• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

Has Menace refunded everyone who wanted or needed a refund ? hm

Only one refund that I'm aware of and it's done. Apparently one open sketch opp and the books will be at CGC after the holidays. (shrug)

Good thing we saved the community from him. :eyeroll:

I just can't see putting this guy in the HOS if he has tried... and is continuing to try... to get the job done.

I know a member who can call moderation and get things done in less than 24 hours... maybe we can have him instantly taken off. hm

I have no idea what you're talking about and yet I'm very interested. hm

Since he's in the HOS, he really doesn't have any reason to try to get anything done now. No refunds, no books, no anything.

I know the guy didn't handle his business to the best of his abilities... but it appeared he was trying.

I suspect he will still fulfill his obligations and the pro-HOS crew will claim it is because they voted him in when it will actually show how foolish they were to do it.

With this latest "nomination" I have lost faith in the ability even trust these lists anymore. I'm sure some of these people are real scum but the way we've been so quick to judge is just depressing as a community.

I'll be ignoring these lists for at least the next 6 months or so. Maybe the new year will bring a change in peoples thought process.

Has Menace refunded everyone who wanted or needed a refund ? hm

Only one refund that I'm aware of and it's done. Apparently one open sketch opp and the books will be at CGC after the holidays. (shrug)

Good thing we saved the community from him. :eyeroll:

I just can't see putting this guy in the HOS if he has tried... and is continuing to try... to get the job done.

I know a member who can call moderation and get things done in less than 24 hours... maybe we can have him instantly taken off. hm

I have no idea what you're talking about and yet I'm very interested. hm

Since he's in the HOS, he really doesn't have any reason to try to get anything done now. No refunds, no books, no anything.

I know the guy didn't handle his business to the best of his abilities... but it appeared he was trying.

I suspect he will still fulfill his obligations and the pro-HOS crew will claim it is because they voted him in when it will actually show how foolish they were to do it.

Dang, you got a lock on cynicism! (worship)

With this latest "nomination" I have lost faith in the ability even trust these lists anymore. I'm sure some of these people are real scum but the way we've been so quick to judge is just depressing as a community.

I'll be ignoring these lists for at least the next 6 months or so. Maybe the new year will bring a change in peoples thought process.

I try to ignore it but some folks make it really hard to.

I try to ignore it but some folks make it really hard to.

The ironic part is that some great facilitators are now shying away from submissions. It will be harder to nominate people for the HOS if there are fewer transactions. hm

Maybe with less opps they will appreciate the ones they have?

Bear in mind that no system will be perfect and there will always be cases that are divisive and which leave some feeling no justice was done, you can never eliminate that completely.

The main isssue is how do you fix mistakes? (And I realize not everybody thinks its a mistake.) In most systems there is an appeal, but here the only recourse seems another vote, which may not bring any more consensus or satisfaction than the first vote.

I am not assuming that a public vote might not produce the same result, but generally it is very odd to have these kinds of serious things decided by secret ballot. Voting in and out of office public officials is not the same as passing judgment, condemning a person. Secret ballot in this context looks too much like the abuses that come from "secret informants".

So, what does that mean exactly? Will you buy from and / or sell to people on those lists?

Edited by Logan510

Unfortunately, ask Spiderman-On-Tilt how that went when he stated after all the years he has belonged to this forum he had no idea there was even a PL-HOS list when he sold to one of them - and got burned.

So, what does that mean exactly? Will you buy and / or sell to people on those lists?

Sure, why not?

Unfortunately, ask Spiderman-On-Tilt how that went when he stated after all the years he has belonged to this forum he had no idea there was even a PL-HOS list when he sold to one of them - and got burned.

Define "got burned"

So, what does that mean exactly? Will you buy and / or sell to people on those lists?

Sure, why not?

Shocking.

Sure, why not?

Shocking.

$$$

Define "got burned"

Go research his sale with BucOne. It made for not-fun reading at the time.

PayPal refund while he had the book in hand

Define "got burned"

Didn't SOT get his money? I only read a few pages.

Sure, why not?

Shocking.

$$$

lol

No, but nice try. (thumbs u

Define "got burned"

Didn't SOT get his money? I only read a few pages.

BucOne was already on the list when John sold to him, which is why it was odd when he came here pointing out the sale and mentioned he didn't even know this area existed before the transaction.

So just to make sure I am being clear enough for you, ExcludedTim is like what SOT did in selling to someone on the PL-HOS without thinking about why they are on the list. So selling to them is a stance - but making that point may come with a price if you are not careful.

I didn't read all of the details on the menace op or really follow it that closely & I didn't vote.

I don't think most of us know how the signature opportunities really work...I don't.

I read there to look at sketches & drama but I rarely post.

The little bit that I know about the process tells me that this recent rush to justice is likely to reduce the number of people who are willing to handle these "public" opportunities and take submissions from people they don't already know. When the bar is set low for this type of backlash from a majority of people voting here how can that not make facilitators more cautious about who they do business with?

When I first signed up here I "found" the sig forum & thought it was cool that I could communicate through these boards to get one of my personal books signed, sketched & slabbed by a favourite writer/artist...I avoided yellow fever though :grin:

It would be a shame if the public opportunities become less available because of this.

2c