• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

Stupid or not, it appears that the community as a whole has decided that enough is enough and the HOS nomination has been put to a vote.

If you believe that being "stupid and lazy" isn't HOS worthy, then vote no.

If you believe that a clear pattern has emerged and he's fully aware of his actions, then vote yes.

It's fairly straight forward. No need to bicker back and forth. Let democracy do its thing and either keep him or excommunicate him.

Either way, we will all live. Crazy this first world problems we face on a daily basis!

That's how you know we aren't busy hunting and gathering food or searching for water.

Life is good when this is what we fight about.

The plus side is, Symbi's agreed to a self-ban regardless of the poll results.

If he's simply not bright and misunderstood then we can rely on his word to be his bond....this time. lol

I agree....its better to live in the first world than the third.

And I'm not defending the guy's actions. I think its sad that it's come to this as the HOS should be reserved for the truly scummy guys; red rocks comes to mind.

And honestly when you think about it, maybe solarcadet1 shouldn't be in the HOS...but I digress.

If the self-ban holds up for....at least a year, I'd say he's served enough punishment.

I do have a question for the community: Should there be a way to get yourself removed from the HOS?

B/c ultimately, once a criminal serves his time, he gets his freedom back

To get to the HOS you need to have repeatedly done something wrong, or done something incredibly bad to get there. So there are many many ways to avoid the HOS. If you got there you got there on your own steam with plenty of chances to catch a detour away from Ban-Town.

Once a criminal serves his time he gets his freedom back because there is a basic right to liberty that is absent from a comic book message board that is a privilege to belong to and not a right.

Also there are those states with "three strikes" laws that would debate you on whether or not repeat offenders "get their freedom back". lol

And I'm not defending the guy's actions. I think its sad that it's come to this as the HOS should be reserved for the truly scummy guys; red rocks comes to mind.

And honestly when you think about it, maybe solarcadet1 shouldn't be in the HOS...but I digress.

So the guy isn't scummy because he doesn't dink around with expensive books, only cheap ones? What if he was selling an Action #1 but used a reprint as a stock photo?

And solarcadet1 definitely deserves his lumps.

If only HOS member could get banned so he wouldn't have to quote me and talk at me every time I make a post he's interested in. :wishluck:

Value of books makes no difference. I can think of worse things that have gone "unpunished."

Poverty Row is going to come back to this thread and be very, very angry.

Almost everyone is discussing the HOS nomination. (shrug)

Everyone is discussing the philosophy behind the nomination and implications of how he listed his book. I figure that'd be a general discussion item. There is so much discussion about the right and wrong ethics of what this clown did, I can't even find the discussion for a guy put on the PL three days ago who's name *isn't* Symbiotic.

Plus, Park/Logan/Whomever and Brock are going at it, using the HOS nomination topic to air their personal disgruntlements, with a Jeffro V Fingh undercard.

I don't care either way, it's all entertainment. Just making an observation from what Pov said earlier.

Plus, Park/Logan/Whomever and Brock are going at it, using the HOS nomination topic to air their personal disgruntlements, with a Jeffro V Fingh undercard.

My scorecard is reading differently, that's what I get buying from the cheaper guy on the corner! :ohnoez:

My scorecard is reading differently, that's what I get buying from the cheaper guy on the corner! :ohnoez:

I told you to go for the box seats!

Sometimes I do forget my manners. But I don't think Jeff meant that for me. lol If so, it will help me continue to make good manners a point of emphasis.

I was hurt and shocked and offended and hurt.

I read that as "Lunch punch to the snack".

I think I'm going to try and sell that to Oscar Meyer, I think it's got potential as a tagline for Lunchables.

How can anyone read the list of asshatery this guy has committed that Harvey laid out for everyone to see...and find ANY way to defend or justify this clown?

As usual, you have not even read my post paying attention to what I said.

If you feel like you can insult another person, whatever the reason, I have more reasons to defend a burglar (just an example) than I would have to defend you anyway.

Is there anyone you Jesus freaks won't defend?

How can anyone read the list of asshatery this guy has committed that Harvey laid out for everyone to see...and find ANY way to defend or justify this clown?

If you feel like you can insult another person, whatever the reason, I have more reasons to defend a burglar (just an example) than I would have to defend you anyway.

Amen!

Tiny?

I don't care either way, it's all entertainment. Just making an observation from what Pov said earlier.

lol

I am so awesome I can "go at it" with someone without actually making a post.

Eat it losers. :acclaim:

So we had racist comments earlier today aimed at Symbiotic, and now this guy comes along with anti-religious comments?

Anyone want to discuss comic books? :idea:

Sometimes I do forget my manners. But I don't think Jeff meant that for me. lol If so, it will help me continue to make good manners a point of emphasis.

I like you.

lol

I am so awesome I can "go at it" with someone without actually making a post.

I can't keep you guys straight. I swear, it's like watching wrestling around here. Some guy talks on the microphone, some guy runs in and smacks him with a chair. Some guy is off on the side screaming color commentary.