• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

I am nominating sslim66 for NOT PAYING for a DD1 Graded 6.5 I sold him on Date: June 6th 2014 which I have documented in an email agreed to by both of us.

I have sent him a PM informing him of this nomination tonight, moments ago!

He was supposed to pay the remaining balance DATE Within 2 months from taking possession of the book which was : Date: June 6th 2014

So by Aug. 6th the DD1 should have been paid off!!!

More than fair and I gave him the book in the interim as a show of good faith, and a book he personally coveted and chose and had me hold for him that he picked out months before the purchase, again as a show of good faith.

I have sent him a PM informing him of this nomination. He broke his word, his TRUST with me, and I am confident when the board looks at the documentation, the PL list is the only way to get sslim66 to honor his agreements, and not steal from any other board members.

Stay safe everyone, it may be too late for me in this case, but I wanted to forewarn my fellow community. Many thanks for your time in advance and any help you may provide in achieving restitution and/or ending the scam I have unwittingly fallen into, simply by offering sslim66 my trust. BEWARE!

Regrettably but sincerely,

strummer2

:bump:

This is from back on September 29, 2014. strummer2 just PMed me to tell me the list was never updated - this happened around the time of another A-DONIS sighting in the probation discussion thread so it appears to have slipped through the cracks. I'm adding his name to the list now.

Just for the record for comment in the Probation Discussion thread that I STILL have not received $667 ($557 delinquent payment owed plus a $100 Late FEE Matt Glaspie, known as Slimm66, lukecage81 and by hcaworker for a total of $667 or my DD1 6.5 back from this guy.

Slimm66 and his aliases lukecage81 and by hcaworker, all have never responded to my 100s of pm's, phone calls and emails. I am now working on taking Matt Glaspie to small claims courts for his bad debts.

I think probation list is not strong enough and recommend HOS as he tried to buy other books on these boards using his aliases while he dodged paying me the $667 he owed me on my book for months.

In my opinion, he is a danger to the decent members of our CGC boards!

Wow, 15 shills. This guy keeps it together. Maybe he really has cured 60% cancer. Or he is cancer. I can never get that one straight
They cured 60% when they kicked him from the team.

14. I voted "No" in protest of some of the points made in the original HOS nomination which had absolutely nothing to do with comic selling, scams etc. and, in my opinion, denigrated the intent of the HOS. If some of those criteria were actually valid there would be more people on HOS than the PL.

Stupid question and I should know but what are the different ramifications between PL and HOS other than greater shame? Once on HOS, is there no remedy like there is for PL which is to make things right with the wronged party(s) and have them then give tye thumbs up for removal? Is banning a requirement to put on HOS which I don't think it is?

I look at them the same as far as who I am willing with.

Stupid question and I should know but what are the different ramifications between PL and HOS other than greater shame? Once on HOS, is there no remedy like there is for PL which is to make things right with the wronged party(s) and have them then give tye thumbs up for removal? Is banning a requirement to put on HOS which I don't think it is?

Banning someone is not a requirement for HOS. I think you are more or less correct - the practical effect is similar whether you are on the HOS or PL...that is, you are supposed to be shunned in the marketplace.

As you point out, the other noteworthy difference is that we have not codified a route to removal from the HOS...once you are on there, you are seemingly stuck there forever. Perhaps if we are no longer reserving the HOS for the all-time villains, we should think about formulating a path for HOS removal...perhaps, a similar majority voting process.

While they are the same in the sense that people on either list should be "refused service" so to speak in the sales area, they are not meant to be the same in the big picture of standing in the community.

Someone on the PL can be there simply because they made an honest mistake, or messed up in a minor sense, and haven't met an obligation. By meeting the obligation they can come off the PL and start again. It is not punishment and whether its judgment depends on the case.

The HoS is more like "high crimes and misdemeanors" of the kind that mark a Board member as unworthy of the community. It can only come about by a majority vote and it can only be removed by a majority vote.

Wow, 15 shills. This guy keeps it together. Maybe he really has cured 60% cancer. Or he is cancer. I can never get that one straight
They cured 60% when they kicked him from the team.

14. I voted "No" in protest of some of the points made in the original HOS nomination which had absolutely nothing to do with comic selling, scams etc. and, in my opinion, denigrated the intent of the HOS. If some of those criteria were actually valid there would be more people on HOS than the PL.

Falling on deaf ears I'm afraid. :(

Or is it blind eyes? hm

Both.

Also delight in being part of a mob. Being able to relinquish the effort of thinking for oneself.

While they are the same in the sense that people on either list should be "refused service" so to speak in the sales area, they are not meant to be the same in the big picture of standing in the community.

Someone on the PL can be there simply because they made an honest mistake, or messed up in a minor sense, and haven't met an obligation. By meeting the obligation they can come off the PL and start again. It is not punishment and whether its judgment depends on the case.

The HoS is more like "high crimes and misdemeanors" of the kind that mark a Board member as unworthy of the community. It can only come about by a majority vote and it can only be removed by a majority vote.

So like Ed said above too, effectually as far as sales board transactions, there is no difference. Just to be clear I'm not advocating changes,s, there is no difference, i.e., buyer/seller beware if dealing with these folks. The only differences then are no method of removal from HOS which seems to be sound as the "crime" is voted most egregious plus it is more publicly shameful.

Just to be clear I'm no advocating changes, I had just wondered why some advocated so much for HOS when to me I had treated them more or less the same but given, that HOS is permanent, I can more readily understand.

Thanks.