• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

From what I see, the buyer handled the situation properly. I can't say the same for the seller.

I don't think the buyer is doing anything wrong other than maybe jumping the gun with this public nomination - if there is a party at fault it is the seller, no doubt about it.

My point is that if you're planning on nominating someone for the PL, don't tell the other guy "you don't mind waiting" if you do & don't say "it's no big deal" if you're going to nominate him if you don't get it in a week.

That's just my impression of what CAHookle posted & I know he's just being a nice guy but if you're going to sugarcoat the PM discussion - faking "nice" while being annoyed - putting the seller on blast privately before you nominate him here seems fair.

(shrug)

I didn't mind the waiting if there was a mistake. Mistakes happen. Once the mistake was discovered and he says he will fix it and ship it out ASAP, how long exactly should I wait after that? Another month? Two months? After yet another week of not receiving so much as a tracking number I was starting to feel as if I was getting jerked around again. When others typed me asking if I got my books, and that they were having similar problems I felt I had waited long enough.

Edited by CAHokie

chiming in on this one, I posted a "take" for a book from A-Donis a good while back here: http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=6730092#Post6730092

Albeit was a cheap buy and great deal but he never completed the deal. I PM'd a few times reminding him, got the usual "ok, sure, sure" but he stopped replying at some point and I just let it go.

Just bad business, esp seeing he put the book back up for sale some time later here where it sold again: http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=8000601#Post8000601

just my two cents

Edited by MoJoePin

From what I see, the buyer handled the situation properly. I can't say the same for the seller.

I don't think the buyer is doing anything wrong other than maybe jumping the gun with this public nomination - if there is a party at fault it is the seller, no doubt about it.

My point is that if you're planning on nominating someone for the PL, don't tell the other guy "you don't mind waiting" if you do & don't say "it's no big deal" if you're going to nominate him if you don't get it in a week.

That's just my impression of what CAHookle posted & I know he's just being a nice guy but if you're going to sugarcoat the PM discussion - faking "nice" while being annoyed - putting the seller on blast privately before you nominate him here seems fair.

(shrug)

I didn't mind the waiting if there was a mistake. Mistakes happen. Once the mistake was discovered and he says he will fix it and ship it out ASAP, how long exactly should I wait after that? Another month? Two months? After yet another week of not receiving so much as a tracking number I was starting to feel as if I was getting jerked around again. When others typed me asking if I got my books, and that they were having similar problems I felt I had waited long enough.

The first version of your post was pretty clear. (thumbs u

I don't think you should have to wait for another month, you should be a priority for him, you need to make him recognize that.

Are you getting jerked around by the seller? Maybe but if you felt that way on Oct 1st you could have told him to shove his freebies & send your stuff pronto....that is clarity. Instead you accept some free garbage, extend the seller more rope which he's sure to wrap around his own neck & the let yourself get worked up by some anonymous :eyeroll: busy-body PM-pal with an axe to grind rather than some other guy who was also "waiting" then that's kind of strange.

I don't know this Adonis guy from a hole in the ground, he's been brought up here a half dozen times & flamed out pretty good in a VCC once when someone wouldn't sell to him early.... lol

The point is you changing your stance from "nice guy" to "nominator" in 8 days without any direct communication seemed like it was encouraged.

Thanks for confirming that.

Edited by bababooey

(shrug)

I don't think you should have to wait for another month, you should be a priority for him, you need to make him recognize that.

Are you getting jerked around by the seller? Maybe but if you felt that way on Oct 1st you could have told him to shove his freebies & send your stuff pronto....that is clarity. Instead you accept some free garbage, extend the seller more rope which he's sure to wrap around his own neck & the let yourself get worked up by some anonymous :eyeroll: busy-body PM-pal with an axe to grind rather than some other guy who was also "waiting" then that's kind of strange.

I don't know this Adonis guy from a hole in the ground, he's been brought up here a half dozen times & flamed out pretty good in a VCC once when someone wouldn't sell to him early.... lol

The point is you changing your stance from "nice guy" to "nominator" in 8 days without any direct communication seemed like it was encouraged.

(thumbs u

I too had a transaction with Adonis and I did not receive my books. I paid Paypal normal (goods) and I have already started the resolution center process.

Payment was sent on 9/18

Messaged on 10/1 inquiring on the purchase, said was packing up today

Messaged again on 10/8 and said had to check with his wife to see if they went out, no response since

(shrug)

So, this is too harsh, but you're kinda right. This is business, we shouldn't have to be nice guys to get what we've paid for. But as a buyer, if all your communications come off as "Take your time, I trust you, I know you'll send it eventually, life happens, etc.," you're not doing yourself any favors.

As for this nomination, A-Donis said he'd send it and hasn't, it's been over a month...OP, did you send him a PM in a separate thread saying you're going to nominate him? If so, then three days after that, if things don't change, I don't see why he shouldn't be put on the PL.

That's pretty lame and disrespectful. To you and the rest of us really.
?

Sorry, was responding to this:

chiming in on this one, I posted a "take" for a book from A-Donis a good while back here: http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=6730092#Post6730092

Albeit was a cheap buy and great deal but he never completed the deal. I PM'd a few times reminding him, got the usual "ok, sure, sure" but he stopped replying at some point and I just let it go.

Just bad business, esp seeing he put the book back up for sale some time later here where it sold again: http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=8000601#Post8000601

just my two cents

Hey guys. I'll chime in here cause I'm away.

I've been slacking with shipping.

I'll gladly offer a 100% refund, or if they want to give me a chance when I return, to make it up.

I understand the rules, and this was a total oversight on my part.

I'm at your mercy.

I want everyone to be happy.

Edited by A-DONIS

super convenient to avoid the PL at the same time as having a convention based sale (heavily timing reliant?)....

Hey guys. I'll chime in here cause I'm away.

I've been slacking with shipping.

I'll gladly offer a 100% refund, or if has wants to give me when I return, to make it up.

I understand the rules, and this was a total oversight on my part.

I want everyone to be happy.

Still not shipped & no explanation for mojo. :o

Kramer_ImOut.gif