• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

Brock, the first thing I thought of when I saw YOUR post was...why on earth does he still have those books?...after all, if the guy is forgiven, that's it...forgive him.

I still have the books b/c I've been busy/lazy and haven't shipped them back.

Want to get the torches and pitchforks after me, go ahead. I also waited 3+ months for a refund so if he can't wait 2ish weeks for the books to be returned, then so be it. Last time I checked the "unofficial" rule was 30 days. I've still got 14.

And I'm mailing the books back Priority, whereas he mailed them media.

I'll put in a small 2c worth and people can take it for what it's worth.

zombizzy did send me a refund BEFORE I shipped the books back (and as of right now, I have not shipped the books back). They're actually in front of me and I'm going to pack them and mail tomorrow. I certainly see no reason to expedite the process since it took 3+ months to finally get a refund.

However, once he's made A.Romeo whole, he's good in my book (til he messes up again, which is very very possible).

I also think asking him to shoulder the costs of returning the books is unacceptable. That's just the cost of buying a book. If you're unhappy, you send it back on your own dime. I mean, its' what?? $6 for Priority? Maybe half that for media (if you're dishonest).

I think A.Romeo has been very very stubborn in this whole tirade and he's certainly one I'll keep an eye on (and my other on zombizzy) but nevertheless, he's good and no further punishment is warranted.

sorry for getting mad at a situation where someone tried to rip me off.

Man, you never quit do you? Just got to have the last word on everything and there's some kind of spite towards someone in practically every post you've made in here. I think you've hung yourself quite well in the process of hanging Zombizzy out to dry. Mental note to have nothing to do with either one of you.

• selling a reprint as a 1st print= ripoff
  • sending an empty box = ripoff
  • failure to disclose known restoration = ripoff
  • trimming books and selling them = ripoff
  • e-bay/paypal chargeback scam = ripoff

selling a book as a 9.6 (with 9.8 potential) and having it show up as a 9.4 is hardly a definitive ripoff. Especially when buying from photos.

Im not saying he wasnt at fault. He was.

Im not saying he shouldnt have offered a full refund. He should have.

Im not excusing his dragging this out. He should have addressed your PMs promptly

Im just saying there's a bit of a gap between what may just be a combination of poor grading, poor handling/packing, and a lack of customer service versus active malicious attempts to defraud someone.

Zombizzy took his public beating, got well shamed, and we have page upon page of his shortfalls. He is (now) making you whole with a refund.

in the vein of sPb's post, take a breath and move on.

Hi Greatgoogamooga. I am a bit confused. I opened the poll at 12:10am on July 7th and closed it as 12:10am on July 8th. It was a 24 hour period so I am not sure how it was a 2 day poll. It was my impression that a HoS nomination required a 24 hour vote. If my understanding was wrong than my apologies and please let me know how long it should be. On a different note, now that the poll is closed, the vote clearly is in favor of zombizzy not being added to the HoS list and the issue is now closed.

Hi Jaybuck

The poll was closed when I first saw it so I only had date stamps to go by. It was posted 7/6 12:10AM EST and your remark that is will be closed 7/8 12:10AM EST, so it looked like a 2 day poll.

Anywayz, no, there is no 24 Hours Poll rule for HOS. We leave it up for a few days at least to give everyone a chance to review etc. Especially on a holiday weekend when many folks are away or not on the boards as much.

You can read the full set of rules here about the PL and HOS.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=4949997#Post4949997

:hi:

selling a book as a 9.6 (with 9.8 potential) and having it show up as a 9.4 is hardly a definitive ripoff. Especially when buying from photos.

Im not excusing his dragging this out. He should have addressed your PMs promptly

Im just saying there's a bit of a gap between what may just be a combination of poor grading, poor handling/packing, and a lack of customer service versus active malicious attempts to defraud someone.

Zombizzy took his public beating, got well shamed, and we have page upon page of his shortfalls. He is (now) making you whole with a refund.

+1

Hi Greatgoogamooga. I am a bit confused. I opened the poll at 12:10am on July 7th and closed it as 12:10am on July 8th. It was a 24 hour period so I am not sure how it was a 2 day poll. It was my impression that a HoS nomination required a 24 hour vote. If my understanding was wrong than my apologies and please let me know how long it should be. On a different note, now that the poll is closed, the vote clearly is in favor of zombizzy not being added to the HoS list and the issue is now closed.

Hi Jaybuck

The poll was closed when I first saw it so I only had date stamps to go by. It was posted 7/6 12:10AM EST and your remark that is will be closed 7/8 12:10AM EST, so it looked like a 2 day poll.

Anywayz, no, there is no 24 Hours Poll rule for HOS. We leave it up for a few days at least to give everyone a chance to review etc. Especially on a holiday weekend when many folks are away or not on the boards as much.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=4949997#Post4949997

We may have to put Greatgoogamooga on the Probation List for his continual changing of his board name. hm

:slapfight:

Hi Jaybuck

We may have to put Greatgoogamooga on the Probation List for his continual changing of his board name. hm

:slapfight:

I miss POV ... much easier to type :sorry:

Brock, the first thing I thought of when I saw YOUR post was...why on earth does he still have those books?...after all, if the guy is forgiven, that's it...forgive him.

I still have the books b/c I've been busy/lazy and haven't shipped them back.

Want to get the torches and pitchforks after me, go ahead. I also waited 3+ months for a refund so if he can't wait 2ish weeks for the books to be returned, then so be it. Last time I checked the "unofficial" rule was 30 days. I've still got 14.

And I'm mailing the books back Priority, whereas he mailed them media.

You are taking my post the wrong way, I was agreeing with you as far as returning the books, but I was using you as an example of why YOU were right with A. Romeo ;)

I understand you not rushing, but you were chastising him for something you obviously felt upset about as well, otherwise why mention the months?

Edit, this probably made no sense to anyone but me...;) I am just glad you are both getting your funds back and I am glad to see that Zombizzy is moving forward...and I agree with Miraclemet...no point in going on or everyone chastising each other any longer.

(worship)

I miss POV ... much easier to type :sorry:

But impossible to search on due to the minimum 4 characters in a search. I know it is more difficult to type but just call me Googa. Then I can search on it and see who is talking about me!

I was part of the Shame Team who got him to go back last time. :sorry: He can be GreatGoogaMooga to the world, but he's still POV to me!!

I remember how much I was tortured by the Shame Team. I caved to peer pressure. I have not been the same since. :cry: