers in the past who disagreed with my grading and demanded a certain amount of refund. When I've offered full refund for a return the buyers have gotten upset. Generally it seems that the buyer wants to keep the comic and get his money back, using the subjectivity of grading as a cover. It seems pretty clear that this is what A.Romeo is going for, considering he stated he doesn't want to send the comics back. Maybe they should both be on the PL? (shrug)

Telerites yes absolutely. I've seen several threads where it states payment must be made in x days. As long as it states that and the person breaks that agreement, you are free to do as you wish. I think of the 30 day rule as a default rule. Unless the parties stipulate otherwise, the 30 day rule is in effect.

+1

And stipulating payment deadlines is quite handy.

Correct my timelines if I'm wrong but didn't Zombizzy offer a $20 partial refund early on, which was refused by A.Romeo, at which point A.Romeo demanded $40? I've dealt with buyers in the past who disagreed with my grading and demanded a certain amount of refund. When I've offered full refund for a return the buyers have gotten upset. Generally it seems that the buyer wants to keep the comic and get his money back, using the subjectivity of grading as a cover. It seems pretty clear that this is what A.Romeo is going for, considering he stated he doesn't want to send the comics back. Maybe they should both be on the PL? (shrug)

Sounded to me like Zombizzy would not allow a full refund, only offered $20 and Romeo asked for $40 as a compromise.

I've often thought that full refunds should be a MUST here. I don't understand why anyone would refuse to give one immediately if there is a problem.

If you are selling books to fix your car, you should wait till you make sure the person is happy with the books.

Sounded to me like Zombizzy would not allow a full refund, only offered $20 and Romeo asked for $40 as a compromise.

I've often thought that full refunds should be a MUST here. I don't understand why anyone would refuse to give one immediately if there is a problem.

If you are selling books to fix your car, you should wait till you make sure the person is happy with the books.

Okay. If a full refund was an option upfront, that was then refused by Zombizzy, then Zombizzy is clearly in the wrong.