• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

I get all of your points. I'm not saying that he did the right thing. I am only saying I don't think there was malice or intent to deceive. I also agree that he is a screwup that probably deserves to be on the HoS. There are consequences for screwing up, regardless of intent.

How do you KNOW that??? Look at the history and tell me there was no intent to deceive and it was just a "stupid mistake".

The bleeding hearts are out in force today :sick:

I'm not a bleeding heart. The guy obviously wants to sell stuff and if he had succeeded in "conning" someone with this picture, the boards would have known about it quickly and we'd be right back where we are now. The risk/reward for an extra few dollars based on PQ would not logically have been enough to attempt this con and lose future sales. Stupidity is an easier explanation than malice.

After everything he's done, I prefer to give him the benefit of the doubt and not just call him stupid.

lol

I remain undecided.

I might agree if it weren't for his "I'm a shiller, in yo face!" thread he had.

Once is a mistake, three, four, five times and you've got a pattern of behavior that it would be wise to learn from (especially when the words don't match the clear pattern of action).

This.

There is no gray area with this guy.

How can anyone read the list of asshatery this guy has committed that Harvey laid out for everyone to see...and find ANY way to defend or justify this clown?

As usual, you have not even read my post paying attention to what I said.

If you feel like you can insult another person, whatever the reason, I have more reasons to defend a burglar (just an example) than I would have to defend you anyway.

Per the usual, Logan has decided to spew negativity across the boards. He's quite the piece of work.

Had he taken the time to look at what you posted, he would see that my interaction with Drew occurred on 8/1/2012, which is basically two years ago. His misbehavior had not occurred at that time. So yes, we had a good transaction.

I've come to expect nothing less from Logan...and the other trolls she associates with.

She? Who knew.

Certainly not my wife :cool:

Where were you hiding at Heroes? :taptaptap:

Digging through Donald's long boxes of course ;)

Hope you found something noteworthy

I get all of your points. I'm not saying that he did the right thing. I am only saying I don't think there was malice or intent to deceive. I also agree that he is a screwup that probably deserves to be on the HoS. There are consequences for screwing up, regardless of intent.

How do you KNOW that??? Look at the history and tell me there was no intent to deceive and it was just a "stupid mistake".

The bleeding hearts are out in force today :sick:

I'm not a bleeding heart. The guy obviously wants to sell stuff and if he had succeeded in "conning" someone with this picture, the boards would have known about it quickly and we'd be right back where we are now. The risk/reward for an extra few dollars based on PQ would not logically have been enough to attempt this con and lose future sales. Stupidity is an easier explanation than malice.

Super Villain School is filled with dudes who all want to be the Evil Genius type Super Villain.

The "evil" part is easy. Most of them fall a few points short on the IQ portion of the exam.

As for it being him simply being stupid, however, you have to look at his pattern of easily discoverable misdeeds where he gets busted. He employs the same formula every time, and it works. He gets caught and immediately self-flagellates as penance in front of the forum, people forgive him, allowing him to weasel out of real responsibility, and he gets back to selling. He lies or messes up again, and repeats the same old saw of how wrong he knows he is, how he's going to leave, and stop selling and will accept the punishment and doesn't deserve to be here.....then does it all over again.

It may seem stupid behavior to attempt such an easily discoverable transgression, but when someone gets away with it over and over, he's succeeding in what he wants to do.

Bottom line: This act may seem separate and distinct from the others, but it really follows a set formula that Symbi's established. It's impossible for me to not see it.

If you read a lot of the posts back in November, I defended Symbiotic. He'll tell you. I had PM conversations with him because he seemed like a nice enough guy. He wrote me at length several PM's sounding VERY sincere and that he loved this place and didn't care about selling and wanted to be honest and just interact with the community.

The selling was a very small bit that wasn't important to him. So I stuck my neck out for him. As did several other members. That was in November.

Since then he has repeatedly been caught shilling, backing out of deals, and talking out of the side of his mouth.

When he originally changed his name to "Future" the first time, I was the one that advised him that if he was really sincere about coming clean - he should leave his name Symbiotic. It wouldn't matter anyway because this community is great at tracking these shysters.

Anyway, talk about egg on my face when down the road I see what he CONTINUES to do and CONTINUES to say.

May no mistake - he's NOT sorry. He does NOT care about this community. He is here for one thing and one thing only....

$

As long as people keep falling for his BS excuses and :sorry: , he'll continue on here.

I did the same and I had egg on my face for it.

Regardless of what people feel about this incident the dude is either

a) a few eggs short of a dozen

b) a con artist with a few eggs short of a dozen or

c) just messing with people for fun.

Regardless, he's not trustworthy for one of the above reasons.

Remember, I'm the guy that defends nearly everybody.

How can anyone read the list of asshatery this guy has committed that Harvey laid out for everyone to see...and find ANY way to defend or justify this clown?

If you feel like you can insult another person, whatever the reason, I have more reasons to defend a burglar (just an example) than I would have to defend you anyway.

Per the usual, Logan has decided to spew negativity across the boards. He's quite the piece of work.

Had he taken the time to look at what you posted, he would see that my interaction with Drew occurred on 8/1/2012, which is basically two years ago. His misbehavior had not occurred at that time. So yes, we had a good transaction.

I've come to expect nothing less from Logan...and the other trolls she associates with.

She? Who knew.

A strange rash was about it :(

Stupid or not, it appears that the community as a whole has decided that enough is enough and the HOS nomination has been put to a vote.

If you believe that being "stupid and lazy" isn't HOS worthy, then vote no.

If you believe that a clear pattern has emerged and he's fully aware of his actions, then vote yes.

It's fairly straight forward. No need to bicker back and forth. Let democracy do its thing and either keep him or excommunicate him.

Either way, we will all live. Crazy this first world problems we face on a daily basis!

She? Who knew.

A strange rash was about it :(

You should talk to Park about that....abstinence is a gal's best friend.

Crazy this first world problems we face on a daily basis!

The HOS is meant to prevent people from getting mistreated. I'd say the nomination is valid as Symbiotic is unable to treat people in a respectful manner as shown by his actions over many instances.

Just to echo the sentiments of POV earlier today - when this thread gets buried in personal :slapfight: the actual discussion regarding a probation nomination gets buried and lost in :blahblah:

:makepoint:

shut up n00b

Stupid or not, it appears that the community as a whole has decided that enough is enough and the HOS nomination has been put to a vote.

If you believe that a clear pattern has emerged and he's fully aware of his actions, then vote yes.

It's fairly straight forward. No need to bicker back and forth. Let democracy do its thing and either keep him or excommunicate him.

Either way, we will all live. Crazy this first world problems we face on a daily basis!

That's how you know we aren't busy hunting and gathering food or searching for water.

Life is good when this is what we fight about.

The plus side is, Symbi's agreed to a self-ban regardless of the poll results.

If he's simply not bright and misunderstood then we can rely on his word to be his bond....this time. lol

That's how you know we aren't busy hunting and gathering food or searching for water.

Life is good when this is what we fight about.

The plus side is, Symbi's agreed to a self-ban regardless of the poll results.

If he's simply not bright and misunderstood then we can rely on his word to be his bond....this time. lol

I agree....its better to live in the first world than the third.

And I'm not defending the guy's actions. I think its sad that it's come to this as the HOS should be reserved for the truly scummy guys; red rocks comes to mind.

And honestly when you think about it, maybe solarcadet1 shouldn't be in the HOS...but I digress.

If the self-ban holds up for....at least a year, I'd say he's served enough punishment.

I do have a question for the community: Should there be a way to get yourself removed from the HOS?

B/c ultimately, once a criminal serves his time, he gets his freedom back

Poverty Row is going to come back to this thread and be very, very angry.

Almost everyone is discussing the HOS nomination. (shrug)

1st world might start to feel like 3rd world if we don't do something about these scammers. (thumbs u

And I'm not defending the guy's actions. I think its sad that it's come to this as the HOS should be reserved for the truly scummy guys; red rocks comes to mind.

And honestly when you think about it, maybe solarcadet1 shouldn't be in the HOS...but I digress.

So the guy isn't scummy because he doesn't dink around with expensive books, only cheap ones? What if he was selling an Action #1 but used a reprint as a stock photo?

And solarcadet1 definitely deserves his lumps.

If only HOS members could get banned so he wouldn't have to quote me and talk at me every time I make a post he's interested in. :wishluck: