• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

Punishing someone who has a shill account seems kind of pointless if the mods need to be alerted as to who is shilling.

Either set your servers up to notify you of these activities or do not punish people when you find out, just close one there accounts.

I don't understand.

:gossip: double strikes PovertyRow, he got a second one today for another shill account.

As to my reading of the rules, nothing prevents us from adding him to the P/L after 72 hours have elapsed, even though he can't respond. If he comes back after and challenges his adding, we can always remove him until a decision is reached.

As to the HoS pol, yea I would want to wait until we can at least give him an opportunity to present his side before we put it to a vote, but it definitely smells like a poll to me.

:eek::P

Punishing someone who has a shill account seems kind of pointless if the mods need to be alerted as to who is shilling.

Either set your servers up to notify you of these activities or do not punish people when you find out, just close one there accounts.

I don't understand.

Here's the problem with that Jimmy, the servers would be basing that off of IP addresses. Using a VPN or Tor would get right around that. Similarly it opens up the problem of families with multiple accounts. Also when you sign up for an account you agree that moderators may punish you for creating shill accounts, it's right in the terms of use.

ANSWERS FOR JAYBUCK:

When was the PM informing him of his nomination?

#5526388 - 32 minutes 52 seconds ago (ABOUT 10:00PM THIS EVENING)

Also how much is the unpaid balance?

$519 PLUS $100 LATE FEE THAT SSLIM66 ASKED TO ADD ON= $619

SSLIM66 after his last probation nomination, emailed me that he was going to create/use another account to get around the system. Looks like he apparently did this when he did not pay for my book, stopped responding all together, and began a new user ID hcaworker, showing my DD1 book in the threads, which I recognized and has been validated by other Key board members.

I'll let you be the judge, as the evidence is a plenty and feel confident you will do the right thing to further protect our community. Thanks and I am open for any additional information you may need.

sincerely,

strummer2 "still trying to keep TRUST alive out here!"

The fact he did not pay for the book and tried selling it here under a shill account makes me open to an HOS poll. Since he is on leave now following a strike the question is do we wait for his return day to try getting him over here for an explanation? But overall this has a bad smell.

Just want to be sure the facts are straight

He was not try to sell that book, but was showing it under the new account to get grades in the PGM thread

He did sell other books under the new account earlier this week.

ANSWERS FOR JAYBUCK:

SSLIM66 after his last probation nomination, emailed me that he was going to create/use another account to get around the system. Looks like he apparently did this when he did not pay for my book, stopped responding all together, and began a new user ID hcaworker, showing my DD1 book in the threads, which I recognized and has been validated by other Key board members.

I'll let you be the judge, as the evidence is a plenty and feel confident you will do the right thing to further protect our community. Thanks and I am open for any additional information you may need.

sincerely,

The fact he did not pay for the book and tried selling it here under a shill account makes me open to an HOS poll. Since he is on leave now following a strike the question is do we wait for his return day to try getting him over here for an explanation? But overall this has a bad smell.

He was not try to sell that book, but was showing it under the new account to get grades in the PGM thread

Thanks for the clarification!

ANSWERS FOR JAYBUCK:

sincerely,

This does sound HOS worth to me if someone comes back under a shill who has a prior record of shenanigans and does even more shenanigans under the new shill.

For gosh sake Lighthouse came back and he had the guts to do so under his original ID.

ANSWERS FOR JAYBUCK:

sincerely,

This does sound HOS worth to me if someone comes back under a shill who has a prior record of shenanigans and does even more shenanigans under the new shill.

For gosh sake Lighthouse came back and he had the guts to do so under his original ID.

hcaworker also bought two books (this one and this one) from my recent sales thread, which he hasn't paid for.

He bought them by PMing me and not by posting in the thread :P

What should I do? (shrug)

ANSWERS FOR JAYBUCK:

sincerely,

hcaworker also bought two books (this one and this one) from my recent sales thread, which he hasn't paid for.

Ship now, bill later.

ANSWERS FOR JAYBUCK:

sincerely,

Ship now, bill later.

Hehe... :grin:

That's not gonna happen :sumo:

Sakaridis. Beware the shenanigans that wait you with sslim66. He is not the droid you are looking for!

After this is settled let me know the price he offered and I may take them which they were Cgc!

Thx for everyone's help in bringing sslim66 to take care of his obligations first fly straight or be banned from stealing from any one else.

Trust me it does NOT feel good to be taken advantage of when you do something nice and kind for someone then feel like you've been mugged by them as they create a new Shill to avoid you and sell to the other board members who are unaware of the ethics of the shill account holder!

Justice is my hope however it is slims ethics I am concerned about...

Strummer

I too would like to officially add Ajaxfarrell.

Here is the recap:

7/16 - I requested 2 clocks and he sent me an invoice.

7/17 - Payment sent

7/23 - I follow up and he says they are shipping tomorrow

7/28 - He says he is having computer troubles and needs a few days if I still want the clocks. I agree that I want them.

8/9 - He says they will ship Monday 8/11 - computer issues are fixed.

8/19 - He says they will finally ship out on Tuesday 8/19 - Family issues held him up.

8/19 - I request tracking (read - no response)

8/24 - I ask if they have shipped (unread no response)

8/28 - I give up and tell him I am filing a paypal claim though I would still take the clocks if it can be worked out. No response

Paypal claim opened, no response to it so far.

Sadly I really want the clocks based on all the good things I have heard, but at this point, I doubt I would ever get them.

Paypal ruled in my favor and I will be getting a refund in the next day or two.

Still no word from Ajaxfarrell though.

Same. Paypal provided the refund but I think he should remain on the list until he can discuss why he failed to follow through on his sales.

I never got my purchase (even though he said it was mailed weeks ago), never responded to me, so he's going to stay on the list until he refunds me, since I can't go through Paypal. Still very disappointing.

I had gotten the same story like you did - from Ajaxfarrell. I had to go report to my credit card company to get my money back. I never got any response since 8/28. I guess he goes on banned list? (shrug)

I too would like to officially add Ajaxfarrell.

Here is the recap:

7/16 - I requested 2 clocks and he sent me an invoice.

7/17 - Payment sent

7/23 - I follow up and he says they are shipping tomorrow

7/28 - He says he is having computer troubles and needs a few days if I still want the clocks. I agree that I want them.

8/9 - He says they will ship Monday 8/11 - computer issues are fixed.

8/19 - He says they will finally ship out on Tuesday 8/19 - Family issues held him up.

8/19 - I request tracking (read - no response)

8/24 - I ask if they have shipped (unread no response)

8/28 - I give up and tell him I am filing a paypal claim though I would still take the clocks if it can be worked out. No response

Paypal claim opened, no response to it so far.

Sadly I really want the clocks based on all the good things I have heard, but at this point, I doubt I would ever get them.

Paypal ruled in my favor and I will be getting a refund in the next day or two.

Still no word from Ajaxfarrell though.

Same. Paypal provided the refund but I think he should remain on the list until he can discuss why he failed to follow through on his sales.

I never got my purchase (even though he said it was mailed weeks ago), never responded to me, so he's going to stay on the list until he refunds me, since I can't go through Paypal. Still very disappointing.

I had gotten the same story like you did - from Ajaxfarrell. I had to go report to my credit card company to get my money back. I never got any response since 8/28. I guess he goes on banned list? (shrug)

Just my 2c, I ordered some clocks from him a couple of years ago and it took awhile to get them, but he would send me updates every few days. I wasn't in a rush so I didn't complain. I'm very surprised to be reading this. :(

Sakaridis. Beware the shenanigans that wait you with sslim66. He is not the droid you are looking for!

After this is settled let me know the price he offered and I may take them which they were Cgc!

Thx for everyone's help in bringing sslim66 to take care of his obligations first fly straight or be banned from stealing from any one else.

Trust me it does NOT feel good to be taken advantage of when you do something nice and kind for someone then feel like you've been mugged by them as they create a new Shill to avoid you and sell to the other board members who are unaware of the ethics of the shill account holder!

Justice is my hope however it is slims ethics I am concerned about...

Strummer

He actually didn't make a lower offer, he just posted the :takeit: through PM. Which struck me as a bit odd at first (why didn't he just buy them in the thread?), but then I thought that there are probably some people who prefer buying privately. (shrug)

Oh well, I guess I'll just follow the standard procedure and keep the books for 30 days, and then nominate him for the PL (if he's even here by then). I'll send him a couple more PMs but I'm not holding my breath. :P

Communication is ALWAYS key. Life happens. Setting expectations makes everyone stress free.

^^

This is basically what I told a seller this week after waiting over a month for my item even though I paid within 2 hours. It took weekly pm's to finally get an answer that it has not shipped yet. Just keep me updated, that is all I ask.