• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

You people what SC1 to come here to hear his thoughts and then you ask why is he here?

Imo Branget has made some excellent points.

Only ONE person said "Why are you here" with his post. So let's not go overboard and make it sound like everyone told him to hit the road.

It is HOW he came on today that again showed he had no remorse.

Dude relax, take a deep breath in and then out..... I am not defending what he posted, and if you read some of the posts you will see that it is more than one person.......

You have been his worst critic and your real dislike for SC1 is really evident. I also think he did have remorse in his apology.

Tip: When you're considering posting sarcastic little digs like that, give it a minute, then don't. They never win you any friends, nor do they help to get your point across.

Really Speedy? I have seen digs and sarcastic remarks all over the place, especially with the meme stuff.

Yes, really. Take the advice or don't, but I'm telling you that if you start off sarcastic, your target audience is much more likely to reply with a "*spoon* you" than to take the time to read and digest the rest of what you have to say. As for memes and whatnot, I'm not saying you're a criminal or the most sarcastic person around, just pointing something out to you.

The same handful of boardies have been posting in this thread all day. Seems like a BIG waste of everyone's time to me...

Thanks for your opinion! I for one am glad a lot here dont think this way, though.

:)

-slym

How would you know who else thinks this way?? I have read this all day and they same folks seem to be going back and forth. That leaves about 99.999% of boardies whose opinion on this topic we don't know.

Holy Cow!!!

How many people are on these boards?

Maybe there will be a poll that will clear up how they think.

Forum Stats

25451 Members

68 Forums

314193 Topics

7251934 Posts

You do realize, that out of those "25451" members on the boards, that about 23,000 of those "board members" are various shills for Stu, right? :baiting:

:roflmao:

lol

What is this nonsense going on?

Why are members being hastily added to these lists only to be removed with a poll a few weeks later.? You realize this will renderer them completely useless in short order.

I used to trust that sufficient vetting took place prior to POV and usually only POV adding someone to the list. This current system of arbitrary polls and immediate additions is ridiculous and it will erode any weight that that these lists used to carry.

If someone can honestly be removed from the PL let alone HOS a month after their addition it stands to reason that their original placement was b.s.

You people what SC1 to come here to hear his thoughts and then you ask why is he here?

Only ONE person said "Why are you here" with his post. So let's not go overboard and make it sound like everyone told him to hit the road.

Dude relax, take a deep breath in and then out..... I am not defending what he posted, and if you read some of the posts you will see that it is more than one person.......

You have been his worst critic and your real dislike for SC1 is really evident. I also think he did have remorse in his apology.

Tip: When you're considering posting sarcastic little digs like that, give it a minute, then don't. They never win you any friends, nor do they help to get your point across.

Really Speedy? I have seen digs and sarcastic remarks all over the place, especially with the meme stuff.

Yes, really. Take the advice or don't, but I'm telling you that if you start off sarcastic, your target audience is much more likely to reply with a "*spoon* you" than to take the time to read and digest the rest of what you have to say. As for memes and whatnot, I'm not saying you're a criminal or the most sarcastic person around, just pointing something out to you.

So he tells me to *spoon* off big deal, I have been told worse. Look at some of the things that have been said on these boards. How many times have you seen someone post "suck it"? As a noob coming on to these boards and you see some of the comments that have been posted, a person is not sure if that person was serious or sarcastic. Some of this particular persons posts I find sort of amusing, so I take it with a grain of salt.

Menace is the only person ever removed from the HoS as far as I know, and his being on there was a mistake.

Not sure it's accurate to say there was a mistake. People voted, then there was more discussion and people were asked if they still felt the same after the discussion; they didn't. That means they changed their minds, not that a mistake was made.

(OK, one guy did come on and say he didn't really understand the PL/HoS - begging the question why he bothered sticking his oar in in the first place, but other than that...)

So he tells me to *spoon* off big deal, I have been told worse. Look at some of the things that have been said on these boards. How many times have you seen someone post "suck it"? As a noob coming on to these boards and you see some of the comments that have been posted, a person is not sure if that person was serious or sarcastic. Some of this particular persons posts I find sort of amusing, so I take it with a grain of salt.

Okie doke.

Menace is the only person ever removed from the HoS as far as I know, and his being on there was a mistake.

Not sure it's accurate to say there was a mistake. People voted, then there was more discussion and people were asked if they still felt the same after the discussion; they didn't. That means they changed their minds, not that a mistake was made.

(OK, one guy did come on and say he didn't really understand the PL/HoS - begging the question why he bothered sticking his oar in in the first place, but other than that...)

It's accurate. It was a mistake.

3124962-not+sure+if+serious+zod.gif

:baiting:

I get where Speedy is coming from. Stating "take a breather" wasn't necessary. Hado and I were going through all the posts and details related to Solarcadet without making it personal. He realized afterwards there was more said by Solarcadet than he even originally thought, including not caring about being in the HOS.

Being a vet, I didn't care about Solarcadet using the "died due to his military service" lie. Making a joke about Slym's unemployment situation only added to the experience. But I really do not even know Solarcadet enough as a person to dislike him. It's his actions that are the only public representation of "him" right now. For all I know, he could be experiencing something in his life that isn't making him think straight. I wouldn't know that, as after the lie about his father, it makes it difficult to believe any statement about now his dad is really close to passing.

(shrug)

How so? There was a vote, within the rules, which resulted in enough votes to get him put in the HoS.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think Menace should be in the HoS, but I'm not sure I see how you can say it was a mistake that he was put in.

Why are members being hastily added to these lists only to be removed with a poll a few weeks later.? You realize this will renderer them completely useless in short order.

I used to trust that sufficient vetting took place prior to POV and usually only POV adding someone to the list. This current system of arbitrary polls and immediate additions is ridiculous and it will erode any weight that that these lists used to carry.

If someone can honestly be removed from the PL let alone HOS a month after their addition it stands to reason that their original placement was b.s.

MikeNYC,

This is what i argued. I will take my scarlet letter but it really dilutes the effectiveness of the HOS. I stole and took no money. The lynchmob jumped all over therefore the sheeps and peeps followed with a vote. i made a effort apologize with some saying it wasnt good enough so i cant really do anything else about it.

People knowingly are doing trades with me so the HOS is a little diluted with the trigger happy mob.

Again, ill take my lumps and will stick to the forum rules while a few troll me with attempts to further shame me.

I get where Speedy is coming from. Stating "take a breather" wasn't necessary. Hado and I were going through all the posts and details related to Solarcadet without making it personal. He realized afterwards there was more said by Solarcadet than he even originally thought, including not caring about being in the HOS.

Being a vet, I didn't care about Solarcadet using the "died due to his military service" lie. Making a joke about Slym's unemployment situation only added to the experience. But I really do not even know Solarcadet enough as a person to dislike him. It's his actions that are the only public representation of "him" right now. For all I know, he could be experiencing something in his life that isn't making him think straight. I wouldn't know that, as after the lie about his father, it makes it difficult to believe any statement about now his dad is really close to passing.

(shrug)

Dude, now that is something I agree with... I am also a vet and my father in-law was the National Commander for the Purple Heart Assoc. so that lie hit more home to me. I also do understand about Slym's unemployment not being a joking matter. Also his last statement about his father and his illness a person does not know if real or another lie.

How so? There was a vote, within the rules, which resulted in enough votes to get him put in the HoS.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think Menace should be in the HoS, but I'm not sure I see how you can say it was a mistake that he was put in.

I think you have two different topics here. You agree he should not have been placed in the HOS but claim there was no error because there was a vote within the rules. He was placed in the HOS in error. I am not referring to whether the rules were followed to place him there.

MikeNYC,

This is what i argued. I will take my scarlet letter but it really dilutes the effectiveness of the HOS. I stole and took no money. The lynchmob jumped all over therefore the sheeps and peeps followed with a vote. i made a effort apologize with some saying it wasnt good enough so i cant really do anything else about it.

People knowingly are doing trades with me so the HOS is a little diluted with the trigger happy mob.

Again, ill take my lumps and will stick to the forum rules while a few troll me with attempts to further shame me.

Now I understand. You're the victim in all of this, a victim of misunderstanding.

Please accept my apology.

The lynchmob jumped all over therefore the sheeps and peeps followed with a vote. i made a effort apologize with some saying it wasnt good enough so i cant really do anything else about it.

I feel bad for you, as I don't think you realize how making statements like this detracts from any sincerity meant or attempted.

Honestly, have a discussion with Hado. He'll help you understand better. Maybe then coming from a trusted source the information will sink in.

I think you have two different topics here. You agree he should not have been placed in the HOS but claim there was no error because there was a vote within the rules. He was placed in the HOS in error. I am not referring to whether the rules were followed to place him there.

I didn't even think it was worth responding to, it was so far afield from what is normally considered HOS material. That was my mistake. A fee-less marketplace, and the prominence of the Boards based upon google metrics draws people in here like flies on a piece of bread.

For a while, I considered all of the hubbub to white noise. But you can't really avoid it anymore. And you can just about guarantee that a certain percentage of every influx is going to be flakes.

As I said earlier in this thread or the other, the marketplace is still one of the greatest places to buy and sell. It is no longer "our little secret," and everyone has to deal with that. It is incumbent upon everyone to make sure that your voice is heard, because the theory that something could be so silly that it won't get any traction is long gone.

MikeNYC,

Do you realize that calling people sheep implies that they are incapable of having independent thought? Not exactly a favorable statement toward fellow board members.

(shrug)

Dude, now that is something I agree with... I am also a vet and my father in-law was the National Commander for the Purple Heart Assoc. so that lie hit more home to me. I also do understand about Slym's unemployment not being a joking matter. Also his last statement about his father and his illness a person does not know if real or another lie.

I know, as a parent, I would be thrilled if one of my children was trying to use a purported life threatening illness as some sort of a bargaining chip.

Do you realize that calling people sheep implies that they are incapable of having independent thought? Not exactly a favorable statement toward fellow board members.

That was why I posted this to be helpful more than assuming it is an attack.

The lynchmob jumped all over therefore the sheeps and peeps followed with a vote. i made a effort apologize with some saying it wasnt good enough so i cant really do anything else about it.

I feel bad for you, as I don't think you realize how making statements like this detracts from any sincerity meant or attempted.

Honestly, have a discussion with Hado. He'll help you understand better. Maybe then coming from a trusted source the information will sink in.

After reading some of his posts, I have to assume Solarcadet has no idea how these statements kill his attempt at getting off a list he recently said he doesn't care about. That's where I think Hado talking with him can help. Or not.