• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

Hi Greatgoogamooga. I am a bit confused. I opened the poll at 12:10am on July 7th and closed it as 12:10am on July 8th. It was a 24 hour period so I am not sure how it was a 2 day poll. It was my impression that a HoS nomination required a 24 hour vote. If my understanding was wrong than my apologies and please let me know how long it should be. On a different note, now that the poll is closed, the vote clearly is in favor of zombizzy not being added to the HoS list and the issue is now closed.

I have had time to calm down over this whole mess and it is what it is. I have messaged Zombizzy accepting his offer for a full refund and for him to pay for the return shipping. He has not answered back yet.

I have had time to calm down over this whole mess and it is what it is. I have messaged Zombizzy accepting his offer for a full refund and for him to pay for the return shipping. He has not answered back yet.

(thumbs u

ok, wow, many issues to deal with, long weekend.

alright, first things first, just to clarify, I did give columbia comics a full refund and he agreed to send the books back, though i haven't gotten them back yet, i do trust i'll get them soon. so there's that.

a.romeo's timeline is accurate. there was a partial refund argument because only one book was damaged, he did not accept it and i wrongfully dismissed setting things right with him until i came back and learned the repercussions of being in that pl. i am offering a full refund and if he says he'll send the books back i have no problem doing it upfront.

as many of you have stated, i will be on previous posts of the pl, basically leaving my name in there forever. that does hurt me in future sales for i know some people will not deal with me because, well, there's a 5+ page long discussion about a deal gone wrong. this i understand and i will try to little by little better my image in the forum and with its community.

oh, and thehumantorch, i like my letters lowercase if you hadn't noticed! :whistle:

Awesome! Let us know if he blows you off.

ok, wow, many issues to deal with, long weekend.

alright, first things first, just to clarify, I did give columbia comics a full refund and he agreed to send the books back, though i haven't gotten them back yet, i do trust i'll get them soon. so there's that.

a.romeo's timeline is accurate. there was a partial refund argument because only one book was damaged, he did not accept it and i wrongfully dismissed setting things right with him until i came back and learned the repercussions of being in that pl. i am offering a full refund and if he says he'll send the books back i have no problem doing it upfront.

as many of you have stated, i will be on previous posts of the pl, basically leaving my name in there forever. that does hurt me in future sales for i know some people will not deal with me because, well, there's a 5+ page long discussion about a deal gone wrong. this i understand and i will try to little by little better my image in the forum and with its community.

oh, and thehumantorch, i like my letters lowercase if you hadn't noticed! :whistle:

Well, A. Romeo has messaged you about returning the books, so this is your chance to step up and try to get on the right foot.

My 2 cents about this situation:

I dont belive this is HOS material.

That said, and Zombizzy says is by himself in his last post:

there was a partial refund argument because only one book was damaged, he did not accept it and i wrongfully dismissed setting things right with him until i came back and learned the repercussions of being in that pl. i am offering a full refund and if he says he'll send the books back i have no problem doing it upfront.

He is offering a refund only because he learned the "repercussions of being on the PL" and not because he know he made a mistake and as a seller he is responsible to fix such mistake.

He is showing no goodwill at all.

It took 3 months to offer a full refund to A.Romeo. If I was the buyer, I'll leave him on the PL for a month or two.

It may seems harsh, but I think Zombizzy behaved poorly.

there was a partial refund argument because only one book was damaged, he did not accept it and i wrongfully dismissed setting things right with him until i came back and learned the repercussions of being in that pl. i am offering a full refund and if he says he'll send the books back i have no problem doing it upfront.

He is offering a refund only because he learned the "repercussions of being on the PL" and not because he know he made a mistake and as a seller he is responsible to fix such mistake.

It took 3 months to offer a full refund to A.Romeo. If I was the buyer, I'll leave him on the PL for a month or two.

This has been exactly my point all along.

The PL is not a "punishment" where people can "leave him on" so he can "learn his lesson." Once the offender makes it right, no matter what type of bad actor they have been, they are off.

And HOS is reserved for the worst of the worst. Not disputes over partial vs. full refunds.

FACEPALM

1. Plenty of people, sellers and businesses only make things right because of repercussions, not because of goodwill. Heck it happens, here, people just don't always express their intent behind their actions. This is just one instance with a spotlight shining on it at the moment. Intent should not factor in, just actions and results.

2. The purpose of the probation list is to push parties in a transaction to resolve their problem else face the scarlet letter of the PL. It is not meant to be punishment after the fact. All current PL listees have a way to get off the list and to make right their transgression. If Zombizzy has offered and follows through on the full refund there's nothing more he can do to make the transaction more right.

3. When dealing in raws its always tough. Did the seller send the same book pictured? Did the book get damaged in transit either due to sub-standard packaging or USPS gorilla tactics? Did the buyer swap out an undamaged book for a slightly damaged book and attempt to get a refund? These are all possible scenarios as unsavory as they are to admit. Thus both sides got touchy quickly out of thinking the other was trying to "pull one" on them. The most likely scenario is the book was slightly damaged (going from 9.8/9.6 to 9.4ish) some time between the sale photo and being received by the buyer. Maybe it was while the book was being packaged up, maybe it was in transit, who knows. End of the day the buyer intended to purchase a 9.8/9.6 book, and what arrived was not up to that grade, so he requested a refund. The seller offered a partial refund as a "meet in the middle" but when the buyer rejected it Zombizzy should have just extended the full refund offer and been done with it. now that thats been done (assuming its followed thru on) this matter is closed.

The PL is not a "punishment" where people can "leave him on" so he can "learn his lesson." Once the offender makes it right, no matter what type of bad actor they have been, they are off.

And HOS is reserved for the worst of the worst. Not disputes over partial vs. full refunds.

FACEPALM

:golfclap:

I'll put in a small 2c worth and people can take it for what it's worth.

zombizzy did send me a refund BEFORE I shipped the books back (and as of right now, I have not shipped the books back). They're actually in front of me and I'm going to pack them and mail tomorrow. I certainly see no reason to expedite the process since it took 3+ months to finally get a refund.

However, once he's made A.Romeo whole, he's good in my book (til he messes up again, which is very very possible).

I also think asking him to shoulder the costs of returning the books is unacceptable. That's just the cost of buying a book. If you're unhappy, you send it back on your own dime. I mean, its' what?? $6 for Priority? Maybe half that for media (if you're dishonest).

I think A.Romeo has been very very stubborn in this whole tirade and he's certainly one I'll keep an eye on (and my other on zombizzy) but nevertheless, he's good and no further punishment is warranted.

I also think asking him to shoulder the costs of returning the books is unacceptable. That's just the cost of buying a book. If you're unhappy, you send it back on your own dime.

Agreed, that seems to be standard practice. If Zombizzy offered to foot the bill, then that's certainly going above the standard conventions here on the boards. (though the amount of time it took to get to the point of refund was extreme)

Edited by Miraclemet

I'll put in a small 2c worth and people can take it for what it's worth.

zombizzy did send me a refund BEFORE I shipped the books back (and as of right now, I have not shipped the books back). They're actually in front of me and I'm going to pack them and mail tomorrow. I certainly see no reason to expedite the process since it took 3+ months to finally get a refund.

However, once he's made A.Romeo whole, he's good in my book (til he messes up again, which is very very possible).

I also think asking him to shoulder the costs of returning the books is unacceptable. That's just the cost of buying a book. If you're unhappy, you send it back on your own dime. I mean, its' what?? $6 for Priority? Maybe half that for media (if you're dishonest).

I think A.Romeo has been very very stubborn in this whole tirade and he's certainly one I'll keep an eye on (and my other on zombizzy) but nevertheless, he's good and no further punishment is warranted.

sorry for getting mad at a situation where someone tried to rip me off.

People should be calm and rational at all times.

They should be Saints, too...and Look like young Farah Fawcetts, and or young Jon Hamms and...

Anyway...I know I'm not perfect.

However, what some people are forgetting is that A. Romeo is also pretty new. He asked a question about leaving Zombizzy on the list, it was not a hanging offense. He was upset, not a hanging offense.

Some people took his question and the fact he was obviously upset AFTER 4 MONTHS, to be a hanging offense...I disagree. He's not the offender...he got a little off track, but since there were 2 people unhappy with books, it's kind of obvious where the problem was, and in A Romeo's defense, when he brought it up, Zombizzy tried to switch the blame not being perfect (and I'm usually fairly calm) ...I might have been a wee bit upset myself..

Brock, the first thing I thought of when I saw YOUR post was...why on earth does he still have those books?...after all, if the guy is forgiven, that's it...forgive him.

My 2c

While personally I would not ASK for the return shipping, if I were Zombizzy I would offer it, part of his way back into to people's good graces, it's the NICE thing to do and we WANT him all rehabilitated and back in the good graces of the community.

I think it was a step up for him that he admitted he was in error....keep stepping!