• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

I think a growing number of people have observed the overwhelming acts of generosity displayed on the boards and used it to their advantage.

Yeah this :censored: me off too because it usually for a very good cause.

It just reminds me of some of the people in this hobby will never change.

I think you mean that 'people' will never change. Sometimes some of us like to believe we're somehow 'better' than the rest of the unwashed masses, but in reality we're just a cross section of the population who's hobby (and occasionally business) is related to comics. Doesn't make us any better or any worse, so its full of good people with a few rotten apples looking to take advantage, just like the rest of the world. Not that we shouldn't hold ourselves to a higher standard, if possible, we should. But we should also recognize that we will never be free of that element. Put your hope in a better world, not a perfect world, and act accordingly.

Now that was poetry. Chat board prose do not get much better :golfclap:

Sorry to hear you are having trouble with this transaction. Sadly, however, it's your sympathy for the seller that's gotten you into this predicament. Paypal is there to protect buyers from flaky sellers, especially non-ebay sales. That you deliberately took that protection away from yourself by sending him a personal payment was just asking for the trouble you now have.

If you were concerned about the fees eating into his profits, you should have sent him some additional monies to cover the fees instead of ripping off Paypal.

At this point, you're relying on his good will which seems to be non-existent.

Sorry to hear you are having trouble with this transaction. Sadly, however, it's your sympathy for the seller that's gotten you into this predicament. Paypal is there to protect buyers from flaky sellers, especially non-ebay sales. That you deliberately took that protection away from yourself by sending him a personal payment was just asking for the trouble you now have.

If you were concerned about the fees eating into his profits, you should have sent him some additional monies to cover the fees instead of ripping off Paypal.

At this point, you're relying on his good will which seems to be non-existent.

Thanks, I agree with you, Bill.

I'm sure that was my intention originally, since I added about that amount to the payment, but I changed my mind when I saw the "friends" choice and thought about it, probably not my best decision, but certainly not my worst;) .

I wouldn't have any recourse if I paid by check either, something I often do with people I trust and this was my own decision, I just wanted him to get the money in time for his trip.

Again, I never expected to get my money back from posting here, that was not the reason for my post. It was merely a heads up to others.

I certainly never thought I'd be stirring up some huge controversy and for that reason, and the fact that I do believe most people are good, I'm sorry I posted..

On that note, his grandmother really did pass away, I googled it. I was on the fence about nominating him to begin with.

So, I did give the forum a heads up, but I've changed my mind, I'm not putting him on the list.

I started to last night, but when I went to link my nomination, I thought about all the other posts that would go along with with the link and how it's made what I wanted to highlight (his lack of communication) seem to be a background issue instead of what it is, the real issue.

Maybe he had some kind of breakup, I have no idea. I did like the guy and I'm going to just hope he's OK. Not getting the books upsets me a lot less than the lack of communication from him, or all the strife that's been posted here in the past few days.

So I withdraw my nomination.

I think you're just having a heavy heart, but a failed transaction is a failed transaction.

A PL nomination is a good warning for the community. It's obviously your choice, but I wouldn't withdraw the recommendation.

He could always come back and pull some shenanigans in the future and unless someone followed this thread, they wouldn't know to avoid him.

I find it difficult to nominate people, it upsets me.

I thought it would be simple, just cut and dried, and I'd just do it, but there has been too much drama.

I don't love drama except on tv. I actually agree with one thing RMA said, my payment was a donation, his grandmother really did pass away and I'm going to let it stay a donation.

I thought it would be simple, just cut and dried, and I'd just do it, but there has been too much drama.

I don't love drama except on tv. I actually agree with one thing RMA said, my payment was a donation, his grandmother really did pass away and I'm going to let it stay a donation.

This is why we love ya Sha. You took the high road even though you had every reason to throw him on the list. Now that his name is out there others will proceed with caution.

If there is a lesson learned...don't use personal PayPal.

You're one of the nicest people here and I hope all the drama doesn't change that.

I think you're just having a heavy heart, but a failed transaction is a failed transaction.

A PL nomination is a good warning for the community. It's obviously your choice, but I wouldn't withdraw the recommendation.

He could always come back and pull some shenanigans in the future and unless someone followed this thread, they wouldn't know to avoid him.

Yep. The warning is needed. And can't someone be removed from the list?

"Drama" can be a great necessity, and "strife" may not be that at all, when there are issues that need to be addressed.

Words mean nothing.

Actions, and more importantly, the motives behind those actions, are all that count.

Grave injustice had been done in the world by people who did not speak up when they had the chance, in the name of "not ruffling feathers."

Thanks, Hector, I'll survive, but I don't want someone else to get stuck. I know people asked me in pms before who it was and I didn't answer, but I promised I would post if I needed to, so I did.

Just wanted to wait till I was certain that I was not hearing back, because it upsets me to have to post, much more than the money upsets me..

The number of people on these lists compared to the genuinely nice honest souls is very small. We just see the list people in our faces here, so it seems huge, Junk Donkey had a point, this list is depressing, but it's necessary.

Wait, we have to be nice, honest, and have souls? Not being too demanding, are we?

Actually, scamming money from someone with a story about needing plane fare to get to your grandmother's funeral is about as low as it gets. :(

Lp

It's almost as bad as the guy that faked his father's death to get out of shipping some comics. Almost.

Sorry who was this then?

Thanks, Hector, I'll survive, but I don't want someone else to get stuck. I know people asked me in pms before who it was and I didn't answer, but I promised I would post if I needed to, so I did.

Just wanted to wait till I was certain that I was not hearing back, because it upsets me to have to post, much more than the money upsets me..

The number of people on these lists compared to the genuinely nice honest souls is very small. We just see the list people in our faces here, so it seems huge, Junk Donkey had a point, this list is depressing, but it's necessary.

Wait, we have to be nice, honest, and have souls? Not being too demanding, are we?

Actually, scamming money from someone with a story about needing plane fare to get to your grandmother's funeral is about as low as it gets. :(

Lp

It's almost as bad as the guy that faked his father's death to get out of shipping some comics. Almost.

Sorry who was this then?

Solarcadet1, I believe.

Then didn't he resurrect him and have him dying of Agent Orange and then get into a fight with someone over it? I think it was Mark-1 maybe.

Yes, he was dead before he was dying.

Then didn't he resurrect him and have him dying of Agent Orange and then get into a fight with someone over it? I think it was Mark-1 maybe.

Yes, he was dead before he was dying.

I remember now...dont think ive ever been more angry here.

And he STILL pmed me to try and buy something after... :facepalm:

"Drama" can be a great necessity, and "strife" may not be that at all, when there are issues that need to be addressed.

Words mean nothing.

Actions, and more importantly, the motives behind those actions, are all that count.

Grave injustice had been done in the world by people who did not speak up when they had the chance, in the name of "not ruffling feathers."

+ 1,000,000