• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

What if the poll and write-up really should have been done before the addition to the PL, but no one was stepping forward to do the write-up based on people being busy with the holidays?

Should HusTruck avoid a worthy HOS nomination simply because he lucked out by pulling his BS during the holiday season when people are busy? (shrug)

Yes.

Or we can just change the rules all together.

I do not understand the interest in defending this person. His most recent act of lying and using someone else's photo to get out of a deal was beyond unacceptable.

Buying and selling here is a privilege not a right. I don't see why we should let a bad apple spoil further.

When the trash can gets full you throw it out, you don't wait for it to rot.

The debate is not about defending him, its about whether his offenses, such as they are, warrant the HoS.

As for the fake photo, that has been alleged, but have the original email or PM communications showing him do so been posted? I am aware that another Board member shortly after reported the same thing, but in this case also I do not think they posted the original communication. (shrug)

Hustruck had every opportunity to address that allegation.

I do not understand the interest in defending this person. His most recent act of lying and using someone else's photo to get out of a deal was beyond unacceptable.

Buying and selling here is a privilege not a right. I don't see why we should let a bad apple spoil further.

Where have you seen people defending him?

People are simply saying his inclusion into the HOS is unnecessary.

No one was defending his behavior. I was talking about people voting PL instead of HOS. I don't understand the need to give people multiple chances. I also think it speaks volumes that he came on here and said he didn't do anything wrong. That his shenanigans were somehow within the rules because of his stated rules in the sales thread. (An absurd argument by the way.)

The vote is pretty clear.

No one was defending his behavior. I was talking about people voting PL instead of HOS. I don't understand the need to give people multiple chances. I also think it speaks volumes that he came on here and said he didn't do anything wrong. That his shenanigans were somehow within the rules because of his stated rules in the sales thread. (An absurd argument by the way.)

The vote is pretty clear.

Agreed the vote is clear, we just see it differently.

What if he was simply on the PL and the HOS discussion was never brought up. A few months pass and he PMs the nominator and says "please let me off the list. I'm sorry. I'll give you $20. :foryou: " and he gets off the list.

Even if the nominator said "no", HusTruck could make his pitch here and people could pressure the nominator with accusations that he's being unreasonable. He has exhibited numerous examples of shady behavior that can't be rectified and are worsening.

Harv you seem to be wanting to punish someone for what if's or things they haven't done.

Yup. That's me. (thumbs u

The debate is not about defending him, its about whether his offenses, such as they are, warrant the HoS.

As for the fake photo, that has been alleged, but have the original email or PM communications showing him do so been posted? I am aware that another Board member shortly after reported the same thing, but in this case also I do not think they posted the original communication. (shrug)

Hi crassus. I assume you're referring to my posting that I confirmed from the original eBay seller that hustruck never had the book? No problem, here is the original message (thumbs u

15630634103_24f772abaa_b.jpg

Btw...who the hell am I punishing?!

People kept calling for HOS. Someone mentioned "do we even need a write-up?" and they were just going to start a poll. I guess I just wanted it done correctly if it was going to be done.

Who is punishing anyone?! meh I just gave my opinion on the situation just like everyone else seems to be doing.

What if he was simply on the PL and the HOS discussion was never brought up. A few months pass and he PMs the nominator and says "please let me off the list. I'm sorry. I'll give you $20. :foryou: " and he gets off the list.

Even if the nominator said "no", HusTruck could make his pitch here and people could pressure the nominator with accusations that he's being unreasonable. He has exhibited numerous examples of shady behavior that can't be rectified and are worsening.

Harv you seem to be wanting to punish someone for what if's or things they haven't done.

Yup. That's me. (thumbs u

That works in Parole hearings but not Prosecution. :shrug:

I think that the probation list and HOS are important and useful tools, however, they are not perfect. You could tatoo PL or HOS on someone's head and if a person decides to do business with them without doing research they are going to be stuck if there is a problem.

I think people are given way too many chances on the boards. I have my own list of not wanting to do business with certain people, they have almost always ended up in here with a discussion about being added to the PL or the HOS. I understand people make mistakes, when it comes to business practices there are no mistakes, you know if your doing something wrong or not. Someone using a picture of a completely different comic to get out of a deal is deceitful and bad form, no telling how far they will go with something else. These instances need to be taken care of fast and swiftly without question before someone really gets taken advantage of.

People kept calling for HOS. Someone mentioned "do we even need a write-up?" and they were just going to start a poll. I guess I just wanted it done correctly if it was going to be done.

Who is punishing anyone?! meh I just gave my opinion on the situation just like everyone else seems to be doing.

If you are willing to be the guy who puts together what is effectively the death penalty for forum sales, you better be ready to take the heat.

If you are willing to be the guy who puts together what is effectively the death penalty for forum sales, you better be ready to take the heat.

I see that now. I won't do it again! :D

......and it's only a matter of time before he defrauds someone out of a lot of money

You don't KNOW this and I hope we can both agree you can't convict someone on what you THINK they're going to do.

Let's say someone is threatening to shoot someone else, but they haven't done it yet, does that mean you just ignore that person until they really shoot someone?

......and it's only a matter of time before he defrauds someone out of a lot of money

You don't KNOW this and I hope we can both agree you can't convict someone on what you THINK they're going to do.

You can't convict based on expectations. Correct. But the fear of recidivism and lack of remorse certainly plays a factor with regards to sentencing.

Hado,

I am understanding that you think HusTruck should not be in the HOS?

Correct.

He's on the PL, the only way off is to produce the book to the buyer at the price agreed upon.

I think HusTruck's actions are increasingly fraudulent and deceitful and despite usually arguing against the call for the HOS, I think he belongs on there and think it's prudent now to nip it in the bud rather than waiting for him really to screw someone over our if a lot of money before then dealing with it.

Well-said. Well, sorta... it got a little confusing there at the end, but I get your gist.

;)

-slym