• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

Medium flat rate up to like 55 pounds is $12.99 or something

$11.30 if you print out the label on-line.

pretty sure its 70 to 80 lbs. I've shipped two slabs pretty comfortably in those medium flat rate boxes, its possible I've squeezed in 3 before but I doubt you could double box them, but I have super secret awesome weird padded envelopes I 'rescue' from work that protect really really well.

The extra book brought the weight up to over 3 pounds so I paid a bit extra at the post office when it was shipped.

It would have cost an extra $19 to have it upgraded to priority, on top of the printed postage that I already paid for.With the book added in as a means of offering my apologies, and the average of a 3 day differential between priority and media mail, this seemed decent to me.

Wait a minute.....

You're claiming a 3lbs priority package would have been $19 MORE than what you already paid?

So $22-23 to ship priority...for a 3-4lbs package?

I just ran those numbers....you could ship priority from the east cost all the way to the west coast for $15.

I have sent CopperAgeKids a PM about requesting he should be added to the probation list for the following reason:

On September 23, 2015 I purchased a slab from him on eBay. A tracking number was updated the same day. 9449009699938804728686

On October 11th I sent him this message thru eBay:

"Dear copperagekids,

What's going on with this book? A shipping label was printed a couple weeks ago, but tracking shows it never was shipped."

His response:

New message from: copperagekids (97Blue Star)

"My apologies for the delay, got slammed with overtime at work.The package will be shipped as soon as the post office open on Tuesday, the USPS is closed tomorrow.

Thank you for your patience"

On October 20th I open a request thru eBay asking for an update.

Seller's message:

"The piece will be shipped tomorrow, without fail.Please accept my sincerest apologies for the delay. Thank you for your patience, Evan O'Malley"

There still isn't any activity on the tracking number, and it has been over 30 days since purchasing the slab.

Did you get your books?

The tracking number shows it won't arrive until at least Saturday. Media mail cross country usually takes over a week for me.

I thought you were joking, and then I ran the above tracking number. He actually...sent you a slab....media mail...after all of that? That is a crock of you know what. He should have been ashamed for taking so long to mail it and sent it overnight or at least 2 day and he sent it media mail? It does show Saturday as a delivery date assuming it's even on time. What a pitiful excuse for a seller. I somewhat defended him in the past in a different thread but now I see why people said what they said. There is not enough :facepalm: for this.

I ship slabs under $100 media mail to keep the price of the book down.This was a $65 order, shipped.

Hardly anyone wants to buy a slab for $40 and have to pay 25% of the value of the piece to have it shipped.If they do, an upgrade is offered to USPS Priority.

It is perfectly legal to send out comics from 1990 and 1992 via media mail.I have yet to have any package that was sent media mail opened..........and if by the long shot any package were opened, then I'd absorb the shipping costs and ship it back out via priority.

I included a raw 1st print NM copy along with the slabbed 2nd print.

The raw book was quadruple boarded in a standard Mylite2, then sheathed in a Silver/Gold Mylite2 with about 4 silver/gold BCW boards.

Laid on top of a buffer, put on top of the slab....bubblewrapped in a oversized doublewall shipping box.

The extra book brought the weight up to over 3 pounds so I paid a bit extra at the post office when it was shipped.

It would have cost an extra $19 to have it upgraded to priority, on top of the printed postage that I already paid for.With the book added in as a means of offering my apologies, and the average of a 3 day differential between priority and media mail, this seemed decent to me.

At the very least it should have been sent priority mail for the inexcusable delay in getting the buyer the book. By sending it media mail to save a few dollars is extremely petty in this situation and insult to injury IMO.

Wait a minute.....

You're claiming a 3lbs priority package would have been $19 MORE than what you already paid?

I just ran those numbers....you could ship priority from the east cost all the way to the west coast for $15.

or all the way to Hawaii in the medium flat rate box for $11.30

Wait a minute.....

Right. I was going worst case scenario. In which case he's only moderately wrong.

Normal scenario, like you mention? He's delusional.

Wait a minute.....

Right. I was going worst case scenario. In which case he's only moderately wrong.

$11.30 in a ********pre-paid*** medium******* flat rate***** box.

I sent the books in my own box, which is thick double wall; the sort of box that CGC ships out slabs in.

Not a medium flat rate box.

Maybe the clerk wasn't accounting for the pre-paid postage that was already on my box.Which was about $3.77 ,IIRC.

Look, if 1Gringo wants to send the slab back to me, fine.I'll cover his shipping cost, and he can keep the raw book.If I was more patient, I would have cracked the slab and subbed it to CGC, I think it should have gotten a 9.8.Instead, I cut my losses and put it up below FMV, even for a 9.6, with free shipping as well.

I own and operate a small landscape construction business, I had 2 things going on last month.I will explain and then I'll stick a fork in the lot of this and the board can decide wether I should be tossed to the fires.

During that 1 month where I didn't ship the book, I worked an average of 75-85 hours each week.I installed a 210 foot paver walkway and 2 sets of steps, followed with a small 10x40 foot firepit in the homeowner's back yard.Landscaping to dress up the job in the front consisted of removing an ugly, overgrown shrub and planting a Japanese maple in its' place, along with decorative flowers and 5 yards of mulch in the front bed.

I didn't use a Bobcat.With the exception of a helper, I did all of the excavation myself, by hand.

During that month I went up to Baltimore to sub books to CGC.Went up there on Saturday.Had about an hour of sleep, was up all night prepping books on Friday.Got back and found out my helper was trying to negotiate a job with the homeowner.Fired him on the spot.

So I completed the job by myself, it's very hard to find a brick layer, who has a driver's license and will show up to work, everyday.

Now, I am working 2 days this week on a stump grinding job with the rest of my time spent on pressing books ,ebay and getting my stock ready for a show this weekend.

So, there you all have it.

Either put me on the probation list or do not.I have done nothing to be ashamed of.

The lot of you are reacting like I am a Godamned pederast.

Wait a minute.....

I sent the books in my own box, which is thick double wall; the sort of box that CGC ships out slabs in.

Maybe the clerk wasn't accounting for the pre-paid postage that was already on my box.Which was about $3.77 ,IIRC.

Look, if 1Gringo wants to send the slab back to me, fine.I'll cover his shipping cost, and he can keep the raw book.If I was more patient, I would have cracked the slab and subbed it to CGC, I think it should have gotten a 9.8.Instead, I cut my losses and put it up below FMV, even for a 9.6, with free shipping as well.

I own and operate a small landscape construction business, I had 2 things going on last month.I will explain and then I'll stick a fork in the lot of this and the board can decide wether I should be tossed to the fires.

During that 1 month where I didn't ship the book, I worked an average of 75-85 hours each week.I installed a 210 foot paver walkway and 2 sets of steps, followed with a small 10x40 foot firepit in the homeowner's back yard.Landscaping to dress up the job in the front consisted of removing an ugly, overgrown shrub and planting a Japanese maple in its' place, along with decorative flowers and 5 yards of mulch in the front bed.

I didn't use a Bobcat.With the exception of a helper, I did all of the excavation myself, by hand.

During that month I went up to Baltimore to sub books to CGC.Went up there on Saturday.Had about an hour of sleep, was up all night prepping books on Friday.Got back and found out my helper was trying to negotiate a job with the homeowner.Fired him on the spot.

So I completed the job by myself, it's very hard to find a brick layer, who has a driver's license and will show up to work, everyday.

Now, I am working 2 days this week on a stump grinding job with the rest of my time spent on pressing books ,ebay and getting my stock ready for a show this weekend.

Either put me on the probation list or do not.I have done nothing to be ashamed of.

Ya you were so busy you only managed to post almost every single day of September at all the hours of the day, sometimes each day you posted, morning, noonish, afternoon and evening. You also had a boat load of time to post books for sale on facebook (and here at the same time). Continue to try and get everyone to feel sorry for you being "too" busy.

Wait a minute.....

Ya you were so busy you only managed to post almost every single day of September at all the hours of the day, sometimes each day you posted, morning, noonish, afternoon and evening. You also had a boat load of time to post books for sale on facebook (and here at the same time). Continue to try and get everyone to feel sorry for you being "too" busy.

his spare time is used at dry cleaning, pressing and offering advice. 9.9s don't grow on trees, they are made

Wait a minute.....

his spare time is used at dry cleaning, pressing and offering advice. 9.9s don't grow on trees, they are made

"9.9's don't grown on trees, they are made."

BEST POST EVER.

Am I the only one who wants to see a 400 square foot fire pit? What kind of fires is that homeowner having? Is this some kind of Aggie Bonfire thing???
Maybe it was for himself. These things need a lot of containment. hm

Dumpster-Fire_zpsc1e71faa.jpg

Am I the only one who wants to see a 400 square foot fire pit? What kind of fires is that homeowner having? Is this some kind of Aggie Bonfire thing???

Off topic, but Glen's not fitting under that trashcan!

Wait a minute.....

Can't you just say Mia Culpa? We all have mess going on in our lives and the fact you couldn't manage to take 30 minutes to get to the post office or communicate effectively and to the buyers satisfaction is YOUR fault and there is NO excuse for it. Your deflection tactics are hilarious.

God knows how long you would have kept this guy hanging if he did not bring this up here.

The right thing to do is let him keep the books and refund all his money for the aggravation you caused him and move on. I vote for the PL for the mere fact you refuse to FULLY accept responsibility. Regardless I'm certain you've already made many persons "do not deal" with lists already. Good luck and God Bless.

Edited by MustEatBrains

I agree with the Brain Eater. It seems as though you are missing the entire point. Its not about "if" you can ship Media Mail in this situation, it is why would you do that after already making him wait for so long. So what if you gave him a good deal. Its not that great a deal if it turns into a hassle. The point people are trying to make is that it says something about you as a member, that you would ship it the absolutely slowest method the postal service offers after making him wait 30 days already. The great part about Priority is that when you are an extremely busy individual like yourself, they will come to your doorstep and pick it up for you. Even if you use your own box, you can measure it and ship it the exact same way.

Off topic, but Glen's not fitting under that trashcan!

We were all thinking it.

Dagnabbit.

The Chewbacca defense has been eclipsed by the "Japanese Maple no Bobcat couple hundred foot paver project defense."

I planted over five hundred dollars worth of trees and shrubberies, including a Japanese Butterfly Maple tree, this Spring in what turned out to be the worst drought in my lifetime. Is there a way we can work this data into the argument? I leave it to the boards whether or not it helps or hurts CAK.