• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

Then I stand corrected. My apologies.

I still stand by the rest of my post - though I note you have now edited out some parts of the nomination, which I believe was the correct and proper thing to do - so thankyou for listening to the concerns of others. (thumbs u

However Jimmy is correct, punishment has been handed down for this offence, thus making HusTrucks offence ineligible for HOS nomination.

Should the poll be stopped in this case?

Edited by Beige

So anyone voting yes in the HOS is essentially deaf, blind or incapable of independent thought?

As regards this particular nomination, it would appear so. Deaf and blind to the idea that HOS nomination details should be confined to actual transgressions - yes, absolutely. That nomination started reading like Morton Downey Junior.

Incapable of independent thought? Apparently so in this case, although I am not the only one to comment on this particular nomination.

That would be me I guess - and I would reiterate again my point that I tried to make.

HusTruck being nominated wasn't a concern per se, the nomination containing irrelevant information about alleged actions at school, and a possibly homophobic post was. These 'incidents' have nothing to do with the CGC boards or a comic transaction.

I believe I am correct in saying HusTruck has never been on the probation list?

So this is quite a move, putting a boardie (and believe me, I thought the 'cracked case' picture was poor form) direct to HOS.

He may well belong with the Neeleys, but don't put him there because of a possible incident at school.

That has no place in this discussion.

I'd also agree with Pov and Jeff - there are a couple of people, wether well intentioned or not, who seem to thrive on whipping people up into a mob - which is wholly inappropriate for a HOS nomination.

2c

can you elaborate on this

I feel like because there are some horendous HOSers on the list that this set the bar so high it'd be virtually impossible for someone to get HOSed for anything less than outright theft.

Hustruck perpetrated a fraud. Not to get money, but to get out of a deal. If he had just reneged on the deal he'd be facing the PL and have to come to terms with some way to compensate the buyer for ending the deal without reason, and that'd be fine.

But he went further, using stolen images (from here on the board) to create lies that would give him an out. This fraudulent act was intentional, and he had plenty of time to rethink his act. But he decided the best act was to create this false story to get out of a deal he couldn't consummate any way.

So if the first act would have been probation worthy, doesn't intentionally lying, deceiving a fellow boardie all in an effort to get out of a marketplace purchase seem HOS eligible?

Anyone so quickly willing to lie, falsify, and decieve should have no place in the marketplace.

(I dont think any of his other acts are HOS material, just annoying, but if annoying was grounds to get HOSed, about 1/3 of us would get on the list at some point)

I love how people ask someone to write these nominations and then leave once the veterans start questioning the decision

Once againHarvey has done all the work and gets all the blame

I voted yes because HusTruck has had multiple offenses, has not shown to be a positive member, never made up for previous mistakes, his excuses are nothing but further lies for the deceit, manipulation and fraud that he's been caught time and time again

I also want to add thanks Harvey for writing this up.

I understand the veteran position that the call for HOS is becoming too common. I get it.

But can anyone argue that HusTruck's behaviors seem to be escalating from annoyance and lack of social graces to fraudulent and deceitful? I'm usually perfectly fine with PL and think that's where a majority of these people belong.

But HusTruck's behavior shows a pattern of someone that can't or won't reform. He is someone that is missing something :screwy: and it's only a matter of time before he defrauds someone out of a lot of money. Why wait?

The drop shipping of a book - :whatev: It's a person_who_is_obnoxiously_self-impressed move, but it's whatever. But then he searched out and stole images of a cracked case to get out of the deal. What if this wasn't brought to light? (shrug) Does he go even further the next time? What about the suddenly changing issues with his bank/PayPal account? Or the issues with echecks?

By his own admission - if you can get away with it, you'll do it.

How is that not a perfect example of someone lacking any semblance of a moral compass? If you can cheat people and get away with it, you do it. :facepalm:

I'll admit that in the beginning, I thought an addition to the PL was adequate. But the more I looked at his behaviors as a whole, I feel like it's only a matter of time before he really screws someone out of big money. That's in addition to many, many smaller deals that aren't brought to light. That is why I thought in this instance the HOS was a worthy nomination.

I set it up so that the results couldn't be seen until after voting and advocated that no one comment about the results until they voted so a vote wouldn't be swayed either way. Are 100+ completely wrong? It's not like 20 people voted "yes."

Harvey the comment about seeing votes was in regards that we had talked about and come more or less to the consensus that the option should be that results are not shown until the poll is closed. That's why it was brought up about being able to see the results.

I know. It was mentioned a couple of times. You can't control what people post. doh!

But a few seem to be insinuating that people are being swayed to vote one way or another based on the nefarious actions of a few that enjoy working together as a lynch mob. :eyeroll:

I do not understand the interest in defending this person. His most recent act of lying and using someone else's photo to get out of a deal was beyond unacceptable.

Buying and selling here is a privilege not a right. I don't see why we should let a bad apple spoil further.

When the trash can gets full you throw it out, you don't wait for it to rot.

I believe I am correct in saying HusTruck has never been on the probation list?

:gossip: He's on the Probation List right now. ;)

You can't go on the HOS for the same thing you went on the PL for.

why not?

Double Jeopardy.

This is crayfish.

You can't go from the PL to the HOS for no reason. Even dan guy that was into foreign books had to tell you guys to put him on the HOS as to give a reason to put him there.

Crayfish.

Plus, if he's on the PL - he has no way of getting off the PL so I'm not sure why you guys are getting all "THIS NEEDS TO BE NEXT LEVELED"

I do not understand the interest in defending this person. His most recent act of lying and using someone else's photo to get out of a deal was beyond unacceptable.

Buying and selling here is a privilege not a right. I don't see why we should let a bad apple spoil further.

Where have you seen people defending him?

People are simply saying his inclusion into the HOS is unnecessary.

What if the poll and write-up really should have been done before the addition to the PL, but no one was stepping forward to do the write-up based on people being busy with the holidays?

Should HusTruck avoid a worthy HOS nomination simply because he lucked out by pulling his BS during the holiday season when people are busy? (shrug)

The debate is not about defending him, its about whether his offenses, such as they are, warrant the HoS.

As for the fake photo, that has been alleged, but have the original email or PM communications showing him do so been posted? I am aware that another Board member shortly after reported the same thing, but in this case also I do not think they posted the original communication. (shrug)

What if he was simply on the PL and the HOS discussion was never brought up. A few months pass and he PMs the nominator and says "please let me off the list. I'm sorry. I'll give you $20. :foryou: " and he gets off the list.

Even if the nominator said "no", HusTruck could make his pitch here and people could pressure the nominator with accusations that he's being unreasonable. He has exhibited numerous examples of shady behavior that can't be rectified and are worsening.

What if he was simply on the PL and the HOS discussion was never brought up. A few months pass and he PMs the nominator and says "please let me off the list. I'm sorry. I'll give you $20. :foryou: " and he gets off the list.

Even if the nominator said "no", HusTruck could make his pitch here and people could pressure the nominator with accusations that he's being unreasonable. He has exhibited numerous examples of shady behavior that can't be rectified and are worsening.

Harv you seem to be wanting to punish someone for what if's or things they haven't done.