• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

"Drama" can be a great necessity, and "strife" may not be that at all, when there are issues that need to be addressed.

Words mean nothing.

Actions, and more importantly, the motives behind those actions, are all that count.

Grave injustice had been done in the world by people who did not speak up when they had the chance, in the name of "not ruffling feathers."

At the risk of being a pedant, you say that words mean nothing but end your argument with a paraphrasing of either Burke or Mill in which you call for people to speak up. :baiting:

I believe he meant that words mean nothing when they are not backed up by actions, or concrete behaviors.

But it’s not always "not to ruffle feathers" that people simply choose not to interfere. There are public figures and politicians speaking about essential things, much more severe than personal PayPal issues, and still it’s not always the best thing to cause stirs by commenting out of impulsivity (like many people do).

If you are putting someone up for nomination, this is the right place. If you are curious about if something is worthy you can also place it in the sales general discussion.

Hi fellow board members. I am not a person to stir things but I have found the actions of one of our board members inexcusable. This person is Comicalgems. As part of Comicalgems MB celebration many promises were made and many went unfulfilled.

Example of a group thread created

Hello, you guys are getting this message because all of you were early bird buyers on my Happy Birthday Mystery Box thread.

I don't know why they keep deleting my threads, I had a talk with Arch about raffles, lottos, etc a while back and he said it's like legal liability that they just don't want to risk. So I get it, sort of....I mean would it have been as big of a deal if I'd said "Okay anyone who bought from me already can get this book at $150 instead of $1.50? Who knows for sure?

Honestly though I'm not really here to try to press the envelope or ruffle feathers I've just found a great venue for these sales so I like to run them here.

I've had very very few complaints and I've sold hundreds of these over the last year. Every complaint is resolved and usually results in repeat business so yeah....anyway, back to the point of this message.

You guys all were early buyers so I want to make sure I take care of each of you with a little something extra. I don't have enough copies of ASM 300 to sell to you all at $1.50 each though I wish I could. But I wanted you to know that I am going to come up with something and it will be good, I promise.

Now, do NOT delete this PM because this is where I'll offer any extras, like I might do reveals here a half day befor I put them in the thread etc, you guys are basically going to get the VIP treatment if the mods will stop deleting my thread.

I've sent you all invoices. I was hoping to have one of yours end in 1.50 but I don't think that'll happen just yet.

If you do want to remove yourself from this PM, that's fine, but you can't get back in once you remove yourself.

MB where not shipped to multiple members. When questions were being asked the following response was received.

I had that computer issue last week. Then this week I had my car keys stolen. Locksmith had me tied up pretty badly yesterday. I hate thieves, stole $20 cash and cost me over $450 to get squared away.

Shipping notices should start arriving in email later today.

Sorry guys. I did take today off work to get you guys shipped.

When boardies continued to question were the MB were the following response

Alright I said Thursday surprise-soooo I totally blew shipping these timely and to hopefully make up for it I'll be sending you each a free box.

Your tracking numbers are good and should show up in USPS system tomorrow if not already. All packages are away!

Some of the packages for members arrived but everyone was promised a min value of the MB they paid for. One comment from a boardie for his package

Congrats rittau. I myself was very disappointed with this whole experience. Maybe I'm alone in my thoughts and feel free to ignore this. I really, really wanted to like this sale but things were not delivered as promised. Keeping payment for a month before shipping out books is ridiculous. No business would do that. Even after getting confirmation because someone questioned the delivery, it took over a week to go out. I was told ASM300 would go to someone in this group thread and I didn't see that happen. No other special deals were offered up like promised. And I find it very difficult to see how my MB is worth $300, or even the $150 I paid. I received one semi-key book in bad shape that sells for $20. I realize the many misfortunes you stated in your previous posts (but you did collect a lot of money that could of helped w vehicle and computer) and I know not everyone can be winners, but make a better effort to come through on the promises. I don't have to win books at cover price, but it would be nice to see someone win. Personally I will consider this a lesson learned.

BF987C41-DA64-40F6-8F48-40B2ED31F073_zpspc5bipre.jpg

I personally never received a box. After waiting very patiently. When confronting the seller I received this response.

Just got logged into my paypal account, and can verify that I have not printed your shipping label, saw your message earlier but I was certain that you had asked me to hold your shipment and now I'm going back through my PMs and it looks like it was two other buyers that had asked me to hold, at any rate I've obviously not had the best run on this sales thread so I can either print a shipping label for you or offer a refund, whichever you prefer is okay by me....Apologies for the confusion.

I took the refund and advised that I could no longer do business with him. The response that came back

Refund sent, and printing a shipping label. If you like what you get, feel free to pay for it later OR if keep it as my gift to you.

Again, my sincerest apologies for the mix up.

Although I did not care. A promise was made to send the MB out. To this date I have no received anything. The shipping lable was created July 8. It’s still in that state.

For all the inconvenience the seller advised everyone would get a free mystery box. This has not happened for any board member to my knowledge from the noise I here.

example

Alright I said Thursday surprise-soooo I totally blew shipping these timely and to hopefully make up for it I'll be sending you each a free box.

Your tracking numbers are good and should show up in USPS system tomorrow if not already. All packages are away!

Sooooo......free boxes? hm

and

I have to ask, did anyone received their second mystery box? Plus did anyone else want to share what they got in their mystery boxes?

The seller needs to own up.

Edited by Diaolos

So are you nominating him for not sending a gratuity?

I am confused. There's just a lot of information in there and from multiple people.

Did you contact him recently about not recieving the box you think you're owed?

I am nominating him for all the a happened. I know it is very confusing. But what it comes down multiple unbroken promises. Unhappy people. I have posted a few things here and have invited members for this sales to make there comments and yes gratuity MB. This promise was made to all members of the "special thread" No one put a gun to Jason's head to offer the free boxes. If offered them on his own accord. He should own up to this for all members this was promised to.

Edited by Diaolos

If you were refunded I'd say you're square with the seller, it would be up to people who received nothing to come and nominate him.

Seems like a personal list situation, that and don't buy mystery boxes.

I don't think this is nominatable. There was no consideration and thus no contract broken, if I'm reading it right.

Not that people shouldn't follow through.

If you were refunded I'd say you're square with the seller, it would be up to people who received nothing to come and nominate him.

+1 Just seems like a mess. To many issues with to many participants. This maybe one of the reasons, I think, that the mods pull his threads. I bought one a while ago just for kicks and the contents were barely worth $150. 2c

consider reading the rules of probation list, see if you've met the criteria

According to the rules, I think the violation comes in when you pay for an item and it doesn't get shipped within 30 days. I think Diaolos is just trying to be transparent by providing all communications in order to make a better educated ruling.

+1 Just seems like a mess. To many issues with to many participants. This maybe one of the reasons, I think, that the mods pull his threads. I bought one a while ago just for kicks and the contents were barely worth $150. 2c

I agree with you both I am square. I am not looking for anything even if a free MB was promises, but I know that there are a lot of people out there that got taken and are not speaking up. I will not commit anymore. I have advised everyone involved of this sale. Hopefully they will stand up.

Edited by Diaolos

I agree with you both I am square. I am not looking for anything even if a free MB was promises, but I know that there are a lot of people out there that got taken and are not speaking up. I will not commit anymore. I have advised everyone involved in this thread. Hopefully they will stand up.

Hopefully they do, sorry you had a bad experience.

m1703.gif

Just got logged into my paypal account, and can verify that I have not printed your shipping label, saw your message earlier but I was certain that you had asked me to hold your shipment and now I'm going back through my PMs and it looks like it was two other buyers that had asked me to hold, at any rate I've obviously not had the best run on this sales thread so I can either print a shipping label for you or offer a refund, whichever you prefer is okay by me....Apologies for the confusion.

I took the refund and advised that I could no longer do business with him. The response that came back

So, you took the refund?

Refund sent, and printing a shipping label. If you like what you get, feel free to pay for it later OR if keep it as my gift to you.

And the seller apologized, refunded you and told you he'd send you something free for all of your troubles?

You want to nominate him because you didn't get a freebie???

:roflmao:

m1703.gif

So, you took the refund?

And the seller apologized, refunded you and told you he'd send you something free for all of your troubles?

You want to nominate him because you didn't get a freebie???

:roflmao:

Sounds more like he's just trying to give people a heads up and perhaps English is not his first language.

I agree with you both I am square. I am not looking for anything even if a free MB was promises, but I know that there are a lot of people out there that got taken and are not speaking up. I will not commit anymore. I have advised everyone involved of this sale. Hopefully they will stand up.

I think like I have stated before END the mystery boxes and this problem is solved. This type of problem is why.

How long are the MODS going to allow this continue in any form. I don't care about how great a deal one guy got. You are just lucky you didn't get hosed.

I know the seller is sincere and it sounds like he bit off more then he can chew finally. I think he tried to do the best he could.

Mods just end the Mystery boxes completely before it gets worse. Its only a matter of time. This is just a light blemish of a problem. End them before it gets worse. (Currently only a blemish apparently it might get worse.)

Edited by Fastballspecial