• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

I would like to nominate BathedinFlames for the probation list because of the following:

• July 14th - he claimed a pay it forward 6th post on page 358
  • July 16th - I claimed a pay it forward from him 7th post on page 365
  • On that same page he quoted 3 business day delivery - I assumed it would take longer because he is in Canada and I'm in the US
  • Aug. 2nd - I sent him a PM asking for a tracking number - He has yet to read the PM
  • Aug 8th - I sent an email to the address listed in his profile asking for a tracking number - no reply
  • Aug 16th - I sent a 2nd email stating I would submit him for the probation list if I did not hear from him - no reply

Edited by manicnerd

Me, chiming in to let everyone know that I will be paying off the remaining $20 or $25 I owe a fellow boardie (a refund on his purchase) by Wednesday.

I believe that for you to be removed from the PL, the other party to this transaction has to post in this thread that the matter has been resolved.

I would like to nominate BathedinFlames for the probation list because of the following:

• On that same page he quoted 3 business day delivery - I assumed it would take longer because he is in Canada and I'm in the US
  • Aug. 2nd - I sent him a PM asking for a tracking number - He has yet to read the PM
  • Aug 8th - I sent an email to the address listed in his profile asking for a tracking number - no reply
  • Aug 16th - I sent a 2nd email stating I would submit him for the probation list if I did not hear from him - no reply

There is no way that PIF wildly_fanciful_statement belongs in the Probation Thread. If the PIF donkeys can't keep their junk trading escapades straight, they should start their own PIF Probation.

There is no way that PIF wildly_fanciful_statement belongs in the Probation Thread. If the PIF donkeys can't keep their junk trading escapades straight, they should start their own PIF Probation.

Rule 1d states "A Transaction between board members is not confined to the CGC Message Boards. Any transaction between forum members, regardless of the venue, is eligible for inclusion in the PL."

Edited by manicnerd

Rule 1d states "A Transaction between board members is not confined to the CGC Message Boards. Any transaction between forum members, regardless of the venue, is eligible for inclusion in the PL."

Right. And you are trying to gig someone for not owning up to some random junk swapping deal. No one paid ANYTHING for ANYTHING. No one got ripped off. No one failed to do anything that is actionable in any civilized society.

If you want to ostracize him for the PIF community do it. But there is no way that failing to deliver stuff that no one paid for is appropriate for the PL. That is like putting the dumpster you dove in for remaindered comics on probation because there were coffee grounds on them.

I agree - this meets the definition of a transaction, any way you slice it...manicnerd gave up something of value (i.e., his PIF offer), plus paid shipping costs, I'm thinking. What's more, this transaction DID occur on the boards (although not technically a requirement, as pointed out in the rules). If you don't like the PIF vibe, that's one thing...but given that it exists, this was a "transaction."

Edited by edowens71

I agree - this meets the definition of a transaction, any way you slice it...manicnerd gave up something of value (i.e., his PIF offer), plus paid shipping costs, I'm thinking. What's more, this transaction DID occur on the boards (although not technically a requirement, as pointed out in the rules). If you don't like the PIF vibe, that's one thing...but given that it exists, this was a transaction.

How has the complainer been damaged? They can skip the "offender" and go right to the next selection.

I agree - this meets the definition of a transaction, any way you slice it...manicnerd gave up something of value (i.e., his PIF offer), plus paid shipping costs, I'm thinking. What's more, this transaction DID occur on the boards (although not technically a requirement, as pointed out in the rules). If you don't like the PIF vibe, that's one thing...but given that it exists, this was a transaction.

How has the complainer been damaged? They can skip the "offender" and go right to the next selection.

I claimed a PIF of 5 spidey comics (2 early ASMs) and then sent out 75 mylar archives and 3 tpbs plus shipping. The offer I claimed never arrived.

And thanks for calling me a "complainer".

Edited by manicnerd

hm Good point...although, based on the thread, looks like manicnerd paid for shipping. Seems like it's more about the point of the matter...there's a board member who didn't hold up his end of a deal, so wouldn't we want that person officially on the list - that would be in all of our interests, right?

I claimed a PIF of 5 spidey comics (2 early ASMs) and then sent out 75 mylar archives and 3 tpbs plus shipping. The offer I claimed never arrived.

What are you, if not a complainer? It's not like I called you a whiny . True or false - You can claim whatever you want and skip the "offender."

He didn't call you "A" complainer. He called you "the" complainer.

It's not an adjective in this usage. It's being used as a noun, like "plaintiff" or "appellant".

hm Good point...although, based on the thread, looks like manicnerd paid for shipping. Seems like it's more about the point of the matter...there's a board member who didn't hold up his end of a deal, so wouldn't we want that person officially on the list - that would be in all of our interests, right?

PIF has been a trainwreck on several occasions. All I am suggesting is that they handle their own business there, and not gum up the real PL.

The definition of Transaction:

Noun

1) An instance of buying or selling something; a business deal.

2) The action of conducting business.

My understanding of PIF and please correct me if I am wrong is that anyone is free to claim anything offered and have it sent to them at no cost and that the claimer SHOULD but is not required to post something of equal value at some later point for others to claim. There does not have to be any trading back and forth with the original poster and the claimer (i.e. person a offers, person B claims and offers, and person C claims Person's B's offer). Hence there is no buying or selling taking place nor is there any business going on. I agree with Sean, it should be kept out of the PL, and have its own separate area.

What are you, if not a complainer? It's not like I called you a whiny . True or false - You can claim whatever you want and skip the "offender."

False.

False.

Explain why.

Noun

My understanding of PIF and please correct me if I am wrong is that anyone is free to claim anything offered and have it sent to them at no cost and that the claimer SHOULD but is not required to post something of equal value at some later point for others to claim. There does not have to be any trading back and forth with the original poster and the claimer (i.e. person a offers, person B claims and offers, and person C claims Person's B's offer). Hence there is no buying or selling taking place nor is there any business going on. I agree with Sean, it should be kept out of the PL, and have its own separate area.

Person A offers something, person B claims it and then must offer something, person C then claims person B's offer and now must offer something. There is only 1 offer at a time and the person that takes must then offer something up.

BathedinFlames took an offer (a bunch of Green Lanterns) and then posted an offer. I claimed it and then posted my offer. I sent my offer out (paid shipping - $11.80) and received nothing from BathedinFlames.

Edited by manicnerd

Interesting technicalities involved here...could be argued either way. All I was saying is that if boardie A committed to sending boardie B some comic books (for whatever reason) and boardie A failed to honor that commitment, I wouldn't want boardie A participating in the marketplace until his/her commitment was honored...I don't care whether the commitment was made in the marketplace, the PIF thread, or out on the street.

So let me get this straight. If someone comes in the PIF thread and steals from another member, you don't want the thief put on the probation thread? You'd rather risk that same thief coming and stealing later in real money transactions?

Yep that's a good idea.

Noun

Person A offers something, person B claims it and then must offer something, person C then claims person B's offer and now must offer something. There is only 1 offer at a time and the person that takes must then offer something up.

BathedinFlames took an offer (a bunch of Green Lanterns) and then posted an offer. I claimed it and then posted my offer. I sent my offer out (paid shipping - $11.80) and received nothing from BathedinFlames.

I think I understand it a little better now. There is more of a quid pro quo than I thought there was. I still don't think it belongs in the PL. Have your own PIF banned list.