• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

Plus, Park/Logan/Whomever and Brock are going at it, using the HOS nomination topic to air their personal disgruntlements, with a Jeffro V Fingh undercard.

My scorecard is reading differently, that's what I get buying from the cheaper guy on the corner! :ohnoez:

:whee:

Was he wearing a trenchcoat and smoking cheap cigarettes?

Plus, Park/Logan/Whomever and Brock are going at it, using the HOS nomination topic to air their personal disgruntlements, with a Jeffro V Fingh undercard.

I don't care either way, it's all entertainment. Just making an observation from what Pov said earlier.

lol

I am so awesome I can "go at it" with someone without actually making a post.

I can't keep you guys straight. I swear, it's like watching wrestling around here. Some guy talks on the microphone, some guy runs in and smacks him with a chair. Some guy is off on the side screaming color commentary.

This might help.

Logan spells his name L-O-G-A-N-5-1-0 and I spell my name P-A-R-K.

Poverty Row is going to come back to this thread and be very, very angry.

Almost everyone is discussing the HOS nomination. (shrug)

Indeed the bulk is HOS and it is bringing up interesting points. I haven't voted yet. Still pondering but I see both sides, although one side is weighing a bit more than the other.

And I'm not defending the guy's actions. I think its sad that it's come to this as the HOS should be reserved for the truly scummy guys; red rocks comes to mind.

And honestly when you think about it, maybe solarcadet1 shouldn't be in the HOS...but I digress.

So the guy isn't scummy because he doesn't dink around with expensive books, only cheap ones? What if he was selling an Action #1 but used a reprint as a stock photo?

And solarcadet1 definitely deserves his lumps.

If only HOS members could get banned so he wouldn't have to quote me and talk at me every time I make a post he's interested in. :wishluck:

+1

I do NOT understand why someone on the HOS is tolerated around here.

:eyeroll:

PS. HOS votes need to be PUBLIC, not part of a "poll", in which anyone can vote, and with shill accounts.

One board member = one PUBLIC vote.

If it's good enough for Congress, it's good enough for here.

And I'm not defending the guy's actions. I think its sad that it's come to this as the HOS should be reserved for the truly scummy guys; red rocks comes to mind.

And honestly when you think about it, maybe solarcadet1 shouldn't be in the HOS...but I digress.

So the guy isn't scummy because he doesn't dink around with expensive books, only cheap ones? What if he was selling an Action #1 but used a reprint as a stock photo?

If only HOS members could get banned so he wouldn't have to quote me and talk at me every time I make a post he's interested in. :wishluck:

+1

When we as a community put someone in the HoS, it's like we kicked them off the island in Survivor. Yet the producers have decided to just let them hang around. It's odd.

Maybe I missed something, but I'll play devil's advocate on this most recent infraction:

He used an eBay picture as a "stock photo" because he had no scans available. Being primarily a modern collector, he:

- paid attention only to the number and not the PQ when selecting an image (when does PQ ever come up with moderns?).

- did not think a "stock photo" would be a problem. With moderns, you're typically dealing with 9.8s and the general feeling is that a 9.8 is a 9.8. What's the difference if it's the same exact copy or not? Plenty of sellers sell multiple copies of the same 9.8 modern using the same scan.

- did not realize that when dealing with non-modern books, people tend to "buy the book, not the grade". An actual image when dealing with an older book, especially one that is not a 9.8, is important to most.

I have nothing to say about his previous infractions, but I believe this one was just sloppiness or ignorance and that there was no intent to deceive. I think if this were a modern in 9.8 and if this was someone else, we wouldn't have an issue.

:screwy:

He's got a point - people use stock photos to sell DVDs, etc all the time. However, I think using a stock photo for something of value that is NOT YOURS and that you don't disclose that it's a stock photo - is purposefully deceptive no matter how you slice it.

I don't think that anyone familiar with these boards or CGC grading would think that posting up an expensive book that isn't yours is an acceptible business practice.

@ erazer

There is a reason each slab has a serial number. :baiting:

For you dummies:

'cause they ain't the same!

There is no reason to drag Park into your pattycake for dummies comedy abortion.

Classless comment from an classless individual.

By the way, this comment was NOT directed at fingh.

My scorecard is reading differently, that's what I get buying from the cheaper guy on the corner! :ohnoez:

No, not the Constantine look-alike flasher(scarred, scarred for life!), the kid on the crate waving his arms yelling "GETCHA PROGRAMS HEEYAA! WATCH AS BREADSTICK ARM NERDS BATTLE IT OUT! KEEP TRACK OF STU'S LATEST SHILLS! WATCH IN WONDER AS MEMES LOOK LIKE MATTRESSES, TAGS STILL ATTACHED!"! That guy.

Maybe I missed something, but I'll play devil's advocate on this most recent infraction:

He used an eBay picture as a "stock photo" because he had no scans available. Being primarily a modern collector, he:

- paid attention only to the number and not the PQ when selecting an image (when does PQ ever come up with moderns?).

- did not think a "stock photo" would be a problem. With moderns, you're typically dealing with 9.8s and the general feeling is that a 9.8 is a 9.8. What's the difference if it's the same exact copy or not? Plenty of sellers sell multiple copies of the same 9.8 modern using the same scan.

- did not realize that when dealing with non-modern books, people tend to "buy the book, not the grade". An actual image when dealing with an older book, especially one that is not a 9.8, is important to most.

I have nothing to say about his previous infractions, but I believe this one was just sloppiness or ignorance and that there was no intent to deceive. I think if this were a modern in 9.8 and if this was someone else, we wouldn't have an issue.

Had he said "My book isn't this one, but it's the same grade" that would make sense.

However, he was selling a slab. Slabs have their own serial number. White page (bronze and earlier) slabs sell at a premium. To Slab buyers the wrap matters, the visible defects matter, the date of certification (research-able through the serial number) could even matter.

He simply listed the book, as if it was his, when he knew it wasn't and without disclosure of any kind.

I agree if it was a raw modern that it wouldn't be a problem. It's a problem because it's a slab and a $400 one. Any slab sale that uses a stolen scan is going to be a problem whether it's a modern or and oldie.

Please also note that he was mentioning the book had not been pressed and would press higher - how would a potential buyer determine that off a stock photo

lollollol

:facepalm:

+1

:gossip: Invigorating pamphlets

+1

When we as a community put someone in the HoS, it's like we kicked them off the island in Survivor. Yet the producers have decided to just let them hang around. It's odd.

Ratings

Ok can I change the subject from Symbiotic to Jimmy Linguini?

I'm not sure what to do in this situation.

So someone bought a CGC slab from me in November 7 of 2013 on ebay. I was contacted for the first time June 26 on the boards to be alerted that the item did not arrive.

The buyer lives in Germany. I had $100 insurance on the package but the window to make a claim through Canada Post is 4 months and tracking is not provided.

Now the slab was $49.99 and I'm assuming shipping was around $35.

What do I do in this situation?

had the buyer contacted me sooner I could have been recouped through insurance however now that the buyer waited 8 months I lose the book and any money I send to them as a refund? (even though I covered myself getting insurance?!)

Ok can I change the subject from Symbiotic to Jimmy Linguini?

I'm not sure what to do in this situation.

So someone bought a CGC slab from me in November 7 of 2013 on ebay. I was contacted for the first time June 26 on the boards to be alerted that the item did not arrive.

The buyer lives in Germany. I had $100 insurance on the package but the window to make a claim through Canada Post is 4 months and tracking is not provided.

Now the slab was $49.99 and I'm assuming shipping was around $35.

What do I do in this situation?

had the buyer contacted me sooner I could have been recouped through insurance however now that the buyer waited 8 months I lose the book and any money I send to them as a refund? (even though I covered myself getting insurance?!)

Never, ever ship overseas for one. Like you said, no tracking, that's a major problem. He could be staring at the book right now and you would have no way of knowing. That sucks man.

No, not the Constantine look-alike flasher(scarred, scarred for life!), the kid on the crate waving his arms yelling "GETCHA PROGRAMS HEEYAA! WATCH AS BREADSTICK ARM NERDS BATTLE IT OUT! KEEP TRACK OF STU'S LATEST SHILLS! WATCH IN WONDER AS MEMES LOOK LIKE MATTRESSES, TAGS STILL ATTACHED!"! That guy.

I love that guy although he needs some sunblock and some shoe lifts.