• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

Extracted from pms with DennisRodmanofss re: book sold via pm:

500 for the Stallone??

Its a 9.2 right?

I think so, do you need payment right away??

Hi bud

Pls advise if payments will be made these two days so I can prepare packaging Thks

I sure will!

Whats the paypal email? Once I pay, will you be able to mail it out?

should have you paid by tomorrow.

Hi bud, pls advise payment date, Thks

Hi pls send payment as books is ready to go

pls advise payment, thks

Pls update payment status ASAP

I will report to the moderator/board if no further reply from you by end of this week

Any update? I will compaint u after 25 April

Seems fairly cut and dry. You do need to send him that seperate PM telling him he has been nominated to the PL. What was the timeline(date) from when he stated he'll pay you tomorrow and the last PM you sent him requesting a status? Also are the PMs showing as being read by him?

Extracted from pms with DennisRodmanofss re: book sold via pm:

500 for the Stallone??

Its a 9.2 right?

I think so, do you need payment right away??

Hi bud

Pls advise if payments will be made these two days so I can prepare packaging Thks

I sure will!

Whats the paypal email? Once I pay, will you be able to mail it out?

should have you paid by tomorrow.

Hi bud, pls advise payment date, Thks

Hi pls send payment as books is ready to go

pls advise payment, thks

Pls update payment status ASAP

I will report to the moderator/board if no further reply from you by end of this week

Any update? I will compaint u after 25 April

Seems fairly cut and dry. You do need to send him that seperate PM telling him he has been nominated to the PL. What was the timeline(date) from when he stated he'll pay you tomorrow and the last PM you sent him requesting a status? Also are the PMs showing as being read by him?

Yes, just sent him a separate pm re: nomination in probation discussion thread

The transaction was firstly discussed since 25 mar 2016 and he answered "I think so, do you need payment right away??" on the 25 Mar 2016.

He then said "should have you paid by tomorrow." on 5 April 2016

He haven't read my pm since 9 April 2016

You get my vote to have him added. Reading PMs is not a prerequisite to being put on the PL. IMO he dropped the ball on this one. Some may debate that the clock should start ticking on April 5th. Let's see what the board elders have to say.

Thks mate

Pet peeve of mine: using "pls" and "thks" instead of "please" and "thanks". (tsk)

Just reads to me like "F it, I don't have time to be polite!"

Doesn't really have much to do with this...just talking. Carry on.

Pet peeve of mine: using "pls" and "thks" instead of "please" and "thanks". (tsk)

Just reads to me like "F it, I don't have time to be polite!"

Doesn't really have much to do with this...just talking. Carry on.

thx (thumbs u

Hello fellas.

Update on my buyer. Still no payment after close to 40 days.

Adam (filter81) has my book as the buyer was to pay him. Buyer PM me he would offer some books to Adam as payment. From what Adam told me, he doesn't have much he can use from the list. "We're still talking about a couple of books but there didn't end up being much on the list that I could use."

So what can I do ? Can I re-open the sales thread ? Do I need to PM the buyer that I'm canceling his "purchase" ? If you want to put him on PL that is up to you. On my end, I will simply be reluctant to sell to him in the future.

Thanks.

Peter, did he give a reason why he suddenly isn't paying and is offering up books instead? (I assume trade was something you had not previously spoken about?)

No. No mention of trades in our PM's up until I posted on here and PM'd him again ( as per suggestion) that he mentioned he had talked to Adam about some books.

Maybe I should give Adam and the buyer some more time because of this: "We're still talking about a couple of books ... "

Yes ? No ?

I've also asked Adam what he wants to do.

:shrug: It's your book. I assume the idea is that if the trade works out, Adam keeps the books, pays you the agreed on price etc? That's fine but it is your deal. It's a crappy deal that this person has waited 40+ days to pay you and still hasn't when they agreed to. If you think it can be resolved then feel free to wait (you should do whatever is best for you)

Yeah I'll take your advice and give the two a couple more weeks to try sort things out. Why not. (thumbs u

Lesson learned though. I'll be more careful in outlining terms in future sales threads.