• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

When was the PM informing him of his nomination? Also how much is the unpaid balance? Curious for the 72 hour rule.

Another question though is is this HoS worthy? He's been on the PL before, He has the book and didn't pay for it, and his "brother" is on here selling books using SSlim66's paypal address. There seems to be a lot going on with this user. Thoughts appreciated.

When was the PM informing him of his nomination? Also how much is the unpaid balance? Curious for the 72 hour rule.

Another question though is is this HoS worthy? He's been on the PL before, He has the book and didn't pay for it, and his "brother" is on here selling books using SSlim66's paypal address. There seems to be a lot going on with this user. Thoughts appreciated.

additional information on sslim66 and hcaworker which I believe to be a shill account

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=8066885#Post8066885

I have no doubt (despite the few board lawyers that will defend him), that what you are saying is true and he deserves to be nominated. The part that concerns me is that he seems like the type that will just disappear and keep creating shills which does not help get you the rest of your money owed. :(

ANSWERS FOR JAYBUCK:

When was the PM informing him of his nomination?

#5526388 - 32 minutes 52 seconds ago (ABOUT 10:00PM THIS EVENING)

Also how much is the unpaid balance?

$519 PLUS $100 LATE FEE THAT SSLIM66 ASKED TO ADD ON= $619

SSLIM66 after his last probation nomination, emailed me that he was going to create/use another account to get around the system. Looks like he apparently did this when he did not pay for my book, stopped responding all together, and began a new user ID hcaworker, showing my DD1 book in the threads, which I recognized and has been validated by other Key board members.

I'll let you be the judge, as the evidence is a plenty and feel confident you will do the right thing to further protect our community. Thanks and I am open for any additional information you may need.

sincerely,

strummer2 "still trying to keep TRUST alive out here!"

Sorry, but you sent him the comic before he paid in full, after he was on the PL? That's too much trust m'man!!

Sounds like he should be back on the PL. An HoS poll? Sure, why not? I'd be interested to see what people think. I know I for one would not want to do any business with him even if he gets himself off the PL again.

Before we get all poll crazy, I'd be interested in hearing a bunch of people's opinions.

In defense of Strummer2, speedy, he sent him the book on June 6th. SSlim66 was added to the PL on 06/17/2014 and nominated on the 13th. Both dates were after he sent.

Before we get all poll crazy, I'd be interested in hearing a bunch of people's opinions.

In defense of Strummer2, speedy, he sent him the book on June 6th. SSlim66 was added to the PL on 06/17/2014 and nominated on the 13th. Both dates were after he sent.

That's a little better. I still think it's way too trusting. Buying and selling comics is business, we'd do well to tread lightly and use some common sense.

it may not be HOS worthy but it's pretty shady that he purchased another book during the time he was supposed to pay Stummer2 under the shill account. Furthermore he attempted to sell books yesterday yet is not communicating with Strummer2 about the money owed

it may not be HOS worthy but it's pretty shady that he purchased another book during the time he was supposed to pay Stummer2 under the shill account. Furthermore he attempted to sell books yesterday yet is not communicating with Strummer2 about the money owed

Actually, someone coming back on here under a shill account, to do business, while hiding their true identity and lying about who they are to people to induce them to do business with them when they otherwise might not if they knew the truth is more than shady it reeks of fraud.

Not too many things more shame-worthy than out and out fraud.

Agreed with everyone's statements, and yes, I was too trusting; admittedly.

Hopefully I can recover my money from sslim66, and learn my lesson there.

I would never do that to anyone, and is promises seemed so sincere, I took the chance and gave sslim66 the book he so craved. Felt good to satisfy his need, but it bit me the behind badly.

Let's do the right thing, try to get restitution and get sslim66 to own up, fess up, pay up, stand up, and fly straight or go rip people off elsewhere. Who else here wants to be lied to and stolen from, with only the sound of "crickets" coming back whenever you email or call to get back money that is late and is yours, for doing a good deed. Wow! They sure don't make a Hallmark card that says thanks for the good gesture, now step aside so I can run! lol!

I will await your ruling and be available to answer any questions.

Thanks for everyone's valuable time in advance examining sslim66 actions!

strummer2

Edited by strummer2

Actually, someone coming back on here under a shill account, to do business, while hiding their true identity and lying about who they are to people to induce them to do business with them when they otherwise might not if they knew the truth is more than shady it reeks of fraud.

hm

He's also a sweet-talker. meh

header_oliveoyl.png

Ah yes I remember that fun from the summer. (p.s start stocking up on your popeye and olive oil first appearances, Movie is coming soon from Sony and it looks good) strummer2 just so you understand, after 72 hours has passed if he has not responded here (which he can't because he just got sent on a 1 week vacation) he will be added to the PL regardless. The HoS discussion is something separate going on.

hm

He's also a sweet-talker. meh

header_oliveoyl.png

clc3e.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Maker

ANSWERS FOR JAYBUCK:

When was the PM informing him of his nomination?

#5526388 - 32 minutes 52 seconds ago (ABOUT 10:00PM THIS EVENING)

Also how much is the unpaid balance?

$519 PLUS $100 LATE FEE THAT SSLIM66 ASKED TO ADD ON= $619

SSLIM66 after his last probation nomination, emailed me that he was going to create/use another account to get around the system. Looks like he apparently did this when he did not pay for my book, stopped responding all together, and began a new user ID hcaworker, showing my DD1 book in the threads, which I recognized and has been validated by other Key board members.

I'll let you be the judge, as the evidence is a plenty and feel confident you will do the right thing to further protect our community. Thanks and I am open for any additional information you may need.

sincerely,

strummer2 "still trying to keep TRUST alive out here!"

The fact he did not pay for the book and tried selling it here under a shill account makes me open to an HOS poll. ***

Since he is on leave now following a strike the question is do we wait for his return day to try getting him over here for an explanation? But overall this has a bad smell.

*** Note it turns out he was displaying the DD1 but not selling it.

:gossip: double strikes PovertyRow, he got a second one today for another shill account.

As to my reading of the rules, nothing prevents us from adding him to the P/L after 72 hours have elapsed, even though he can't respond. If he comes back after and challenges his adding, we can always remove him until a decision is reached.

As to the HoS pol, yea I would want to wait until we can at least give him an opportunity to present his side before we put it to a vote, but it definitely smells like a poll to me.