• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

He committed to buying in early June my ASM 300-9.8 and 121-9.0.

He says sorry but someone offered him an Iron Man 1-9.0 for a great price so he will have to pass on my books.

This scenario sounds like it might qualify for PL nomination proceedings...am I right? hm

outside of these 2 deals (one of which was concluded with Gambit), I concluded several other deals with plenty of people on the boards, over thousands of dollars.

Not to mention the number of books I've sold on here to plenty of people without a single issue.

Edited by jsilverjanet

He says sorry but someone offered him an Iron Man 1-9.0 for a great price so he will have to pass on my books.

This scenario sounds like it might qualify for PL nomination proceedings...am I right? hm

outside of these 2 deals (one of which was concluded with Gambit), I concluded several other deals with plenty of people on the boards, over thousands of dollars.

Not to mention the number of books I've sold on here to plenty of people without a single issue.

Might as well make these right, and keep that streak alive. :shrug:

Might as well make these right, and keep that streak alive. :shrug:

Last message I got from Ed gave me the impression that I could not and should not contact him further for any more purchases so I decide to leave him alone. The last thing I wanted to upset him further.

I am still in the market for the books. It's up to Ed.

Edited by jsilverjanet

Having been on this discussion thread twice in the past week is not the best for me and my business (I'm sure I'm feeling the effects of it now). Not everything is as black/white as the words on these threads make it out to be.

Like I said I've concluded many deals as both a buyer and a seller, though my feedback doesn't show it, I've yet to upset anyone (and not fixed, i.e. Gambit) until now.

It's very easy to get pegged as someone without the entire basis of the facts. None of the things Ed has said is untrue and I cannot dispute his perception of the events. He's right.

However am I the only one that's ever done that? Doesn't stuff happen to all of you?. I honestly didn't think we had a handshake on that deal, but if we did then I screwed up. Like I said I got the impression I shouldn't even attempt to work out a deal etc.

If so then go ahead add me to the PL list and let me know what I need to get removed.

Having been on this discussion thread twice in the past week is not the best for me and my business (I'm sure I'm feeling the effects of it now). Not everything is as black/white as the words on these threads make it out to be.

Like I said I've concluded many deals as both a buyer and a seller, though my feedback doesn't show it, I've yet to upset anyone (and not fixed, i.e. Gambit) until now.

It's very easy to get pegged as someone without the entire basis of the facts. None of the things Ed has said is untrue and I cannot dispute his perception of the events. He's right.

However am I the only one that's ever done that? Doesn't stuff happen to all of you?. I honestly didn't think we had a handshake on that deal, but if we did then I screwed up. Like I said I got the impression I shouldn't even attempt to work out a deal etc.

If so then go ahead add me to the PL list and let me know what I need to get removed.

It shouldn't be all that confusing. If you say "I'll take it" then you're on the hook. If you reneg, the seller is free to bring it up here and eventually put you on the PL. To get off, you have to work it out with the seller. If the seller doesn't want to work it out...well, we'll cross that bridge when we come to it.

Since the accepted standards here seem to vary from other places I B/S/T I would appreciate the opinion of the folks that have been around these fine parts for a bit.

After purchasing an item what is the acceptable time to wait before filing a Paypal claim if you do not receive the item you purchased?

I have been communicating with the seller, but his replies are delayed, and at this point some simple things just don't add up. In my opinion his general lack of concern regarding the alleged "lost" package is concerning.

Before I get blasted, I understand "things" happen. I think anyone who I have purchased from on here would agree I am a good buyer, I simply ask for a tracking number if I haven't received my items within a week or so. I hope that isn't asking for to much? I just do not go to my PO Box everyday and I don't like having packages sitting in the post office waiting for me.

Thank you for your input. I apologize in advance if I am just being paranoid, or impatient by the standards on here, that is why I am asking.

Edited by Realkenadams

Post go bye-bye?

initial frustration post was only going to make this worse. I have sent a PM to Ed (robocard) and asked him to go ahead and nominate me if he thinks it's warranted and to let me know what I can do to fix things.

Paypal gives you what, 45 days to file a claim?

Correct, does that mean 45 days is acceptable here to ship an item to your buyer?

Have you contacted the seller? If the seller is unresponsive I would file soon. If there is a specific reason i.e. seller is on vacation etc and they have responded with a mail date then I would wait (as long as I'm in that 45 day window).

Having gone through the PayPal process I would say it takes time for investigation etc to conclude so I would file sooner than later

Correct, does that mean 45 days is acceptable here to ship an item to your buyer?

Nope, we've got a 30 day rule for a transaction to be completed. As long as it doesn't mess with your ability to file a Paypal claim, I kinda think you should wait the 30 days from the date of y'allses transaction, if you can dig it.

Nope, we've got a 30 day rule for a transaction to be completed. As long as it doesn't mess with your ability to file a Paypal claim, I kinda think you should wait the 30 days from the date of y'allses transaction, if you can dig it.

Thank you, I will wait until day 30. Not that far off anyway.

It shouldn't be all that confusing. If you say "I'll take it" then you're on the hook. If you reneg, the seller is free to bring it up here and eventually put you on the PL. To get off, you have to work it out with the seller. If the seller doesn't want to work it out...well, we'll cross that bridge when we come to it.

Per our PM discussion, Hector has agreed to mail a check next Friday for the ASM 121. I will update this thread to let all know once resolved.

Ed

Per our PM discussion, Hector has agreed to mail a check next Friday for the ASM 121. I will update this thread to let all know once resolved.

Ed

Hector is a good stand up guy and will make good on his word. I've dealt with him in the past and he's got my upmost respect.

However am I the only one that's ever done that? Doesn't stuff happen to all of you?

Truthfully, no. I think you're apologizing because you're in trouble, not because you think you did anything wrong. If you have no regard for the person on the other side of a deal, that scares me enough not to conduct business with you in the future.

However am I the only one that's ever done that? Doesn't stuff happen to all of you?

Truthfully, no. I think you're apologizing because you're in trouble, not because you think you did anything wrong. If you have no regard for the person on the other side of a deal, that scares me enough not to conduct business with you in the future.

Listen I'm trying to fix the situation with Ed. I reached out to him, even said to him to nominate me if he wanted to. I apologized to him directly for the things I said and did. We are working things out now.

Edited by jsilverjanet